Future GM Shopping List: Zach Wilson x Travis Etienne

Jerz

On 10/26/2020 at 10:33 AM, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

If you thought this wasn’t the draft for QBs then you’re crazy. I was originally on the TLaw hype train but this baby faced QB out of BYU kept peaking my interest. It’s all but clear by now that we are not out-sucking the Jets pause..so we’ll see how their pick pans out.

Luckily there’s more to be had in a smaller package pause..🤧. Zach Wilson out of BYU is going to be a top 3 rated QB when April rolls around. But if you watch this kids feet, effortless release, and accuracy then you’ll understand why. Credit to @FalconsIn2012 for first putting me on.

Matt is here to stay for the next 2 years thats all but set in stone. The stars just happen to be aligning for the perfect passing of the torch to the next potential franchise QB. Who wouldn’t love for Matt to take a budding star under his wing and really attack the nuance of the QB position with years of experience to go off of?

What I like most about Wilson is the poise and elusiveness he displays in the pocket. He doesn’t just have talent flowing through his arm. If you watched that Seattle@Arizona game last night, Murray and Wilson showed you why having a QB with mobility is becoming a very coveted trait that scouts look for in this new age of offense. A true improvisor is in our grasp.

🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈

Etienne is just a no-brainer homerun do-it-all type of back. You have to reach like Mr. Fantastic to find a weakness in his game. You want to establish a culture of that “you can’t F’ing stop it” run it down your throat run game in Atlanta? You grab that man.

Shades of prime Gurley, Kamara and Rojo is what I get when I watch Etienne.

If we’re going for an offensive HC that has an offensive system to bring over I’d rather see if the DC is worth his salt before you start throwing valuable pieces at him. There are DC’s in this league that get good defensive play with half of their starters wiped out. Gotta see if he could put pieces we already have in the right position to succeed imo. This is a rebuild. Can’t fix things overnight like the previous FO has been trying to do these last 3 years.

Zach is surgical tonight.   Just barely missed a 65 yard TD ( 65 yards in air).  I charted his completions the last 4 games.  He throws deep downfield as good as anyone in recent memory

Zach Wilson Completions  last 4 games - Note, he also leads nation for QB rushing TD’s with 7

1. Texas State (19-25 completions): 11, 22, 16, 9, 10, 1 (TD), 26, 7, 33, 20, 6, 16, 11, -3, 6, 15, 3 (TD), 4, 25, 45 (TD),  30 (TD)

1. Houston (25-35 completions): 78 (TD), 15, 32, 35, 12, 3, 19, 13, 19, 9 (TD), 6, 15, 1, 6, 9, 18, 19, 37, 2 (TD), 10, 11, 13, 8 (TD), 9, 20, 18 (TD)

1. UTS (22-30 completions): 17, 35, 10 (TD), 19, 19, 7, 18, 5, 10, 6, 4 (TD), 17, 11 (TD), 7, 3, 1, 14, 52, 13, 10, 21

1. Louisiana Tech (24-26 completions): 18, 16, 9, 32, 9 (TD), 8, 1, 8, 24, 5, 11, 4, 22 (TD), 4, 8, 15, 22, 11, 13, 19, 22 (TD), 18, 23, 10, 5, 12, 21

1. WKU (Tonight 1st Quarter - 172 yards): 19, 6, 3, 38, 9, 9, 23 (TD), 12, -1, 42 (TD)

lol just tried my first attempt at ever making a mock draft. Don't know if is was from lack of sleep or pain meds kicking in ,but my trades went berserk ended up with 12 picks and this draft

30.Zach Wilson QB, BYU

36.Jayson Oweh  EDGE, Penn State

43.Najee Harris RB, Alabama

49.Marvin Wilson IDL, Florida State

56.Cameron McGroneLB, Michigan

68.Hamsah NasirildeenS, Florida State

93.Jaelan PhillipsEDGE, Miami

105.Caden Sterns S, Texas

112.Tre' McKitty TE, Georgia

113.Merlin Robertson LB, Arizona State

118.Seth Williams WR, Auburn

170.Jack Jones CB, Arizona State

12 minutes ago, RedandBlack4ever said:

lol just tried my first attempt at ever making a mock draft. Don't know if is was from lack of sleep or pain meds kicking in ,but my trades went berserk ended up with 12 picks and this draft

30.Zach Wilson QB, BYU

36.Jayson Oweh  EDGE, Penn State

43.Najee Harris RB, Alabama

49.Marvin Wilson IDL, Florida State

56.Cameron McGroneLB, Michigan

68.Hamsah NasirildeenS, Florida State

93.Jaelan PhillipsEDGE, Miami

105.Caden Sterns S, Texas

112.Tre' McKitty TE, Georgia

113.Merlin Robertson LB, Arizona State

118.Seth Williams WR, Auburn

170.Jack Jones CB, Arizona State

Oweh can be a complete stud.  Just a freak athlete.  Love  McGroonel , Wilson, Najee & the FSU safety with huge name.  Stearns is solid, too.

Love the players you have your eye on.  Most are on my list of guys I would love in FB

keep your eye on FSU’s Temerrion Terry.   He will be special

On 10/26/2020 at 7:22 PM, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Just give me Justin Fields and then draft all defense after that. Let Fields sit behind Ryan in '21. Sign all defensive players in FA. Hire Bienemy for HC and Mike Borgonzi GM.

if fields has to sit behind someone a year, he'll whine and cry and put himself in the transfer portal....

:ninja:

On 10/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Would put quite the stamp on our team for a new GM to take Lawrence in the first and Etienne in the second

Falcons are about to be out of contention to draft Lawrence.

Jets are the worst team in football and the Falcons will win a few more games before season's end.