ONLY IN ATLANTA WILL THEY THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS FOR A TOUCHDOWN!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THis is pathetic!  Gurley Did his job.  The Defense did not do theirs! Period! How is everybody on the Gurley Pile on and NOBODY talking about the Crappy D! Since when is an offensive p

Defense has to do their job.

I was more surprised by Gurley trying NOT to score than his SUPPOSEDLY mistake by scoring. If any coach or fan thinks otherwise, they are being ignorant. The Falcons were BEHIND.  The Falcons hadn't p

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Precyse said:

Should have been conservative in the SuperBowl. Might have won. Or against Seattle week 1 instead of going like 0-4 on 4th down. Might be a different season if we kick field goals those games. 

We also should have been better on defense. I've seen so much happen over the years with this team, both under Smitty and Quinn. For instance. When we beat Seattle in the Divisional Round for Matt's first Playoff Win. Pete Carroll made so many questionable decisions in that game. We were up 20 - 0 at halftime. They had so many chances to score during that time. They came back, and took the lead. Only to get beat by one of Ryan's many 4th Qtr Comebacks. Bottom line:  there's never one particular thing that causes us to be successful. You can't put a band-aid on a broken leg, and expect it to heal.

There is no way a defense should allow a team to go that many yards with no timeouts and only 64 seconds at the end of the game. That is unacceptable regardless of what Gurley was told or not. Looking at the replay, he was in a difficult situation to be able to stop and kneel down, if that was the strategy then just have Ryan take a knee and not risk a fumble. Just not smart coaching putting players in bad spots, of course players have to make plays and they will make mistakes but when the coaching staff makes foolish decision, then you are really in a hole. 

BTW... Gurley might be ok... but IMHO... he is not the guy to take us to a superbowl.  Unless something miraculous happens with the rest of the team to diminish his shortcomings.

Like a major tweak to the offense.  Lord knows our defense is not playoff worthy.

An accidental stumble into the playoffs does not mean we win them.  At this point our strategy is hope the other team slips on a banana peel.

🤣👍

15 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Still don't think him stopping on the 1 was a good idea so im glad he scored.  To me you ALWAYS take the points unless you are already winning and only need to run the clock out and can do it with kneels.  Their is never a guarantee a botched snap or missed FG can't happen. 

Far less likely to happen than our defense giving up a game winning touchdown. Our defense is blows.

14 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

It's like the people complaining about going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. If the Falcons kick the FG there and the Lions score a TD and the Falcons lose 23-17 then everyone would have been *****ing about the Falcons playing to lose the game by kicking too many field goals. They had the right play called. Ryan makes a better throw and it's a TD and we're not even having this conversation about the end of the game.

As a HC, it is your job to make the right decisions. In that situation, the right decision was to kick the FG, no matter what Monday Morning QB's would say afterwards.

5 hours ago, falcon22 said:

There is no way a defense should allow a team to go that many yards with no timeouts and only 64 seconds at the end of the game. That is unacceptable regardless of what Gurley was told or not. Looking at the replay, he was in a difficult situation to be able to stop and kneel down, if that was the strategy then just have Ryan take a knee and not risk a fumble. Just not smart coaching putting players in bad spots, of course players have to make plays and they will make mistakes but when the coaching staff makes foolish decision, then you are really in a hole. 

Yep, do not a risk a handoff. When we got the previous 1st down I thought we would see the kneel downs, I was shocked when they were handing the ball off. 

At some point in some of these games.

You must play defense when it matters....

You guys love to blame the **** offense no matter what player or coach you throw under the bus week to week. Really looking forward to the Never Ryaners good write ups on how its Matt's fault too.

Let’s go TDW, I know you can find a way to spin it

Inquiring minds want to know now Ryan could have done it better and it’s his fault too.

To further emphasize the failure of the defense, at no time in the final drive with no timeouts did Detroit get out of bounds to stop the clock.

Comebacks take on many personalities, but usually there is at least one play that goes out of bounds to stop the clock. If not, then usually you cant point to a penalty along the way that stopped the clock... neither team had a penalty til there was no time left.

Maybe we shouldve just onside kick and let Koo and Oluokun work their mojo after the Gurley touchdown.

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, I feel bad for Gurley. I mean he realized it a half second too late. Coming to Atlanta just does this to players where it rubs off.  We need to exorcise our curse and be done with it. 

They get it by osmosis.

So how does Gurley realize it a second too late? Isn't what he needs to do already established before he gets the ball? How do you 'realize it' at the last second when that should have already been on your mind and what you were going to do? Go to the 1 and fall down.

7 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Far less likely to happen than our defense giving up a game winning touchdown. Our defense is blows.

Honestly with the way they was playing that specific game i can't agree with that.  Im not saying the defense were world beaters but overall up til that point i thought they did pretty well keeping Detroit out of the endzone.

1 hour ago, fuego said:

They get it by osmosis.

So how does Gurley realize it a second too late? Isn't what he needs to do already established before he gets the ball? How do you 'realize it' at the last second when that should have already been on your mind and what you were going to do? Go to the 1 and fall down.

I'm going to blame it on coaching. Gurley should have never gotten the ball. We should've had Ice take a knee several times and kick the game winner with no time on the clock.  Handing was risking a fumble as well. You do not get dumber than this team.