No particular order:

I like that he leads with it's the best day or the worst day, that's bipolar funny.

You really can't think anything other than Brady is a year older, maybe a small decline but not that much.  GOAT.

You also can't expect Belichick is done for very long.  Ebb and Flow.  

Bucs are gonna beat us twice this winter, at least one of those times will be a 3 score drubbing.  

Pats today could beat the Falcons today.  Simple, Cam just throw the ball directly to our Safetys.  

And Falcons need a reboot, 100% top to bottom, Keep Koo because he's 100% within reasonable range.  100% staff overhaul.  Don't Tank.  If you ask players or coaches, even our team, if they buy in to tanking they will never recover from that stigma and they will not overcome the mental block to win in the future.  

The Pats/Belichick will be in the ACF finals before the Falcons win the NFC South.  Wish it wasn't true.  Give Belichick 2 seasons.  Give Falcons 3.  

Edited by Killing Floor

32 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Interesting perspective he has on this subject. This does pertain to us as well. I feel that this franchise is in desperate need for a reboot. 

Sorry, I can't listen to him. A reboot is just a reloading of the current operation system, often unrelated to updates or changes. I think we need a little more than that. We need a good GM and HC for sure. I'll let them figure it out from there. All I oppose is tanking. You don't need to throw games to rebuild if that is the chosen path. See Miami down the stretch last year. They ended strong  in a year where everyone thought they would tank. They got better week after week and carried the emotion into this season. You don't have to tank to rebuild. Furthermore, I haven't seen any evidence that tanking improves your chances or rebuilding/reloading (whatever the new regime wants) more quickly.  Look at the Jets, the good players won't have anything to do with you if they don't see your committed to winning. I heard that one of the QBs is rethinking entering the draft because (presumably) the Jets are an organization that is comfortable with losing. 

2 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Sorry, I can't listen to him. A reboot is just a reloading of the current operation system, often unrelated to updates or changes. I think we need a little more than that. We need a good GM and HC for sure. I'll let them figure it out from there. All I oppose is tanking. You don't need to throw games to rebuild if that is the chosen path. See Miami down the stretch last year. They ended strong  in a year where everyone thought they would tank. They got better week after week and carried the emotion into this season. You don't have to tank to rebuild. Furthermore, I haven't seen any evidence that tanking improves your chances or rebuilding/reloading (whatever the new regime wants) more quickly.  Look at the Jets, the good players won't have anything to do with you if they don't see your committed to winning. I heard that one of the QBs is rethinking entering the draft because (presumably) the Jets are an organization that is comfortable with losing. 

He was talking more in the vein of taking a step back so you can take two steps forward. Which sometimes franchises must do. Patriots have a foundation already in place. Even if they finished dead last they have earned enough equity to do so and not be a laughingstock.

It’s funny you mention Miami. My best friend is a Dolphins fan. So I’ve watched every single Miami game this season, and a bulk majority of last season. Since Flores took over they have gone through a MAJOR roster churn. They traded both Fitzpatrick and Tunsil for picks. During this roster churn Miami also used 84 different players last season before starting to hit a stride.

I don’t know the exact numbers but there is a very low number of players that are still there from the Gase regime. Just from 2018 to 2019 there was over 60% roster churn. Taking a look at Gase’s final year roster vs Flores current year roster and it’s almost completely different. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Miami_Dolphins_season

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Miami_Dolphins_season

Point is that sacrifices were made and there were no “sacred cows”. The Dolphins did what needed to be done and it’s starting to paying off. People looked at it like a “tank job” but it was finding the right players to change the culture. Which is what I’ve been advocating for since last year. Taking a step backwards so you can take two forward. 

44 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

It’s funny you mention Miami. My best friend is a Dolphins fan. So I’ve watched every single Miami game this season, and a bulk majority of last season. Since Flores took over they have gone through a MAJOR roster churn. They traded both Fitzpatrick and Tunsil for picks. During this roster churn Miami also used 84 different players last season before starting to hit a stride.

This was my point. Despite all this, Flores took every step he could to win every game the Dolphins have been in since he took over. He never made a call with draft position in mind. Rebuild or retool, tanking is not the path. I didn't hear any talk about the 2020 draft class dodging Miami. 

15 minutes ago, falcndave said:

This was my point. Despite all this, Flores took every step he could to win every game the Dolphins have been in since he took over. He never made a call with draft position in mind. Rebuild or retool, tanking is not the path. I didn't hear any talk about the 2020 draft class dodging Miami. 

He made moves that he knew would cost him games though. It’s not tanking but he knew what these moves would do. That’s my point. 

If Belichick was trying to reboot so to speak, why sign Cam?  Why not roll with Stidham and Hoyer?  Not that Cam has moved the needle for them but you have to believe BB was sold on Cam as a reclamation project or he wouldn't have bothered signing him.  

3 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

He made moves that he knew would cost him games though. It’s not tanking but he knew what these moves would do. That’s my point. 

Not within games. Roster management is different. Tanking is throwing games away to improve draft position. Once the whistle blew, he was playing to win. Players bought into that. Hence they are overachieving this season. 

25 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Not within games. Roster management is different. Tanking is throwing games away to improve draft position. Once the whistle blew, he was playing to win. Players bought into that. Hence they are overachieving this season. 

I never said within games. Not once. I said they made moves that they knew would cost them games. When you have an influx of new players you’re going to have play issues. 

I don’t think they are “overachieving” they are on the upswing but they have a ways to go. Their rebuild isn’t over yet. 

13 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Since they brought in Flores, I'd argue every move they made was the help them win. They expected to win more, not cost themselves games.

Yes every move made was to win more. However the initial moves he made were strategic. Flores knew that by getting rid of former first rounders and churning 60% of his roster, that he would lose games. It was an acceptable risk for him because he had a bigger goal in mind. 

22 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Interesting perspective he has on this subject. This does pertain to us as well. I feel that this franchise is in desperate need for a reboot. 

While I disagree with his appeal to emotion, I do agree with his assessment of the Pats, and how I think it can apply to the Falcons. "New England has figured it out . . .  Let's get bad fast. Reboot and get the next guy" @ 9:57 mark.

PS: I think Cowherd is using "rebooting" in the same sense as tanking. Other posters have said this: Players and coaches don't tank, but the front office does. In this case releasing or trading players or not resigning them, so they can get bad fast for one season to draft their new franchise QB.

Edited by Intellectually Honest
2 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

While I disagree with his appeal to emotion, I do agree with his assessment of the Pats, and how I think it can apply to the Falcons. "New England has figured it out . . .  Let's get bad fast. Reboot and get the next guy" @ 9:57 mark.

Yup. Not a fan of tanking but there are moves that are made that a coach knows will cost them wins. It’s acceptable casualties of a battle so you can win a war. 

We’ll have Matt and Julio at least for another year. The next draft needs to be defense, defense, defense. FA as well. Whoever the HC is needs to bring in an OC that runs a version of the wco so the offense doesn’t have another year of learning a system. Draft dawgs. No more Boy Scout types. If they get something for the offense get it in FA. Unless it’s a must have player at RB. No need to rebuild yet. Just retool and reboot.