predict the results of the 2020 presidential election

achilles return

2 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Why not both GIF

I'll be honest, Texas is strange.  I don't understand why Trump isn't getting blown out in Texas with a certain demographic over one issue alone, but again, I don't understand Texas.  The problem  with Georgia not being reliably blue is twofold IMNSHO, a large segment of a certain demographic that doesn't vote and voter purges.

Looking at al l these maps, it's pretty wild how many states a GOP candidate has to have to win. You're already down CA, IL, and NY, so you really can't afford to lose anything in the south.

Before the pandemic, I'd say Trump in a landslide. I don't think people really care about character when everyone was working and there was no threat of war.

Now, it really is a toss up, but if I had to guess, a considerable W from Trump.

12 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

I live in Texas now, there is a record high voter turnout and many of the voters are not happy with trump. IMO it could be a big surprise. 

Where do you live, Dallas Ft. Worth, Austin?  I visit Texas quite frequently and have many friends there, this is not the sentiment I'm hearing. And out of curiosity, what are they not happy with?  Give me a specific reason. 

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Where do you live, Dallas Ft. Worth, Austin?  I visit Texas quite frequently and have many friends there, this is not the sentiment I'm hearing. And out of curiosity, what are they not happy with?  Give me a specific reason. 

I live in Fort Worth. Many are unhappy with his mishandling of the epidemic and dividing our nation. 

14 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

No offense but Georgia is too backwards. They still have voter purges, and elected officials spouting some ignorant things on TV. 

None taken, but saying Georgia is "backwards" when a large majority of Texans can turn their backs on the suffering and treatment of their own people (caged kids in particular) is baffling.  

Edit:  Plus y'all have Louie Gomert and a some more clowns I can't name out there, saying stupid stuff!  Texas has Georgia BEAT!!!

Definitely trying to suppress the Democrat vote in Texas. The red light on the road to the polling place for no reason at all is malfunctioning so traffic is backed up for miles so people trying to vote will not get in line on time

Edited by Brehus

The cities in Texas are mostly blue. Even Fort Worth, which has stayed mostly red up until the 2018 midterms. The thing with Texas is it is a huuuuge state with a huge population that does not live in cities, so just looking at the major cities will never give you a real glimpse at how people in the state feel.

It's a very purple state at this point though. The safe bet is for Trump to carry the state again, but we will see.

Texas also has a long history of voter suppression, particularly in south and east Texas. The southern parts of the state are majority Hispanic in many areas and have historically had very poor voter turnout. Folks might be surprised how many Hispanics prefer Trump for purely economic reasons.

46 minutes ago, Carter said:

The cities in Texas are mostly blue. Even Fort Worth, which has stayed mostly red up until the 2018 midterms. The thing with Texas is it is a huuuuge state with a huge population that does not live in cities, so just looking at the major cities will never give you a real glimpse at how people in the state feel.

It's a very purple state at this point though. The safe bet is for Trump to carry the state again, but we will see.

Texas also has a long history of voter suppression, particularly in south and east Texas. The southern parts of the state are majority Hispanic in many areas and have historically had very poor voter turnout. Folks might be surprised how many Hispanics prefer Trump for purely economic reasons.

The outstanding counties where the votes are not in are red. I think Trump wins Texas by 3-4%

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Unless there is some serious legal wrangling, WFW 4 year reign as Election Map Champion is over...long live the King!

You already know I'll have to get in at least one jab on you over this, but it will be mild because I think America is a dumpster fire right now and for the foreseeable future.

3 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

You already know I'll have to get in at least one jab on you over this, but it will be mild because I think America is a dumpster fire right now and for the foreseeable future.

I give them and I expect them.  I expect it and the funnier the better.  If we cannot lay it on the line what good are we? Like I said yesterday, it's all good unless Biden tries to take my Lake House away...:lol:

11 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I give them and I expect them.  I expect it and the funnier the better.  If we cannot lay it on the line what good are we? Like I said yesterday, it's all good unless Biden tries to take my Lake House away...:lol:

Nov. 5, 2020    Top headlines:

7 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Nov. 5, 2020    Top headlines:

The more Biden can pad things the better off he'll be from the legal challenge.  Like I said, I have started sheltering things, and I'm either renting or selling the Fairfax house when my wife decides to give up her board position.  Maybe we will hng onto that house to avoid the Capital Gains hit Biden will command during his 1 term and wait for Nikki Haley/Jr. relief. 

5 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The more Biden can pad things the better off he'll be from the legal challenge.  Like I said, I have started sheltering things, and I'm either renting or selling the Fairfax house when my wife decides to give up her board position.  Maybe we will hng onto that house to avoid the Capital Gains hit Biden will command during his 1 term and wait for Nikki Haley/Jr. relief. 

Truth to tell....Biden has little to do with what’s going on right now in these states, right? They were overwhelmed by the (record setting) large voter turnouts. I also seriously doubt he will get much done on the tax front with a divided house/senate. Best case scenario, actually, for our country....which is why the stock markets around the world are surging. History shows when one party has total power and govt loses much of the checks/balances which help make our country uniquely great, that’s when things get fuked up. 

Even though you’ll be wrong on predicting the eventual presidential outcome, you were ultimately more ‘right’ than anyone in here (including me) on how close things ended up. Congrats on that.

You live in fairfax? I was there just last week. D.C. was eerily a ghost town, which broke my heart. I had no idea how bad things were there.