How can we lose in spectacular fashion this Thursday?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank God. I'd hate to lose in an embarrassing fashion! 

With :01 left in the game and the Falcons leading 66-0, missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 suddenly shoots through a wormhole connected to the galaxy Andomeda, and falls onto the Falcons bench. 

I think about half the population of the boards would say we lose spectacularly by winning at this point. They have somehow learned to enjoy pain!

3 hours ago, Mr.Blank said:

How about: Instead of taking a knee (for Matt Ryan's safety, of course) we decide to pass to run out the clock (because running the ball didn't work) and Jake Matthews steps on Matt Ryan's foot causing him to trip and fall in our own end zone for a safety. Falcons lose 15-14.

Feel free to come up with your own...

Ryan will trip he does not need Jake to do it

With :01 left in the game and the Falcons leading 66-0, missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 suddenly shoots through a wormhole connected to the galaxy Andomeda, and falls onto the Falcons bench. 

Everyone in the Atlanta franchise is instantly vaporized except for defensive end Takk McKinley, who is in the locker room dealing with a hemorrhoid and two cracked fingernails.

The Falcons, without enough players to field a team and run out the final second, are forced to forfeit, and per NFL rules, lose the game 2-0.

We have to forfeit because we show up to a local Bank of America branch instead of Bank of America Stadium.  Rich McKay admits that the last thing he said to Morris the night before was "I'll see you at Bank of America".    

The headlines feature a picture of Arthur Blank slouched over wearing a black pin-striped suit with arms folded in front of him on the stadium sideline.  The caption will read:  Mr Blank is the brains of the outfit......the only brains. 

I think the only fun thing that keeps me chuckling through it all is enjoying just how desperate & hysterical the MR haters have become lol.

Of all the things they can manage to come up with to blame this crap show on, they contort themselves into the pretzel logic that our problems are due to our QB. 

It’s comedy gold!  :lol::lol::lol:

Just how stupid must you be to believe you can talk yourself & others into such a far fetched fantasy. 

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I think the only fun thing that keeps me chuckling through it all is enjoying just how desperate & hysterical the MR haters have become lol.

Of all the things they can manage to come up with to blame this crap show on, they contort themselves into the pretzel logic that our problems are due to our QB. 

Just how stupid must you be to believe you can talk yourself & others into such a far fetched fantasy. 

Idk, ask half the country lol 🤷🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Idk, ask half the country lol 🤷🏼‍♂️

LOL, ya know buddy, I really have become so apathetic over this teams crap, that I really don’t care what the next regime says or does.  The proof will be in the pudding.

But the horse manure from MR trolls isn’t even in the realm of lucidity. Sigh. 

Panthers are driving, down by 1 with under a minute to play. Bridgewater breaks off a run and just before he slides down to set up the winning field goal try, he loses the football. The ball gets kicked around and instead of a Falcon simply falling on it to ice the game, it gets picked up and returned for an apparent touchdown. Only problem, the Falcons went the wrong way and fell into their own endzone for a safety as the clock runs out. Panthers win by 1. 

Edited by jstammer
3 hours ago, octoslash said:

Everyone in the Atlanta franchise is instantly vaporized except for defensive end Takk McKinley, who is in the locker room dealing with a hemorrhoid and two cracked fingernails.

The Falcons, without enough players to field a team and run out the final second, are forced to forfeit, and per NFL rules, lose the game 2-0.

I can see this happening...

2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I just wish we had as many top 10 defenses with Matt that Brady had. We'd have multiple SB's. That's my fantasy. All this stuff in this thread is a "laugh so you don't cry" kind of thing.

Up by 6 late in the game, Teddy send a desperate hail mary to mid-field, where one of our guys intercepts it. 

Unfortunately, the interceptor tries to return it rather than giving himself up, gets turned around, and ends up running it back into our own endzone, where it's stripped away and recovered by the panthers for the win. 

8 hours ago, falcndave said:

I think about half the population of the boards would say we lose spectacularly by winning at this point. They have somehow learned to enjoy pain!

nope.. just need that top 5 pick for new gm/coach.

top 5 pick is a huge help.. you saw what mike smith did with it.

Carolina is up by one and attempting a field goal to go up by four with a minute and a half remaining. The Falcons block the field goal and the ball is scooped up by the Falcons. Our guy is running it all alone by himself and at the 5 yard line he trips and fumbles the ball out off the end zone. Touchback. Carolina runs the clock out to preserve the one point victory. 

6 hours ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

nope.. just need that top 5 pick for new gm/coach.

top 5 pick is a huge help.. you saw what mike smith did with it.

So, you get a better pick at 5 than 8?  100% sure. It would be unlikely to get a better player at 12 than 4?  Drafting is an in exact art. You gain nothing by losing. The only way you lose in the draft is by making the wrong pick anytime you are on the clock. 

10 hours ago, Mr.Blank said:

I just wish we had as many top 10 defenses with Matt that Brady had. We'd have multiple SB's. That's my fantasy. All this stuff in this thread is a "laugh so you don't cry" kind of thing.

And if we’re honest, look around the league at Big Ben & others besides Beady. Our defenses have been below average for MR his entire career.  Solid defenses go a very long way in producing & contributing toward wins.  
Another huge factor is having great coaches & consistent OC’s, coaches &  schemes/system in place during your career.  
Considering the lack of these important things, MR still has overcome & has a great chance of making it to the HOF.  It’s amazing actually.

My goodness. Looking at this season, where we urinate away every possible opportunity to win is actually a new thing, even for me. We should be no less than 4-3 right now but our less than competent coaches and non-intelligent players have somehow made a rotten 2020 even worse.

Who would ever have thought that being a fan of a franchise would result in testimony about perseverence in the face of almost constant failure with no reward? And the sad thing is that I can't explain why I've hung in for 44 years.

I never thought that my failure to develop a drinking problem would have adverse consequences until the last few years. If I could have envisioned everything that's piled up since 2016, I most certainly would be self-medicated and numbed every gameday.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we won tomorrow. We flash a glimmer of hope by spoiling some team's chances while going harder to spoil ours.