Once again, Buddha Baker showing anyone who will watch what good safety play looks like

7 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Wanted us to select him the year of his draft. It would have been a reach at our spot in the first. So I wouldn’t have pulled the trigger at that point if I were the GM. He went early second round. Hoped he would last until our 2nd pick. 

Reach is such a bad word. If we get him and he balls out who cares where he was projected?

4 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Reach is such a bad word. If we get him and he balls out who cares where he was projected?

I agree. I think the word reach needs to be redefined. I use it as a way to express that the consensus that a player goes higher than expected. I expected him to go mid 2nd round that year. I would have waited because I thought we could have gotten him later. 

18 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

He's fun to watch.  

What's it called?  Safety?  Just the name is comforting.

Safety.  I like it.  

I remember days past when Bob Glazebrook, Tom Pridemore, Brian Jordan, Scott Case and Willie Mo (pre-injury) struck terror into receivers   They made plays. I miss those guys. 

4 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I remember days past when Bob Glazebrook, Tom Pridemore, Brian Jordan, Scott Case and Willie Mo (pre-injury) struck terror into receivers   They made plays. I miss those guys. 

Yeah!  

I love a good safety.  Baker.  And I really like Mathieu too.  A guy can dream.

2 hours ago, Norwood all the way! said:

Similar play. INT around/in end zone. This play still amazes me. Julio doesn't even turn it on until much after the INT

https://youtu.be/e-KYDRukAhA

Julio is almost as good at defense as Roddy White.  Matt throws a pick, and Roddy runs it down and forces the fumble. Falcons ended up winning by 2. Play is around 2:10 in. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/falcons-49ers-nfl-network-highlights-4849207

4 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I agree completely. I’m much more concerned what people say 1-3 years AFTER the pick than I am with what they say the NIGHT OF the pick. 

Of course but I think the point is it's pretty easy to do that in hindsight, infinitely harder to do in reality. And who is to say how he would have turned out in this toxic fire dump of a team anyway? 

4 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Of course but I think the point is it's pretty easy to do that in hindsight, infinitely harder to do in reality. And who is to say how he would have turned out in this toxic fire dump of a team anyway? 

Yep, the situation a player is in can change everything. A player is not necessarily a plug and play performer on every team or scheme. 

This is proven every year with trades and free agents, when they either don’t live up to the hype after changing teams or players that struggled at one place excel in their new spot.

Are we going to do this with every single player we didn't draft that plays well on tv?

Donald, Watt, Baker, every team without them wishes they had drafted them. A few years ago a bunch of people here said the same thing about Gurley. Now, what are they saying? I'm sure plenty of fans which they had Grady. I'm sorry, good players on other teams exist.

With all that is on the field to be miserable about, why do we keep inventing new things?