Takk potential trade ?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not an expert on comp picks but aren't comp picks offset by anyone equivalent you might eventually sign? In other words you don't automatically get a comp pick for Tak. I think they should trade h

It would be foolish not to take a 5th for him.  The team isn’t winning shiot this year, they need to know that. He also isn’t worth re-signing, and I hope they know that too!

Spending additional money on a lost season. Insanity

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Yeah but you are making my point for me. The criticism against Takk is that he isn't healthy but when he is, he has produced this year and looked like our best DE. 

Takk has never produced thats the difference. Especially not on a Julio level (In terms of being a DE obviously)

Saying he is our best DE is like saying Allen is our best FS. Does not mean much, he’s just the best trash out of the garbage bin.

8 hours ago, The Architect said:

Comp picks for him wont come until 2022 though. If you can get comparable compensation, it's best to get it sooner.

And then there's no guarantee anyone is going to commit a lot of money towards him with his injury history. Or if we'll even get comp picks. 

Conversely, it’s similar situation with Keanu:

Both are decent players when healthy.

Both are UFA next year.

Does either fit a new regime? Would either command enough in UFA to generate a comp pick?

Depends on price of a cheap “keep for a year” deal vs trading now. That’s basically it as neither gonna get comp worthy contract in UFA...Then we again, we paid Ray Edwards!

6 hours ago, k-train said:

Simply being on a team that goes to a Super Bowl isn't exactly "becoming a stud" though. Nor is going to another team and having just one or two decent but not spectacular seasons before fizzling away into the forgotten.

And again, you've gotta go back nearly 20 years to find anyone that could potentially come close to that... so people acting like that has been some sort of norm over the past 15 years are delusional.

Players leaving and becoming absolute studs elsewhere, no.... definitely not the norm.   In fact since TD got here, you would have a hard time finding former Falcons on other teams' rosters....except for the last two-three years.   I attribute that to Quinn more than anyone else.

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Beasley is infinitely more talented than takk....WTH is this nonsense? He just doesn't have the heart. Are you takks grandma?

This is laughable at best. Beasley should have been in a 3-4 all along. Takk is a TRADITIONAL 4-3 DEnd. AND A GOOD ONE! He just isn't consistent and doesn't seem motivated under the past regime. The smartest thing to do have done would have actually been TRADING BEASLEY A SEASON EARLIER and keeping that cap savings to extend TAKKs 5th year. But that's not what folks here are typically used to. ACTUAL INTELLIGENT FRONT END OPERATIONAL MOVEMENT. DImitrioff was a cancer. Outside of Matt Ryan and Julio he was fluff. We need real football guys here who can retain a talent like TAKK because HE WOULD HAVE PLAYED AT A DISCOUNT HAD WE JUST LET OFF THE FREAKING "FALCON FILTER" BS. Beasley is fluff and WILL NEVER DUPLICATE THAT SEASON HE HAD ever. I honestly believe that. TAKK meanwhile will go on AND ACTUALLY RECORD 10+ SACKS ELSEWHERE. 

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy
10 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Takk has never produced thats the difference. Especially not on a Julio level (In terms of being a DE obviously)

Saying he is our best DE is like saying Allen is our best FS. Does not mean much, he’s just the best trash out of the garbage bin.

Yeah he has, his pressure rate is actually elite and he would have more sacks if we arent terrible in coverage. Yall have no qualms paying Dante Fowler but between the two Takk looked better and has more sacks. 

Just now, Osiruz said:

Yeah he has, his pressure rate is actually elite and he would have more sacks if we arent terrible in coverage. Yall have no qualms paying Dante Fowler but between the two Takk looked better and has more sacks. 

Not a fan of Fowler lol so while that may be the case for others not for me. I would agree with you that Takk is the better of the 2 but again, that is not saying much of anything. 

He has 7 sacks in the last 25 games. The reason I specifically mention that number of 25 games is that Takk has never been the same after that shoulder injury in the Bengals game in 2018. He closed out his rookie year in 2017 looking good and then was on fire to start the 2018 year. After that injury vs the Bengals he constantly kept getting re-hurt and has not been the same player.

If you want to praise the "Almost sack guy" be my guest but until he can prove both of the following he is not worth keeping or paying  A} He can stay healthy AND B} Can produce 

8 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

This is laughable at best. Beasley should have been in a 3-4 all along. Takk is a TRADITIONAL 4-3 DEnd. AND A GOOD ONE! He just isn't consistent and doesn't seem motivated under the past regime. The smartest thing to do have done would have actually been TRADING BEASLEY A SEASON EARLIER and keeping that cap savings to extend TAKKs 5th year. But that's not what folks here are typically used to. ACTUAL INTELLIGENT FRONT END OPERATIONAL MOVEMENT. DImitrioff was a cancer. Outside of Matt Ryan and Julio he was fluff. We need real football guys here who can retain a talent like TAKK because HE WOULD HAVE PLAYED AT A DISCOUNT HAD WE JUST LET OFF THE FREAKING "FALCON FILTER" BS. Beasley is fluff and WILL NEVER DUPLICATE THAT SEASON HE HAD ever. I honestly believe that. TAKK meanwhile will go on AND ACTUALLY RECORD 10+ SACKS ELSEWHERE. 

I hear this garbage about every player that isnt successful here. Omg they'll leave and turn into a superstar cause we're the falcons. Well another poster couldn't name one single falcon that's happened with besides brett favre so maybe you'd like to take a try?

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Not a fan of Fowler lol so while that may be the case for others not for me. I would agree with you that Takk is the better of the 2 but again, that is not saying much of anything. 

He has 7 sacks in the last 25 games. The reason I specifically mention that number of 25 games is that Takk has never been the same after that shoulder injury in the Bengals game in 2018. He closed out his rookie year in 2017 looking good and then was on fire to start the 2018 year. After that injury vs the Bengals he constantly kept getting re-hurt and has not been the same player.

If you want to praise the "Almost sack guy" be my guest but until he can prove both of the following he is not worth keeping or paying  A} He can stay healthy AND B} Can produce 

That is fair and I agree with that, but I do think its a matter of when he will be getting healthy. I don't mind moving on but for no less than a 4th-5th. 

10 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Takk may be talented and he may be close to getting a lot of sacks but to steal a cliche, "your best ability is your availability" and Takk has been extremely lacking in that department.  Players rarely are able to overcome the injury history he has to become reliable.  He has chronic injuries and that will probably always be the case.  

I would be very surprised if any team offers the Falcons anything worth considering for Takk. The most likely scenario is that we cut him loose at the end of the year. It has been a complete disappointment which follow the Beasley one. Devastating for a franchise to have two top first round picks at DE to end up being a bust.