Jump to content

ONLY IN ATLANTA WILL THEY THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS FOR A TOUCHDOWN!


Recommended Posts

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

We were 1-5. We ain't winning s***, and that conservative ball has not worked for us over the past 12 years.

This is simple war of attrition. A Mike Smith team doesn't lose that game. He would've had his team on point; taking points and wearing the clock out so the Lions couldn't be last with the ball with THAT much time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THis is pathetic!  Gurley Did his job.  The Defense did not do theirs! Period! How is everybody on the Gurley Pile on and NOBODY talking about the Crappy D! Since when is an offensive p

Defense has to do their job.

I was more surprised by Gurley trying NOT to score than his SUPPOSEDLY mistake by scoring. If any coach or fan thinks otherwise, they are being ignorant. The Falcons were BEHIND.  The Falcons hadn't p

Posted Images

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

What I don't understand is why did they need the ball at the 1? The ball was already at the 7 or 8 or whatever. Why does it have to be at the 1?

In a scenario of running and not kneeling. "They aren't tackling me" need to fall down at the one and play the clock. That is what everyone knows should have happened BECAUSE of how bad the defense is. They messed it up and defense had a chance to vindicate themselves. They didn't. As usual. But only offense exists in Atlanta.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

In a scenario of running and not kneeling. "They aren't tackling me" need to fall down at the one and play the clock. That is what everyone knows should have happened BECAUSE of how bad the defense is. They messed it up and defense had a chance to vindicate themselves. They didn't. As usual. But only offense exists in Atlanta.

Defense definitely do their job. That still doesn't explain Raheem Morris' point on wanting the ball at the 1. We were already inside the 10. That's a near automatic field goal. Why are we running the ball? Did they not watch the Penn State/Indiana game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

Defense definitely do their job. That still doesn't explain Raheem Morris' point on wanting the ball at the 1. We were already inside the 10. That's a near automatic field goal. Why are we running the ball? Did they not watch the Penn State/Indiana game?

Like I said, "fall at the 1 yard line" IF they kept running the ball.

Of course they could have just kneeled 3 times lol

It's SB51 all over. It shows how inept they are.

Of course, that SHOULD have been kneeling to just run out the clock and with a lead but...here we are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lostnmexico said:

THis is pathetic!  Gurley Did his job.  The Defense did not do theirs!

Period!

How is everybody on the Gurley Pile on and NOBODY talking about the Crappy D!

Since when is an offensive player responsible for allowing a team to come back!

Toxic Culture!  Toxic Environment!

Blow It All Up!

Yeah I’ve been saying the same thing for all the people asking why gurley got the TD. He did his job, defense and coaching did not. No excuse!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This is simple war of attrition. A Mike Smith team doesn't lose that game. He would've had his team on point; taking points and wearing the clock out so the Lions couldn't be last with the ball with THAT much time.

Gurley tried to go down, but was too close to the line. That didn't lose the game for us. Detroit went 75 yards with no timeouts, and score a TD. On the long pass play, our players are so dumb, because they were motioning to the refs that he didn't catch the ball. If they would have just treated it like a catch, the clock would have ran out. We didn't lose the game for none of these reasons though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"We were trying to get to the 1," Morris said. "We were trying to get down to the 1 and stop, get down right there."

Why do you need to get to the 1? You have so little confidence in Koo that you think 5 yards is gonna make a difference that close? If you were going from a 50 yard FG to a 45 yard one which could make a difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they wanted Gurley to take a knee they probably should have just let Matt do it. I hate this team sometimes. lol

Only the Falcons could have coaches, offense, and defense all lose the game in different ways to end a game. Don't get the TD and we win. Don't allow a TD and we win. Getting tired of the least likely outcome always coming true for us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Gurley didn't do what was asked but when you just took a lead and about to kick the ball back to the opposing team with less than 70 sec left and 0 timeouts, you're supposed to be able to rely on the D to get the job done. Up to that point Detroit had gone 7 straight possessions without getting into the endzone ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

If they wanted Gurley to take a knee they probably should have just let Matt do it. I hate this team sometimes. lol

Only the Falcons could have coaches, offense, and defense all lose the game in different ways to end a game. Don't get the TD and we win. Don't allow a TD and we win. Getting tired of the least likely outcome always coming true for us. 

Yep. That’s the problem right there. We come out trying to play AGAINST our own “understanding” of optimal strategy.

If that was the plan Gurley never comes close to an obvious TD. Kneel it 3 times. Win the game. If you miss the kick, it’s because you didn’t take the 3 earlier and give Koo 2 shots like Prater got but at least the game was relying on you and not “also” you but...the thing we claim is a defense and doesn’t give them the ball back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Still don't think him stopping on the 1 was a good idea so im glad he scored.  To me you ALWAYS take the points unless you are already winning and only need to run the clock out and can do it with kneels.  Their is never a guarantee a botched snap or missed FG can't happen. 

Typical Falcon fan moron. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

Yeah Gurley didn't do what was asked but when you just took a lead and about to kick the ball back to the opposing team with less than 70 sec left and 0 timeouts, you're supposed to be able to rely on the D to get the job done. Up to that point Detroit had gone 7 straight possessions without getting into the endzone ...

Truth.

When is the last time our defense closed out a game with it on the line?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

Yeah Gurley didn't do what was asked but when you just took a lead and about to kick the ball back to the opposing team with less than 70 sec left and 0 timeouts, you're supposed to be able to rely on the D to get the job done. Up to that point Detroit had gone 7 straight possessions without getting into the endzone ...

As a coach you have to know you can't rely on our secondary right now. They're bad. We know they're bad, the other team knows they're bad, everybody who watches football knows they're bad. Hard to rag on the defense for being what we know they are when they didn't need to see the field again. 

Though, our playcalls were rubbish too. Like you said they'd held up okay all game. Suddenly we start playing it safe and it's an easy jog down the field. That's also not the defenses fault.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...