ONLY IN ATLANTA WILL THEY THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS FOR A TOUCHDOWN!

1 minute ago, Cornflake10 said:

Typical Falcon fan moron. 

Needless to say im not getting into name calling as you are beneath me to do so.  But i suggest you refrain from continuing to do so to other members as our quality mods will for sure direct you to the ban hammer if you violate those rules they seem to uphold quite often lol.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THis is pathetic!  Gurley Did his job.  The Defense did not do theirs! Period! How is everybody on the Gurley Pile on and NOBODY talking about the Crappy D! Since when is an offensive p

Defense has to do their job.

I was more surprised by Gurley trying NOT to score than his SUPPOSEDLY mistake by scoring. If any coach or fan thinks otherwise, they are being ignorant. The Falcons were BEHIND.  The Falcons hadn't p

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Defense definitely do their job. That still doesn't explain Raheem Morris' point on wanting the ball at the 1. We were already inside the 10. That's a near automatic field goal. Why are we running the ball? Did they not watch the Penn State/Indiana game?

Because you want a chance at punching it in with less time on the clock. Younghoe Koo has missed FGs, Gurley hasn’t lost a fumble yet 🤷🏿‍♂️

1 minute ago, Wjcorner said:

Because you want a chance at punching it in with less time on the clock. Younghoe Koo has missed FGs, Gurley hasn’t lost a fumble yet 🤷🏿‍♂️

Feels like getting the calculus textbook out to solve 2+2.

Also, Gurley actually did fumble on the previous play, he was just lucky enough to recover it. Koo hasn't missed a 20 yard FG before.

Just now, Wjcorner said:

That man was pretty **** close to doing just that this game though on that 1 play.  It for sure came out with him laying face down he lucked into it being right near his head though in getting it back.

1 minute ago, Wjcorner said:

Todd Gurley actually fumbled on the play he got the 1st down on. He was lucky to recover that.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

Todd Gurley actually fumbled on the play he got the 1st down on. He was lucky to recover that.

Yup and who's to say he wouldn't have fumbled again, or had a botched snap on any of the next few runs/kneels, or a botched snap on the FG or a missed FG.  Im with you on these things that theirs to many things that can still go wrong in those situations.   I would LOVE to see what was said by these same people complaining we didn't go down at the 1 if we did falcon things up on 1 of those blunders trying to run the clock down instead of taking the points.  They would be *****ing and whining that we did the most Falcon thing possible in not taking the sure win and the points when it was there while giving the game away on the next few plays.

5 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Yup and who's to say he wouldn't have fumbled again, or had a botched snap on any of the next few runs/kneels, or a botched snap on the FG or a missed FG.  Im with you on these things that theirs to many things that can still go wrong in those situations.   I would LOVE to see what was said by these same people complaining we didn't go down at the 1 if we did falcon things up on 1 of those blunders trying to run the clock down instead of taking the points.  They would be *****ing and whining that we did the most Falcon thing possible in not taking the sure win and the points when it was there while giving the game away on the next few plays.

It's like the people complaining about going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. If the Falcons kick the FG there and the Lions score a TD and the Falcons lose 23-17 then everyone would have been *****ing about the Falcons playing to lose the game by kicking too many field goals. They had the right play called. Ryan makes a better throw and it's a TD and we're not even having this conversation about the end of the game.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

It's like the people complaining about going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. If the Falcons kick the FG there and the Lions score a TD and the Falcons lose 23-17 then everyone would have been *****ing about the Falcons playing to lose the game by kicking too many field goals. They had the right play called. Ryan makes a better throw and it's a TD and we're not even having this conversation about the end of the game.

Yes sir you know whats up and im gonna admit i think the FG was the best choice there but i understood why they gave it a chance with the way the offense was moving at the time.   **** even on the throw and play im not mad at Ryan or the Playcall.  Ryan made a pretty good throw it would have been right on target. Im going to give Flowers more credit than being mad at our players.  The fact Flowers was not rushing the passer and i think was actually on a WR for some crazy reason and still broke off a block a bit to make that jumping play is very impressive on his part imo.  Kudos to him for sniffing out a TD and putting in the effort to stop that play.  If not for him clutching that for them thats a easy TD.

Preventing the other team from scoring is NOT just on the defense. There is this little thing called running the clock out. A great offense can be a 2nd defense simply by taking away precious time and delaying the other offense to get on the field in the first place. It also allows your defense to rest.

People talk about how bad the D has been all these years. they ignore how it's not just a lack of points the offense scores in the 2nd half of games, but also - and more importantly, it's the lack of sustained drives. Lot's of 3 and outs. You will exhaust your D with that. 

No defense will do well if they are exhausted.

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Defense has to do their job.

Exactly and why are people talking like Gurley scored on purpose? He CLEARLY tried to stop and was carried forward by his momentum. It was a mistake. The real issue is the defense not being able top get stops. They had bright spots but its more than obvious this entire staff and a lot of these player need to be off of this team next season.  The only defensive players I'd keep are Grady, Terrell, Neal, Debo and Fowler. The rest can be scrubbed and improved upon.  If we had competent coaching our offense would be more than enough for a decent defense to help us maintain leads. 

2 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

Gurley’s dumb*** should of fell right when he got touched by the first guy but we have the unclutchest defense in all of sports I think the only time the defense made a clutch play at the end of a game to win was when Debo got that pick on brees in the endzone thats the only one I remember 

Debo OT pick last year to end the season 

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

We were 1-5. We ain't winning s***, and that conservative ball has not worked for us over the past 12 years.

Should have been conservative in the SuperBowl. Might have won. Or against Seattle week 1 instead of going like 0-4 on 4th down. Might be a different season if we kick field goals those games. 

1 hour ago, TheRisen999 said:

Exactly and why are people talking like Gurley scored on purpose? He CLEARLY tried to stop and was carried forward by his momentum. It was a mistake. The real issue is the defense not being able top get stops. They had bright spots but its more than obvious this entire staff and a lot of these player need to be off of this team next season.  The only defensive players I'd keep are Grady, Terrell, Neal, Debo and Fowler. The rest can be scrubbed and improved upon.  If we had competent coaching our offense would be more than enough for a decent defense to help us maintain leads. 

Because people need a scapegoat 

4 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

Gurley’s dumb*** should of fell right when he got touched by the first guy but we have the unclutchest defense in all of sports I think the only time the defense made a clutch play at the end of a game to win was when Debo got that pick on brees in the endzone thats the only one I remember 

Gurley isn't dumb, he is playing for probably his last pay day. When teams look back on the season they won't give a **** about this one play, they'll look at the fact he is amongst the leader in TDs on a terrible team. Just take a knee. 

4 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Feels like getting the calculus textbook out to solve 2+2.

Also, Gurley actually did fumble on the previous play, he was just lucky enough to recover it. Koo hasn't missed a 20 yard FG before.

That’s why I said lost a fumble 🙃

4 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

That man was pretty **** close to doing just that this game though on that 1 play.  It for sure came out with him laying face down he lucked into it being right near his head though in getting it back.

Think it’s easier to tell a ball carrier squeeze the ball than it is to tell a kicker make the FG