• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might have been Morris defense but it was Quinn’s team. Which means Morris hands are tied to a degree. He can’t do something Quinn doesn’t want him to do. Like blitz. Quinn was a HUUUUUUUUGE proponent

Nobody tanking but TATF Tanker Boys. Tank on tankas.

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Stat of The Night & Post Game Notes

Yeah, the performance didn't inspire much hope. That FG to start with inches to go was just a terrible decision along with burning a TO. Running game is still garbage. Defense is still swiss cheese to any competent offense with good weather. I got PTSD watching the Panthers O make the same mistakes over and over and over. 

OH, and Rico has got to go. He's done. At least Neal still brings the wood. 

Thankfully, plenty of good teams left to bury us and give us a top end pick. 

2 minutes ago, nuccah said:

Yeah, the performance didn't inspire much hope. That FG to start with inches to go was just a terrible decision along with burning a TO. Running game is still garbage. Defense is still swiss cheese to any competent offense with good weather. I got PTSD watching the Panthers O make the same mistakes over and over and over. 

OH, and Rico has got to go. He's done. At least Neal still brings the wood. 

Thankfully, plenty of good teams left to bury us and give us a top end pick. 

Nobody tanking but TATF Tanker Boys.

Tank on tankas.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Nobody tanking but TATF Tanker Boys.

Tank on tankas.

I'm not advocating for tanking. I was legit pissed off when we took a FG on 4th and inches. This is just not a good football team. I don't know how Carolina kept missing the blitz pickups, but that's the only reason we won this game. 

20 minutes ago, nuccah said:

I'm not advocating for tanking. I was legit pissed off when we took a FG on 4th and inches. This is just not a good football team. I don't know how Carolina kept missing the blitz pickups, but that's the only reason we won this game. 

It sounds like that win might have hurt you a little bit Nuccah. LMAO.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Lets call it Dan Quinn Syndrome.   You know.....

***Falcons start season.   Lose lots of games.  Coaching is questionable.  Out of the playoffs by season's midpoint.

***Coaches start doing things differently.   Falcons start to win.  Coaches declare, "We have figured out how to win!"

***Team wins lots of games.  Pending FAs are very happy.... they play well enough to get new contracts -somewhere-....   Arthur Blank believes coaches have 'turned the corner'.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Please, AB.... break the cycle!

1 hour ago, arrogantBEAST said:

Raheem is making a case to be a head coach. This far, I like what I’m seeing!!! 
the blitzing is phenomenal and effective. 
Without the redone problems, Carolina would have been blown out. We punted 1 time; in the 4th quarter

Before Morris keeps this job, Blank needs to find out why Morris' defenses stunk so bad.   Morris' D was a big reason this team went 0-5.

4 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Before Morris keeps this job, Blank needs to find out why Morris' defenses stunk so bad.   Morris' D was a big reason this team went 0-5.

Might have been Morris defense but it was Quinn’s team. Which means Morris hands are tied to a degree. He can’t do something Quinn doesn’t want him to do. Like blitz. Quinn was a HUUUUUUUUGE proponent of getting pressure with the front 4 without blitzing. Since Quinn has been gone I’ve seen Keke blitz more than I’ve ever seen him blitz Quinn’s entire tenure. Quinn didn’t get creative at all on defense. I’ve seen more creativity with morris as IHC since Nolan in 2012. Belichiks coordinators do what he wants them to do. They follow his philosophy. Every coordinator Quinn had followed HIS philosophy before he fired them. All scapegoats. Quinn took over as coordinator and we went 1-7 then fired himself and went 6-2. I know you’ve noticed they’re much more aggressive now than when Quinn was HC. And if you recall Tampa’s defense was very aggressive under Morris as HC.