https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30155186/election-2020-political-donation-history-wealthy-sports-owners

I'm not here to offer an opinion, only to inform.  The mods made it clear that they will not tolerate inflammatory political comments on the first pinned thread so please be civil either way.  I just found it informative that Arthur Blank gives to Biden and the Democratic party.  

Interestingly enough, the other co-founder of Home Depot Bernie Marcus is in the process of donating 90% of his 5.9 billion dollar fortune, 7 million going to Trump.

https://www.businessinsider.com/home-depot-bernie-marcus-donate-fortune-trump-2019-7

Both men have given much more generously to our state.  Bernie Marcus contributed 250 million towards our aquarium and everyone knows Blank was a huge part of it as well.

Before I hear this is TATF, it is since we give our money(I'm a STH) to the Falcons.  Be it through purchases or television ratings, he is the recipient of our funds and chooses how to use them.

Edited by falconfanatic365
1 minute ago, falconfanatic365 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30155186/election-2020-political-donation-history-wealthy-sports-owners

I'm not here to offer an opinion, only to inform.  The mods made it clear that they will not tolerate inflammatory comments so please be civil either way.  I just found it informative that Arthur Blank gives to Biden and the Democratic party.  

Interestingly enough, the other co-founder of Home Depot Bernie Marcus is in the process of donating 90% of his 5.9 billion dollar fortune, 7 million going to Trump.

https://www.businessinsider.com/home-depot-bernie-marcus-donate-fortune-trump-2019-7

Both men have given much more generously to our state.  Bernie Marcus contributed 250 million towards our aquarium and everyone knows Blank was a huge part of it as well.

Before I hear this is TATF, it is since we give our money(I'm a STH) to the Falcons and he's the owner.

What concerns me is how people actually think it's unbelievable that two people with such varying opinions could work together. It used to be what separated us from the rabble. 

Just now, slider said:

What concerns me is how people actually think it's unbelievable that two people with such varying opinions could work together. It used to be what separated us from the rabble. 

I don't find it unbelievable, some of my best friends are from the other party.  I said "interestingly enough".....although I'm not saying that you are referring to me.

Just now, falconfanatic365 said:

I don't find it unbelievable, some of my best friends are from the other party.  I said "interestingly enough".....although I'm not saying that you are referring to me.

You're right, I wasn't referring to you. I should've made that clear.

It’s true. People can have business relationships. 

My “don’t get fired for no good reason” rule of thumb:

I never discuss or even engage political, religion or sex conversation with colleagues or clients. Never. Even if it’s the table talk I just drink my whiskey and nod my head.  

All bets are off with friends/family. But it’s just too easy to get in dumb battle in the office. 

I guess what you’re saying is AB can pick his battles and when he wants to fight them?  I wonder if he’d be willing to donate to “Save our Secondary” foundation?

20 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

It’s true. People can have business relationships. 

My “don’t get fired for no good reason” rule of thumb:

I never discuss or even engage political, religion or sex conversation with colleagues or clients. Never. Even if it’s the table talk I just drink my whiskey and nod my head.  

All bets are off with friends/family. But it’s just too easy to get in dumb battle in the office. 

I guess what you’re saying is AB can pick his battles and when he wants to fight them?  I wonder if he’d be willing to donate to “Save our Secondary” foundation?

Ha!  That would be a worthy cause.

32 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I don't care what he does with his money on the political side. He's done his best to make Atlanta relevant in many ways. I appreciate all he's done.

He sacrificed all of the loyal fans that had season tix for decades to implement PSL's and sell the tix to corporations for thousands. 

He now has a new stadium (Mall) with no fans. 

He has Zero championships...same as the previous owners. 

And yes we are relevant...for losing the biggest lead in SB history.

10 minutes ago, AvidFalconFan said:

He sacrificed all of the loyal fans that had season tix for decades to implement PSL's and sell the tix to corporations for thousands. 

So youre just going to post all the negative in recent years? 

1 hour ago, ROMERO said:

So youre just going to post all the negative in recent years? 

You see the forest for the trees. 

If you didn’t live through Rankin you just don’t get it. Apathetic doesn’t cover it for his ownership style. 

Arthur is a good man who tries. They don’t hand out SB trophies in crackerjack boxes so I certainly don’t make that the determination factor. PSLs are up to ST holders to make decisions on. I’m not one so it has no relevance to me. 

Rankins shouldn't be any kind of bar for the org. Blank has been better, but things fell through the floor last 2 / 3 years. Blank absolutely needs to bring in better people with the next hirings. Then, maybe we can create a new bar that we will all be happy with

8 minutes ago, tbhawksfan said:

Rankins shouldn't be any kind of bar for the org. Blank has been better, but things fell through the floor last 2 / 3 years. Blank absolutely needs to bring in better people with the next hirings. Then, maybe we can create a new bar that we will all be happy with

However the Rankins are a bar. That's fact for those of us who lived through it. There's also a cycle to things in pro sports. The Patriots dynasty is an aberration and not a norm in a salary cap NFL.

Edited by Geneaut

I lived through the Smith ownership. Born and raised in Georgia. Yes it was bad but the overall results are the same...no championships. 

If you're not in it for the team to win championships you're not in it for the right reasons. 

Arthur has hired many and yet the same results. Somewhere ownership must be accountable. 

Negative or not, facts are facts. Mention the Falcons to most and they think the Falcons are a joke. 

I like to wear my Falcon gear proudly. I can't do that at all. 

Again, Arthur killed his Fan base. He micromanages his coaches and he gets too close to players. 

I'm not saying Arthur doesn't do good things for others and the community but as owner of the Falcons I wish he would sell. 

1 hour ago, AvidFalconFan said:

I lived through the Smith ownership. Born and raised in Georgia. Yes it was bad but the overall results are the same...no championships. 

If you're not in it for the team to win championships you're not in it for the right reasons. 

Arthur has hired many and yet the same results. Somewhere ownership must be accountable. 

Negative or not, facts are facts. Mention the Falcons to most and they think the Falcons are a joke. 

I like to wear my Falcon gear proudly. I can't do that at all. 

Again, Arthur killed his Fan base. He micromanages his coaches and he gets too close to players. 

I'm not saying Arthur doesn't do good things for others and the community but as owner of the Falcons I wish he would sell. 

A team championship doesn't do anything for me. I enjoy games for themselves. I enjoy the games for the games. I don't get a trophy when the team does.

If you can't differentiate between the two ownerships then I got nothing for you.

9 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

A team championship doesn't do anything for me. I enjoy games for themselves. I enjoy the games for the games. I don't get a trophy when the team does.

If you can't differentiate between the two ownerships then I got nothing for you.

That's good you enjoy the games just for themselves. You sound more like a casual fan. I'm an Avid fan and I want to be able to brag about my team especially when they win a Championship. It's all good. 

As far as being able to differentiate the two different owners, all I care about is winning and neither owner has brought a SB Championship to the fans of Atlanta. Long overdue.

I don't care about a new stadium the average fan can't afford to see a game in. Thousands of dollars to pay for tickets but you get 2.00 hotdogs and a losing team. 

I can definitely see the forest for the 🌳trees's. 

Just now, AvidFalconFan said:

That's good you enjoy the games just for themselves. You sound more like a casual fan. I'm an Avid fan and I want to be able to brag about my team especially when they win a Championship. It's all good. 

As far as being able to differentiate the two different owners, all I care about is winning and neither owner has brought a SB Championship to the fans of Atlanta. Long overdue.

I don't care about a new stadium the average fan can't afford to see a game in. Thousands of dollars to pay for tickets but you get 2.00 hotdogs and a losing team. 

I can definitely see the forest for the 🌳trees's. 

A fan is a fan. It's crazy to get into that mindset in here. This isn't a d!ck measuring contest.

5 hours ago, Geneaut said:

A fan is a fan. It's crazy to get into that mindset in here. This isn't a d!ck measuring contest.

There are levels to being a fan.  And from your take, I agree with the other poster that you sound like a casual.   Nothing wrong with it. 

10 hours ago, AvidFalconFan said:

8 hours ago, Geneaut said:

You see the forest for the trees. 

If you didn’t live through Rankin you just don’t get it. Apathetic doesn’t cover it for his ownership style. 

Arthur is a good man who tries. They don’t hand out SB trophies in crackerjack boxes so I certainly don’t make that the determination factor. PSLs are up to ST holders to make decisions on. I’m not one so it has no relevance to me. 

Yup.

Blank Whiners such as the above  are further examples of ‘You Don’t Know what you don’t know.’