Seriously? Seriously? Raheem says he didn't want Matt to take the knee and get hit.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Scooby Doo fashion, the gang just unmasked Raheem and it turns out to be Quinn

"I should have, looking back at it, taken a knee with Matt," Morris said. "But I just wanted to put it in Todd's hands, a guy that's comfortable carrying the ball in [that] situation, not have to worr

Did we just replace Crusty the Clown with Sideshow Bob?

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, athell said:

What was the exact quote?

"I should have, looking back at it, taken a knee with Matt," Morris said. "But I just wanted to put it in Todd's hands, a guy that's comfortable carrying the ball in [that] situation, not have to worry about people jumping on a quarterback pile and trying to knock the ball out of [Matt's] hands. I wanted to put it in a sure running back's hands."

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/raheem-morris-not-taking-a-knee-in-fourth-quarter-my-biggest-regret-in-loss-to-l

For the love of God, that's why you tell refs you're going to take a knee and give yourself up so they can protect you by blowing a quick whistle.

Edited by Zzzzz
4 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

"I should have, looking back at it, taken a knee with Matt," Morris said. "But I just wanted to put it in Todd's hands, a guy that's comfortable carrying the ball in [that] situation, not have to worry about people jumping on a quarterback pile and trying to knock the ball out of [Matt's] hands. I wanted to put it in a sure running back's hands."

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/raheem-morris-not-taking-a-knee-in-fourth-quarter-my-biggest-regret-in-loss-to-l

For the love of God, that's why you tell refs you're going to take a knee and give yourself up so they can protect you by blowing a quick whistle.

Oof...yea that's not a good look Raheem.

7 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

Could you imagine if we'd of lost a SB because of this? This is why we need real coaches in house at Flowery Branch, not the clown show we've been running for the last 6 years. 

30 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

Forgive me if this has already been posted and I missed it.

Joe Hamilton and Hometeam on 680 just played the audio from Raheem's press conference yesterday.

Three words:

JOB. INTERVIEW. OVER.

😠

Yeah, a better answer would have been....

I wanted to run the clock down and end with a TD and rely on a FG. 

Would have still not been the right decision but at least it would have sounded WAAAY better! 

That is not a good quote at all to be known to the public. The little confidence level that remain will plummeted, yet it just reveals what we all suspected about this coaching staff which is they are overall incapable of making winning decisions. There is a talent problem but all teams have that up to certain extend, but we have deeper problems with the coaching/teaching and philosophical approach of our current coaching staff. It needs a complete overhaul from the ground up. 

Edited by falcon22

Trying to think back all the way to 2nd grade in the ‘70’s to today.

i have only seen a kneed or spiking QB get rushed once. Breck Hagar did it (Texas, 2017?). Since it was closing game and both teams were in stance he basically bounced off the guard. Looked really silly. Is something similar what Morris was concerned about?  Unless all 11 D piled there’s no touch to the guy in back. 

What am I missing?

15 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

This is the problem RIGHT here (The bold words in his statement)

33 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

Radio Raheem strikes again. I’m patiently waiting for someone to defend this nonsense. Same regime. 

1 hour ago, Zzzzz said:

Forgive me if this has already been posted and I missed it.

Joe Hamilton and Hometeam on 680 just played the audio from Raheem's press conference yesterday.

Three words:

JOB. INTERVIEW. OVER.

😠

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This is why we cannot have nice things or a winning team...C'mon man

Clean house 

56 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

Like a drowning man grabbing for anything to keep himself afloat .

55 minutes ago, athell said:

Oof...yea that's not a good look Raheem.

I.... think we need a new interim coach to replace our interim coach............  😗