14 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Morris was the one dialing up the big plays today.  Two of 3 sacks were on 3rd down.  The INT on 3rd down.  Twice forced TO on downs with big 3rd & 4th down stops.  Held the Panthers to just 2-10 on 3rd downs

It was said that Morris likes aggressive defenses with man coverage. The problem was he wasn't allowed to do it under quinn. Heck,  he wasn't even allowed to call every defensive play. As soon as quinn is bounced,  the defense transforms...

8 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Morris was the one dialing up the big plays today.  Two of 3 sacks were on 3rd down.  The INT on 3rd down.  Twice forced TO on downs with big 3rd & 4th down stops.  Held the Panthers to just 2-10 on 3rd downs

They are so quick to discredit morris but Ulbrich is a folk hero. Morris is the head coach, quinn was a big part of the issue.

8 hours ago, Spts1 said:

It was said that Morris likes aggressive defenses with man coverage. The problem was he wasn't allowed to do it under quinn. Heck,  he wasn't even allowed to call every defensive play. As soon as quinn is bounced,  the defense transforms...

Tell em bro. They are so quick to dismiss morris.

8 hours ago, itsryanwonder said:

If these guys play with heart under Ulbrich, I would like to see it.  I think this team is maybe 2 to 3 defensive linemen away from being a real threat.  Get that pass rush figured out 

I agree about the DL, we need at least one more quality edge guy. I like they way they approached yesterday. They sat Takk and just conceded they wouldn't get consistent pressure off the edges, so they just schemed various DBs and LBs through the A gap all night long.  That won't work against offenses more willing and able to throw the ball more than 10 yards down field. At some point your going to have to get honest pressure. But, it was nice to see the one game adjustments. 

10 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

If you want the Falcons to lose, why watch or post? Show up during the off season or draft day.

I don’t think people WANT us to lose but this is 3 years in a row of 1 win starts with nothing to show for it no playoffs no high draft pick i think people are tired of being mediocre if we’re gonna suck suck all the way don’t hold on to aging veterans just because then lose them in free agency for nothing this season is lost just like last year and no win streak will save us not every year there are 2 A+ QB prospects in the draft and both of them are from Georgia we have to get at least one whether Matt is here next year or not 

11 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

You can head on out whenever tanka. 
So fkg easy to pile on a team trying to figure it out.

I mean you know where I’m coming from right?

Tell me why you're really mad tho...   because our defense looked good against a young suspect offense without CMC.  So before I can agree with the OP about who should be our DC i wanna see what he draws up against real offensive teams....  I hope you keep that same energy if we give up 30+ points in those games....   

I’m not sure if the philosophy is more Morris or Ulbrick, but I LOVE it. Reminds me of Jim Johnson in Philly.

I think it’s important that we don’t throw the baby out with the bath water if we get a new GM/HC. The LAST time I was excited about a DC was Zimmer during Petrino’s aborted season. We should’ve never let him go.

1 hour ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Tell me why you're really mad tho...   because our defense looked good against a young suspect offense without CMC.  So before I can agree with the OP about who should be our DC i wanna see what he draws up against real offensive teams....  I hope you keep that same energy if we give up 30+ points in those games....   

I hear what you’re saying, but maybe it was your delivery that rubbed me the wrong way.

Regardless, I want to see them get some credit when they’re playing fairly well & not driving us bat **** crazy. Rather than chastise them regardless of performance.

I really don’t think anyone here can say we’re in the way to turning it all around at this stage.

37 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I hear what you’re saying, but maybe it was your delivery that rubbed me the wrong way.

Regardless, I want to see them get some credit when they’re playing fairly well & not driving us bat **** crazy. Rather than chastise them regardless of performance.

I really don’t think anyone here can say we’re in the way to turning it all around at this stage.

I just don't want the "Falcon way" coach...    like we do with players...    they look bad 3 years but contract year they are studs so we sign them to some mega deal...    I like how last night looked... but then 3rd & 17 happened..  and i immediately saw the last 6 + years of defense flash before my eyes. This is the same DC who called a prevent defense against the Lions which let them go 75 yards to win...    I wanna see how the defense looks against a legit balanced , score at will team...   even if we lose..   let me see sacks, pressure, TO's ,3 and outs,  And a score in the low to mid 20's and im for it..  

12 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

I just don't want the "Falcon way" coach...    like we do with players...    they look bad 3 years but contract year they are studs so we sign them to some mega deal...    I like how last night looked... but then 3rd & 17 happened..  and i immediately saw the last 6 + years of defense flash before my eyes. This is the same DC who called a prevent defense against the Lions which let them go 75 yards to win...    I wanna see how the defense looks against a legit balanced , score at will team...   even if we lose..   let me see sacks, pressure, TO's ,3 and outs,  And a score in the low to mid 20's and im for it..  

hard to argue with any of that. We’re all tapped out on the old way of doing things.

Change is in order.  

14 hours ago, socalriseup said:

I'm leading this train. Jeff Ulbrich deserves a real shot at fully running this defense, not just 2 downs. He has made magic with our linebacker core and has had 1st and 2nd downs looking great on defense (the blown 3rd downs are on morris). If he can work the magic he has with our lbs, he could be the only keeper out of this whole staff. 

Anyone else see it?

Was it just me, or did any of you see some 46 Bear in our scheme last night? I was feeling some serious nostalgia looking at a Falcons D that was eerily similar to the Gritz Blitz of 77. The blitzes were on point. 

Just now, SoCalFalconFan said:

Was it just me, or did any of you see some 46 Bear in our scheme last night? I was feeling some serious nostalgia looking at a Falcons D that was eerily similar to the Gritz Blitz of 77. The blitzes were on point. 

Don't get me wrong... I'm not comparing this D to the best statistical defense of all time! But they looked like they were running some 46 last night. That's all I'm sayin'!