Are you concerned about losing Alex Mack next year?

Maybe more important question is whether MR2 and MH can work it out quickly.  Tough position and Mack's had a good run.  Think he'll go to Chicago?

Hennessey was good at Temple.  So next step?  He and Mack aren't too different, really.  Except for experience and maybe 10 pounds?  

Could he step in today?  

My personal preference would not be breaking a center-QB middle of a season.  But this season is a wash so if it happens I think he'd be trucked a few times and step up.  This year a couple bad snaps or fumbles isn't going to hurt us.  So maybe toss him some reps late today.

Edited by Killing Floor
My auto spell is hilarious
1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

No, its time to move on and if Matt can't figure out how to get on the same page with a 2nd year center then that's his problem. Mack is very old, and we have the oldest roster in the NFL. Its time to move on from guys like Mack, Matt Ryan, Kazee, Neal and others. 

Are you saying those guys are old?  Kazee's 27.  Neal's 25.  

8 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Are you saying those guys are old?  Kazee's 27.  Neal's 25.  

Kazee is somewhat old but he is terrible and ineffective, and Neal is injury prone and has gone downhill. We already have Neal's replacement in Hawkins, and Kazee can be replaced by a parking cone. 

5 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Kazee is somewhat old but he is terrible and ineffective, and Neal is injury prone and has gone downhill. We already have Neal's replacement in Hawkins, and Kazee can be replaced by a parking cone. 

Imagine thinking Hawkins is definitely good enough to start. Haven't you seen terrible safety play enough this season? Also didn't he get injured in the only game he actually played safety in?

49 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Okay.  Just making sure you didn't think 27 and 25 are old.   Even by NFL standards.  

1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

Imagine thinking Hawkins is definitely good enough to start. Haven't you seen terrible safety play enough this season? Also didn't he get injured in the only game he actually played safety in?

Yeah but he was decent in that game. I would let all our safeties walk this year. Only guy I might consider keeping around is RICO for his experience. 

I don't think we have the money to keep Mack after this season unless he is willing to take a hometown discount.  Honestly I could see him hanging it up after the end of the year so perhaps we do him a favor and trade him to a contender for a late round pick.  

24 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Yeah but he was decent in that game. I would let all our safeties walk this year. Only guy I might consider keeping around is RICO for his experience. 

It's a difficult call for me. Neal's injury history is bad but he's arguably been our best player on defense this year, definitely top 3. If he stays healthy all year I'd probably resign him and pray, just so it's one less hole we need to immediately scramble for. I can't imagine he'll be asking for a mega deal.

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

It's a difficult call for me. Neal's injury history is bad but he's arguably been our best player on defense this year, definitely top 3. If he stays healthy all year I'd probably resign him and pray, just so it's one less hole we need to immediately scramble for. I can't imagine he'll be asking for a mega deal.

Really? I dont see it with Neal man, I think he's washed up. 

25 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Really? I dont see it with Neal man, I think he's washed up. 

I was worried early in the season but he's been back on form the last few games. Blowing stuff up in the backfield, splitting blockers, laying the big hits. He's even starting to force drops over the middle again like he used to from receivers feeling him coming. So yeah, it's hard for me to put more than one or two of our defenders over him right now. 

Of course, part of that is because our defense is all around not very good, but it's still hard for me to stomach going into a rebuild by cutting one of our younger, good players. Injuries just throws it all up in the air more. 

I think I'll be okay whether we keep him or not. Either way you're just gambling.

45 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Unless he is resigning for under 5m a year with minimal guaranteed money I just can't see anyway he is back next year.

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you trust Matt Hennessy to take over for Alex Mack? Or do you think that we are going to wish Alex Mack stayed another year or two?

Really... what difference does it make at this point?  We can't win games with Mack.  Without him we will lose just as many.