Are NFL Referees Really Ever Held Accountable for Their Jobs?

24 minutes ago, Fired Up said:

Go to the other angle, it wasn't as bad as that angle looks, they 100% deserved it.

You can admit it was 100% the wrong call, it’s okay. It doesn’t make you any less of a Falcons fan.

8 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Brady is used to the refs working for him.

Agree tenfold. Dude is the biggest ***** I’ve ever seen. He cries more about not getting calls when he wants him than Peyton did. And that’s saying something.

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

You can admit it was 100% the wrong call, it’s okay. It doesn’t make you any less of a Falcons fan.

Agree tenfold. Dude is the biggest ***** I’ve ever seen. He cries more about not getting calls when he wants him than Peyton did. And that’s saying something.

Wrong call, right team.😜

One thing I can say with certainty, if that call had happened to the Falcons, they wouldn't have even considered changing the rules to allow a challenge of PI.

4 hours ago, slider said:

Wrong call, right team.😜

One thing I can say with certainty, if that call had happened to the Falcons, they wouldn't have even considered changing the rules to allow a challenge of PI.

Yeah yeah yeah 😏

And I wouldn’t be so sure about that considering y’all team president is the chairman of the same NFL Competition Committee that pushed the PI rule through in the first place. It just wouldn’t have been Payton spearheading the effort, although I doubt he wouldn’t have supported it.

8 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Yeah yeah yeah 😏

And I wouldn’t be so sure about that considering y’all team president is the chairman of the same NFL Competition Committee that pushed the PI rule through in the first place. It just wouldn’t have been Payton spearheading the effort, although I doubt he wouldn’t have supported it.

Good point, McKay should've been fired just for that! Seriously though, the league, being the brand marketers they are, tend to latch on to certain teams with certain stars that they want to promote and those teams appear to get preferential treatment and those stars get special protection on the field. Falcons fans see that with the Saints. We used to be in the same boat for 40 years or so but now you guys are treated like the Mayor and we're Otis the town drunk. We play like it now too. Getting to be real hard to clean up and figuratively stop the drinkin'.

51 minutes ago, Big_L said:

Falcon fans were on here roasting the Saints after the No Call.  Now, yall are sounding like Saints fans...

My problem with the 'no call' game was the total disregard of the number of calls and no calls that went the Saints way. Multiple delay of games went uncalled. At one point a Saints O lineman leapt up into the air and dropped with full body weight as if off the top rope onto a prone Ram defender after the whistle with Ref right there...no call. If it wasn't for the so called 'no call' at the end, that game would've been and embarrassment for the league because of the lack of calls on the Saints. All that was forgotten because of that one no call at the end.

1 hour ago, slider said:

My problem with the 'no call' game was the total disregard of the number of calls and no calls that went the Saints way. Multiple delay of games went uncalled. At one point a Saints O lineman leapt up into the air and dropped with full body weight as if off the top rope onto a prone Ram defender after the whistle with Ref right there...no call. If it wasn't for the so called 'no call' at the end, that game would've been and embarrassment for the league because of the lack of calls on the Saints. All that was forgotten because of that one no call at the end.

There were plenty of Ram penalties not called either.  However, that last one was blatant as ****, right in front of the refs.  I am willing to bet, when we play each other, the Saints have more penalties called against them AND, it will be a near season low for penalties called against the Falcons.

7 hours ago, slider said:

Good point, McKay should've been fired just for that! Seriously though, the league, being the brand marketers they are, tend to latch on to certain teams with certain stars that they want to promote and those teams appear to get preferential treatment and those stars get special protection on the field. Falcons fans see that with the Saints. We used to be in the same boat for 40 years or so but now you guys are treated like the Mayor and we're Otis the town drunk. We play like it now too. Getting to be real hard to clean up and figuratively stop the drinkin'.

LMAO, tell Arthur to clean house! 😂

And I understand what you mean about latching onto their marketable stars, ect., but anyone that’s watched more than a few Saints games can see that we aren’t one of them with how much they flag the **** out of us. It’s literally to the point where if it’s 3rd and long, teams can just throw it downfield and they WILL get a DPI called regardless of how little contact our DB’s have with the WR.

Through 6 games, we’ve been called for DPI 11 times already (granted some were more than warranted). The next highest total for a team with only 6 games played is Pittsburgh with 6. Through 7 games, Tampa Bay only has 6 DPI’s against them. On the opposite side the ball, our opponents have been flagged for DPI only 2 times this year. You want to know how many Brady’s beloved Buccaneers have received? 11. Pretty clear who the league is trying to steer to the division championship.

Furthermore, Brees rarely ever gets any roughing the passer calls despite being hit in the face, hit low, ect, quite often. Since the beginning of the 2018 season, Matt Ryan has gotten 14 roughing the passer penalties. Brees? 3.

Edited by Iron Saint
21 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

LMAO, tell Arthur to clean house! 😂

And I understand what you mean about latching onto their marketable stars, ect., but anyone that’s watched more than a few Saints games can see that we aren’t one of them with how much they flag the **** out of us. It’s literally to the point where if it’s 3rd and long, teams can just throw it downfield and they WILL get a DPI called regardless of how little contact our DB’s have with the WR.

Through 6 games, we’ve been called for DPI 11 times already (granted some were more than warranted). The next highest total for a team with only 6 games played is Pittsburgh with 6. Through 7 games, Tampa Bay only has 6 DPI’s against them. On the opposite side the ball, our opponents have been flagged for DPI only 2 times this year. You want to know how many Brady’s beloved Buccaneers have received? 11. Pretty clear who the league is trying to steer to the division championship.

Furthermore, Brees rarely ever gets any roughing the passer calls despite being hit in the face, hit low, ect, quite often. Since the beginning of the 2018 season, Matt Ryan has gotten 14 roughing the passer penalties. Brees? 3.

See, I would've said just the opposite about Brees and the roughing calls. I guess perception trumps reality. 

On 10/28/2020 at 3:39 PM, slider said:

See, I would've said just the opposite about Brees and the roughing calls. I guess perception trumps reality. 

It really can sometimes. I mean it helps that in previous years Brees was among the top QB’s in quick release so he was naturally getting hit less, but averaging 1 roughing the passer penalty per year over a 3 year span seems ridiculous.

Shoot, the Bills, Lions, Chargers, and Broncos QB’s already have 4 RTP penalties this year through Week 7.