Possibly Calvin's injury per Twitter

It sucks losing quality players, especially ones of Ridley’s caliber, but I’m way past the point where I’m worried when someone is injured and which games they’ll miss. If it were a competitive season then yeah I’m looking at the schedule saying this is the best time to miss a game but.. not concerned which opponents we’re facing since the season is toast

The Atlanta Falcons obtained a modicum of good news following Calvin Ridley's foot injury that knocked him from Thursday night's 25-17 win over the Carolina Panthers.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday morning that X-rays were negative on Ridley's foot Thursday night, per sources informed of the situation.

The news adds optimism to Ridley's situation. The WR will undergo an MRI to determine if he'll return next week.

The Falcons have extra rest before playing Week 9 against Denver and then have a Week 10 bye. It's possible Atlanta plays it safe and holds Ridley out until after the week off.

The best news is if the MRI confirms the initial diagnosis, the injury shouldn't keep the touchdown machine on the sideline for the bulk of the stretch run.

Ridley caught three passes for 42 yards Thursday night, suffering the injury on his final snag before hobbling off and being ruled out. In eight games, Ridley has generated 43 catches for 657 yards and six TDs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/friday-s-nfl-injury-and-roster-news-for-week-8

1 minute ago, RetroRoq said:

The Atlanta Falcons obtained a modicum of good news following Calvin Ridley's foot injury that knocked him from Thursday night's 25-17 win over the Carolina Panthers.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday morning that X-rays were negative on Ridley's foot Thursday night, per sources informed of the situation.

The news adds optimism to Ridley's situation. The WR will undergo an MRI to determine if he'll return next week.

The Falcons have extra rest before playing Week 9 against Denver and then have a Week 10 bye. It's possible Atlanta plays it safe and holds Ridley out until after the week off.

The best news is if the MRI confirms the initial diagnosis, the injury shouldn't keep the touchdown machine on the sideline for the bulk of the stretch run.

Ridley caught three passes for 42 yards Thursday night, suffering the injury on his final snag before hobbling off and being ruled out. In eight games, Ridley has generated 43 catches for 657 yards and six TDs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/friday-s-nfl-injury-and-roster-news-for-week-8

Oh look, actual news on the injury. Now the thread has merit lol

That's my fault. I started him and Julio in fantasy. My choice was between them, Adam Thielen and Robby Anderson and I benched Anderson who would have gotten me a few more points than Ridley. With that said, Anderson sucked butt last night and I'm glad I didn't use him.

6 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

That's my fault. I started him and Julio in fantasy. My choice was between them, Adam Thielen and Robby Anderson and I benched Anderson who would have gotten me a few more points than Ridley. With that said, Anderson sucked butt last night and I'm glad I didn't use him.

Well I started Ridley AND Anderson, so I am none too pleased, ha.

Get better, Rid!

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Blake, OZ and Gage all look pretty good out there. They aren't Ridley but they can make his absence less of a loss.

Now might be a good time for someone to let Koetter know that NFL rules do actually permit you to use your RBs to catch passes, too.

Also, Matt Ryan & Hayden Hurst need to be spending every available second during this extended week getting on the same page with one another. They seem sooooooo close to having another lethal connection for their opponents to have to account for, but it's just still a little off.

5 hours ago, Drvillain said:

good timing. If the falcons cant beat denver without ridley, then they should officially tank

We already messed up 2 wins this year is too many lol there might legit be a winless team and 3 one win teams although i think Minnesota might win another game We’re officially out of the Trevor sweepstakes best case is trade up for Fields above Jacksonville 

7 hours ago, Drvillain said:

good timing. If the falcons cant beat denver without ridley, then they should officially tank

Hey, we were the 'best 1-6 team in the league' according to Tony & the Fox gang laughingly last night.  Fully agree with your statement though, except against the Saints and Bucs where we'll probably play out of our minds. 

7 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Hey, we were the 'best 1-6 team in the league' according to Tony & the Fox gang laughingly last night.  Fully agree with your statement though, except against the Saints and Bucs where we'll probably play out of our minds. 

Considering we should be 6-2 instead of 2-6, they really weren’t wrong. I’ve never seen a winless and formerly 1 win team be favored in so many games as we’ve been as well. 

9 hours ago, octoslash said:

2 - 6

Sit him until after the bye. 

Absolutely no reason to risk serious injury for one of our franchise players on a single game right now.  Also if this team has any pride they should beat DEN Ridley or no.  We have a bigger talent advantage in this game than we did vs. Minnesota