ONLY IN ATLANTA WILL THEY THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS FOR A TOUCHDOWN!

23 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm going to blame it on coaching. Gurley should have never gotten the ball. We should've had Ice take a knee several times and kick the game winner with no time on the clock.  Handing was risking a fumble as well. You do not get dumber than this team.

I agree with that for sure. It still boggles my mind they didn't just kneel.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THis is pathetic!  Gurley Did his job.  The Defense did not do theirs! Period! How is everybody on the Gurley Pile on and NOBODY talking about the Crappy D! Since when is an offensive p

Defense has to do their job.

I was more surprised by Gurley trying NOT to score than his SUPPOSEDLY mistake by scoring. If any coach or fan thinks otherwise, they are being ignorant. The Falcons were BEHIND.  The Falcons hadn't p

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, fuego said:

I agree with that for sure. It still boggles my mind they didn't just kneel.

That's the thing.....How can you put it on Gurley when kneeling would be the thing if you really wanted to run clock.

They scored.....which means they wanted to score.

Sure, they scored too quick but score they did then converted for two points!

They did what they were supposed to do............THEN........

They Defense implodes and everybody is all over Gurley.

If I were Gurley, I would be mad as **** too!!!!!!!

Did my job....now you put the loss on me because the defense was way too sorry to stop the Lions for ONE MINUTE!  ONE MINUTE!

Too frustrating to measure but to put any of that on Gurley is just folly at best.

This one is on Raheem for that stupid PREVENT Defense that only prevented a win!

Edited by lostnmexico
1 hour ago, lostnmexico said:

That's the thing.....How can you put it on Gurley when kneeling would be the thing if you really wanted to run clock.

Did my job....now you put the loss on me because the defense was way too sorry to stop the Lions for ONE MINUTE!  ONE MINUTE!

Too frustrating to measure but to put any of that on Gurley is just folly at best.

This one is on Raheem for that stupid PREVENT Defense that only prevented a win!

It was his job to take it to the 1 and give himself up. Otherwise he would have walked into the end zone like normal instead of trying to stop himself and belly flop on the goal line. He knew he wasn't supposed to score. 

13 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Honestly with the way they was playing that specific game i can't agree with that.  Im not saying the defense were world beaters but overall up til that point i thought they did pretty well keeping Detroit out of the endzone.

I have fallen into that same trap, so I can't blame you, but having ANY kind of faith about the Falcon's defense is folly.

14 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Gurley should take about 90% of the blame

Coaching should take 100% of the blame

Defense should take 95% of the blame

sure my math makes no sense, but neither does this team.

Not even that much on Gurley. If you give the ball to your RB you want him to score. ****, the entire game the commentators were talking about how Gurley's natural instinct is to get into the endzone. You couldn't have written it any better. 

Gurley does share blame, but we didn't lose because of that play. 

Any time you can take the lead while also denying the opposition a chance to answer, you take that option. Could Koo have missed? Yep. Could it have been blocked? Also yep. But if you're gonna lose, thats the way to do it. You cannot put one of the worst (maybe the worst) pass defenses back out on the field. Not if you can help it. 

The other side of the coin is that the defense shouldn't be that bad. It can't be that bad. It's upsetting they are that bad. They need to step up, and not allow ridiculous gains in a short amount of time. Especially when they know exactly what's coming.

If we're assigning blame on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most blame, Gurley gets a 3. Maybe 4 if you're particularly pessimistic.

15 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

No one is putting this loss on Gurley.  Everyone is collectively dumbfounded that we did not just take a knee and go for the FG

On 10/27/2020 at 11:49 AM, etherdome said:

No one is putting this loss on Gurley.  Everyone is collectively dumbfounded that we did not just take a knee and go for the FG

It certainly seems like everyone is talking about how Gurley should not have scored.....How about the defense should not have collapsed with one minute to go?!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

It certainly seems like everyone is talking about how Gurley should not have scored.....How about the defense should not have collapsed with one minute to go?!!!!!!!

He was told not to score. Repeatedly. Just pick up the first down so we can run the clock down to a few seconds then kick the FG. That being said our Defense should have bailed us out, and they failed too

1 hour ago, Mr.Blank said:

He was told not to score. Repeatedly. Just pick up the first down so we can run the clock down to a few seconds then kick the FG. That being said our Defense should have bailed us out, and they failed too

The problem with blaming Gurley is that the Falcons had just gotten the 1st down the play before and the Lions had no more timeouts left and there was less than 90 seconds left in the game. Gurley should have never touched the ball. A kneel was the only correct call. Any other call was wrong.

48 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The problem with blaming Gurley is that the Falcons had just gotten the 1st down the play before and the Lions had no more timeouts left and there was less than 90 seconds left in the game. Gurley should have never touched the ball. A kneel was the only correct call. Any other call was wrong.

Ah, I thought it wasn't first down when they did that. Regardless, we didn't kneel so Raheem ****** up, Gurley still ****** up by going in the endzone. Defense ****** up by letting them score. There's enough blame to go around for everyone.

On 10/25/2020 at 8:28 PM, Faithful Falcon said:

What if Gurley would have, and we still missed the FG? 

Obviously it would be Gurley's fault for not scoring when he had the chance.  Gurley may have ****** up but we did not lose this game because of Gurley.  Another person mentioned it but is it Gurley's fault we went for it on 4th instead of taking points?  Was it Gurley's fault the DEF couldn't make a play on the last drive?  

I'm just really surprised many aren't somehow putting this loss in M Ryan's hands, lol

15 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

A43B275F-CAED-4ACF-B313-B5CB53B6EA14.jpeg.691b2bd0886e406d0561d9efdbf6e7fb.jpeg

1CqgC1h_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&