5 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

I only got to see highlights of the game because I had to work. I'm seeing a lot of talk on the boards about coaching and players not stepping up but from watching the highlights it looked like the refs shafted us on some critical plays. Were the refs as bad as it looked in the highlights?

They were just atrocious, but the Birds should have won in spite of that

We just played the 2nd weakest team of our season so far.  Every stat was nearly identical for DET and us.  remarkably equal game.  So yes, the refs blew a call here or there but we could have kneed it for a chip FG and sealed the game.  That's one thing.  No, not against touchdowns.  But we follow the TD with 1 minute and full field and just too tired to cover the deep balls.  Staff has a good arm.  If we watched film our secondary would know that. 

Oh, secondary.  Never mind.  

Refs blow calls in every game.  Score enough that it doesn't matter.  And clamp on D when it counts.  

In my dumb opinion we can't blame the refs for the O and the D not doing their jobs.  That's like blaming a PK for missing a 50 yard field goal.  The W was in hand on O and on D and we didn't finish the last 2 minutes of the game to secure the W.  Both ways we blew it after the 2 minute warning.

I'm not defending the refs, I think they have too much control.  But the refs are not why we lost.

2 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

We just played the 2nd weakest team of our season so far.  Every stat was nearly identical for DET and us.  remarkably equal game.  So yes, the refs blew a call here or there but we could have kneed it for a chip FG and sealed the game.  That's one thing.  No, not against touchdowns.  But we follow the TD with 1 minute and full field and just too tired to cover the deep balls.  Staff has a good arm.  If we watched film our secondary would know that. 

Refs blow calls in every game.  Score enough that it doesn't matter.  And clamp on D when it counts.  

In my dumb opinion we can't blame the refs for the O and the D not doing their jobs.  That's like blaming a PK for missing a 50 yard field goal.  The W was in hand on O and on D and we didn't finish the last 2 minutes of the game to secure the W.  Both ways we blew it after the 2 minute warning.

I'm not defending the refs, I think they have too much control.  But the refs are not why we lost.

Had the refs actually stuck with the flag thrown on the field when lions rb was not set with 4 seconds to go and they snapped the ball, they would have enforced the 10 second run off rule and we pick up our 2nd win. Instead they provide zero explanation for not calling the penalty and review the previous play before the snap and spike and allows the lions to run their next play. Pretty much ignoring the snap and spike which was flagged.....

As much as we want to blame coaching, Gurley or other lack of player execution, the officiating played the biggest role in this loss. The bad play calls, missed blocks, badly timed td by Gurley and defensive break downs still kept us in winning positions. The non calls and ignored flag on their last drive gave the lions a W. 

2 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

I agree the refs were not the reason we lost the game, but it just made an already shltty experience for Falcon fans even worse because of the amateurish mixture of bias and incompetence.

This performance by the refs was a serious blow to the leagues tenuous illusion of fairness and competitive professionalism.

8 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I agree the refs were not the reason we lost the game, but it just made an already shltty experience for Falcon fans even worse because of the amateurish mixture of bias and incompetence.

This performance by the refs was a serious blow to the leagues tenuous illusion of fairness and competitive professionalism.

Not sticking up for the officials at all. In fact, just the opposite. It’s a short task to see corruption in the league and other sports and even more so in NCAA D1.  There should be accountability, no doubt. If the refs were impartial the Saints would have been in the Super Bowl 2 years ago. 

And how many times did ATL and every other squad take a Roughing call for looking at Brady in a mean way?  Pointing out that refs are also fans. On the college level Baylor is still covertly paying for their scandals but Ohio State, with the same scandal, is not. Officiating has never not been corrupt. OK?  Same page?

But the refs didn’t poke holes in our secondary. The refs didn’t rush to stop the clock. The refs didn’t keep their hands off the passer. We had every chance to win yesterday but we didn’t because we failed in 22 positions. 

39 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I don't even know what I watch anything anymore brother....

All I know is that call on AJ was some bullcrap.

I thought the call on AJ was serious ish as well... but the Ref in the booth had a decent point that AJ did aim high and left his feet in a launching manner. Despite all that, he still led with his shoulder and did not make direct contact with the head/neck area which is why I feel it was a bogus call.

12 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

I only got to see highlights of the game because I had to work. I'm seeing a lot of talk on the boards about coaching and players not stepping up but from watching the highlights it looked like the refs shafted us on some critical plays. Were the refs as bad as it looked in the highlights?

Refs were trying to get the lions to win.. pretty terrible even the announcers were confused 

20 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Truth be told....I am still not convinced that the catch down the field that set up the go-ahead TD was even a catch.

It looked like he trapped it and there was some clear movement.

Agree, amazingly they showed like two angles and that's it. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot