Julio postgame NFL network interview

8 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Our guys playing for a 90s playcaller at OC is what is old in ATL. Julio and Matt could stay 5 more years if they want. Just get me some coaches and a GM that can actually facilitate success by making players jobs easier.

This^^^^^!  We get some real football/personnel gurus in the house, retool the D and continue to fortify the trenches......we can win w our players on offense. I’ve said time and again,belicheck  might be leading division w this current team just due to having a real knowledge of utilizing guys to their strengths vs forcing square pegs into round holes.   

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our guys playing for a 90s playcaller at OC is what is old in ATL. Julio and Matt could stay 5 more years if they want. Just get me some coaches and a GM that can actually facilitate success by making

" I want to finish my career in atlanta"  That's all that matters to me. F the trade wannabes

How can anyone want to get rid of him?

2 hours ago, Atownbound said:

Did anyone else kinda catch a vibe like he was not against being traded. I might just reading his body language wrong and the tone when talked about being it. I hope he doesn't get traded. 2nd fav wr in falcons history. Roddy still bleeds falcon blood to this day.

Not at all he's just saying it's business and how things go in the NFL or sports in general, he's got no control over that and it's nothing personal. Just sounds like he's completely aware that a new coaching regime will be coming in and it's quite possible that nobody is safe or that he could take staying here for granted. I mean we've traded guys before he's watched friends get traded away, Sanu is a prime example, it's all business.

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Injured and he plays like this 😂 

cmon man.

I know I’ve gotten frustrated esp on the “in game thread” and trashed everyone down to the stray dog in front of the complex at FB but honestly the more I consider who/how we’ve lost and been exposed.....our O is still very potent if we have an innovative play caller, our D needs retooling around GJ but a competent solid staff would likely help mask a lot of our defensive weaknesses w scheme, blitz combos better attention to detail in coverage.  This team can be very good now and scary good w a quality OC + a ltl defensive help.   

2 hours ago, Atownbound said:

Did anyone else kinda catch a vibe like he was not against being traded. I might just reading his body language wrong and the tone when talked about being it. I hope he doesn't get traded. 2nd fav wr in falcons history. Roddy still bleeds falcon blood to this day.

He has no control so why would he be? Even if he came out and said "if you trade for me I wont show up", it doesnt stop a transaction if the team had a partner. He wont be going anywhere this year 

Just now, Dr Long Shot said:

We are talking about a scenario where Dann Quinn was not on the team to start. and assuming no other improvements anywhere. 

Pretty **** safe bet we would be 5-3 at the very worst, with a very strong chance at 6-2. And in my humble of opinion possibly 7-1 (the Packers were banged at and if we had come out with any passion on either side of the ball probably would have been a game)

9 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Our guys playing for a 90s playcaller at OC is what is old in ATL. Julio and Matt could stay 5 more years if they want. Just get me some coaches and a GM that can actually facilitate success by making players jobs easier.

This is hilarious because while watching the game it dawned on me... When we had Keotter as OC the FIRST time, we also had the problem of being able to drive up and down the field effortlessly, but almost always had issues in the red zone.

4 hours ago, Joey563 said:

This is hilarious because while watching the game it dawned on me... When we had Keotter as OC the FIRST time, we also had the problem of being able to drive up and down the field effortlessly, but almost always had issues in the red zone.

Sark aswell.

Its why the lack of creativity in that area of the field is telling.

Last night up n down the field with ease yet stumble in the RZ accepting 3s instead of smashing in 7s.

Its the biggest reason why this team is where it’s at for the last 3 years.People will say defense but when you are built how we are if our offense doesn’t fire we are dead meat for the most part and a middle of the road team.

Its interesting watching Julio. Still playing at a high level, but seems to be playing a lot smarter than he was when he was younger. Maybe not quite as explosive but knows the game well enough that he doesnt have to be. Of course, "not as explosive" for him is still better than most receivers in the league. Roddy is still my all time favorite

7 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Competent coaching and this team is hands down 5-3, possibly 6-2. Are we being hasty with thinking the window has closed on Matt and Julio?

It hasnt closed but it has 2 more yrs at best IMO. We won't get the other pieces in place by then. Such a shame TBH they both deserve rings.

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Sark aswell.

Its why the lack of creativity in that area of the field is telling.

Last night up n down the field with ease yet stumble in the RZ accepting 3s instead of smashing in 7s.

Its the biggest reason why this team is where it’s at for the last 3 years. People will say defense but when you are built how we are if our offense doesn’t fire we are dead meat for the most part and a middle of the road team.

exactly. Thats where the term complimentary football is big. If you have a high caliber scoring offense then you have to have a defense built to play big minutes, get three and outs, create fast turn overs, and not get burnt out or gassed easily.  

42 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

exactly. Thats where the term complimentary football is big. If you have a high caliber scoring offense then you have to have a defense built to play big minutes, get three and outs, create fast turn overs, and not get burnt out or gassed easily.  

It’s the pressure you put on the opposing offense to keep up.

2016 we would win the track meet because of it with similar offensive talent.It means you don’t have to have that stellar defense everyone is looking for because the opposing offense has to take more risks which brings the opportunistic defense like we have been built as comes into play.