When I was driving home from lunch today there was an older woman in a Cayman.  I was driving my wife's Subaru.  The Porsche was going 23 in a 35 zone so when the 2nd lane opened I went to the right and passed her, I'm not a below speed limit guy if I can help it.

I guess my point is we try to use physics to solve a philosophy problem. 

All of the moving parts have enough horsepower on their own to do the job better than average.  Everyone on the Falcons already is good enough to be signed to an NFL team position.  

I do think we should draft Ryan's eventual replacement but keep Ryan. It gives us some time to see if the guy can take over for Ryan. I know draft capital is important but so is getting the next franchise QB right. We're all hoping to end up with the next Herbert/Mahomes/Jackson but we could just as easily end up with the next Mayfield/Darnold/Trubisky/Winston.

Just now, KamiKazee27 said:

I do think we should draft Ryan's eventual replacement but keep Ryan. It gives us some time to see if the guy can take over for Ryan. I know draft capital is important but so is getting the next franchise QB right. We're all hoping to end up with the next Herbert/Mahomes/Jackson but we could just as easily end up with the next Mayfield/Darnold/Trubisky/Winston.

With the way our team has played even if we draft a stud it's unlikely they reach their full potential here. At least for now. So much will depend on what leadership we are able to bring in as far as front office and coaching. 

59 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

When we replace Ryan the odds whatever QB we draft will end up having a better career than Matt are slim to none. Even if we end up getting Trevor Lawrence. 

The bar isn't that high. Participate in 1 Superbowl win. Bingo...better career.  Say hello to Trent Dilfer!

EPA = Expected Points Added

sort of the football equivalent of baseball's WAR (Wins Above Replacement) 

"Expected Points Added (EPA) is a football statistic that seeks to measure the value of individual plays in terms of points. This is done by calculating the Expected Points (EP) of the down, distance, and field position situation at the start of a play and contrasting it with the situation at the end of the play."