Why did we get rid of Sark?

Sakisian is killing it with Alabama. Throwing up video game numbers. Why did we get rid of him? Can we get him back? Quick. Pay the man, bring him back. Falcons quick fix. Sarkisian OC. Ditch old man Koetter. Nose tackle, CB help, one more fast LB, and  a left tackle. Falcons arent jinked they just need upgrades in about 5 spots and a OC that understands football 2020 not football 2005. Keanu Neal washammering people yesterday, and there was a Folwer Jr. sighting so obviously Raheem got some sort of energy into this group.

We got rid of Sark because he wasn't putting up videogame numbers here.  While I think he was skapegoated a little, his offense was not too different than this season (or the past 3).  Great 20 to 20 but tons of points left on the field and inconsistent.  Sark did not do enough to keep the job though in hindsight we should have stuck with him over DK.  KS set the bar super high for him and both he and DK have been somewhat forced to run a system that was not theirs and arguably can't be run by anyone but KS.  

I didn't like Sark. I didn't want someone to learn another guy's offense which amounts to a wasted season. I wanted Lafleur. However, he was a lot better in his second season and actually was improving. I wanted him gone but only if there was an upgrade available (Kubiak). But they hire Koetter instead... which I really hated and we can see why.

I actually never critized Sark. I dont think he was given enough time. Koetter on the other hand is plain terrible. Obviously Falcons secondary and the need for a fat body nose tackle is priority number one, but OC is right behind those needs.  Koetter is a stubborn play caller and forces plays when they havent worked earlier in the game. Very choppy play caller and his desire to remain balanced makes him predictible.  

Edited by Refried Beans
32 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Because sooo many of the arm chair GMs wanted him gone.. are you saying they were wrong? You don’t say...

15 minutes ago, Clean house said:

“Video game numbers” is easy with all the talent they have there especially at the skill positions. He wouldn’t put up those numbers here. Stop 

Gage is talented, Ridley is talented, Julio is a no brainer, Hurst is talented, Falcons got some good young pieces in o-line, they just need to replace Matthews and Mack and they will be solid. Sark could run up big numbers if given time. 

2019 w/Koetter - points/yards better than Sark 2017, worse than Sark 2018, rushing yards down again:

image.thumb.png.93855a0ca06c3f7aec5e3e1b84870708.png

2020 w/Koetter - actually on pace for 421 points which would exceed Sark's 2017 & 2018, also on pace for 6416 total yards which also beats both Sark years:

image.thumb.png.0c9381189d1927e8190103b243ac39b5.png

But, I am not saying that Koetter is in any way a good OC, just better than Sark.

Edited by jlrfalcon
1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

Sakisian is killing it with Alabama. Throwing up video game numbers. Why did we get rid of him? Can we get him back? Quick. Pay the man, bring him back. Falcons quick fix. Sarkisian OC. Ditch old man Koetter. Nose tackle, CB help, one more fast LB, and  a left tackle. Falcons arent jinked they just need upgrades in about 5 spots and a OC that understands football 2020 not football 2005. Keanu Neal washammering people yesterday, and there was a Folwer Jr. sighting so obviously Raheem got some sort of energy into this group.

Sark was out of his league, literally.