Top 5 PFF grades on O & D from Lions games

Glad to see Ryan get the grade he deserved. I saw a lot of people ripping on him for the first couple 3 and outs. We had no one open on most of those plays which takes skill as a play caller. How do you design multiple plays with the talent we have against their secondary and no one gets open?

As good as Neal is against the run and short to intermediate throws, he's a liability when covering down field. It seems like we haven't had him do that as much as of late but to me it should not happen at all going forward. Hes strictly a box safety. As stated above having a solid FS would definitely help but even then he doesn't need to be dropping back into coverage. 

Its so frustrating to know that if we had a good OC, better LG play, and better runningback play that we would have a great offense. You can't tell me otherwise. If we could get those issues cleaned up this off season our offense is fine. Defense on the other hand needs another starting CB, FS, DE, DT to say the least. That may take more time to get resolved but its not like this team is so lost that its time to blow it up. Plenty of talented guys with just a few glaring weaknesses. 

If we were to blow it up I don't think anyone would be too upset about it. But I still believe we can turn it around as soon as next year with the proper leadership and drafting/signings/trades. No reason to be optimistic though!

1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

When are they going to rate coaching? :doh:

I really think someone or a group should start a business similar to pff for grading coaching and play calls. Maybe Vel, PMF, KOG, Ergo can team up for that. FfS1970 can create a PFF version for GMs. 

Not joking. I'm dead serious. Maybe we can pool capital together to get started. 

Walker looks to be the real deal. We have a ton of holes down the road to fill but LB is promising between Deion, Foye and Walker

Neal was definitely the star of the defense yesterday and it was refreshing to see him play more like the old Keanu. Curious to see what Terrell's grade was. He played great coverage most of the day. Anytime he was beat it was just a perfect throw and/or catch but Terrell would be all over them.

Don't understand the Gage rating one bit. He had that one crazy catch after coming back from injury but overall nothing that would have made me think he was the co-star on offense. Ryan played well outside of the 4th down underthrow and the fumble but again did not see an 89 rating type game.

3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Walker looks to be the real deal. We have a ton of holes down the road to fill but LB is promising between Deion, Foye and Walker

Neal was definitely the star of the defense yesterday and it was refreshing to see him play more like the old Keanu. Curious to see what Terrell's grade was. He played great coverage most of the day. Anytime he was beat it was just a perfect throw and/or catch but Terrell would be all over them.

Don't understand the Gage rating one bit. He had that one crazy catch after coming back from injury but overall nothing that would have made me think he was the co-star on offense. Ryan played well outside of the 4th down underthrow and the fumble but again did not see an 89 rating type game.

I get it, you are just a tough critic. High standards. 

5 hours ago, hjerry said:

There's a lot of talent on this roster. There are deficiencies, some of them large and glaring, but we should be able to be at least competitive.

Our coaching sucks

Well we actually are competitive considering 4 of our losses are by 1 score and 3 of them blown games late. The problem is turning “competitive” into actually winning. 

3 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Matty is a good enough QB.... Julio is great when he does not have turf toe or some other nigglin' injury.

Seems every one wants to teade Matty on a shiny new model.

Well i will leave it at this.... I bet Bill Belichick wishes he still had Brady around.

Julio is still great even with a turf toe. Don’t forget, he actually played throughout the 2017 playoffs and super bowl with a turf toe injury. 

10 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Matty is a good enough QB.... Julio is great when he does not have turf toe or some other nigglin' injury.

Seems every one wants to teade Matty on a shiny new model.

Well i will leave it at this.... I bet Bill Belichick wishes he still had Brady around.

Julio has performed well through injuries.

Most of us want to draft a QB in this year’s draft to EVENTUALLY replace Ryan. Not IMMEDIATELY. Ryan has 2 years left in his window.

Belichick wanted to move on from Brady, before Brady left. Garoppolo was the heir apparent and Belichick was forced to trade him by Kraft.