ONLY IN ATLANTA WILL THEY THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS FOR A TOUCHDOWN!

THis is pathetic!  Gurley Did his job.  The Defense did not do theirs!

Period!

How is everybody on the Gurley Pile on and NOBODY talking about the Crappy D!

Since when is an offensive player responsible for allowing a team to come back!

Toxic Culture!  Toxic Environment!

Blow It All Up!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THis is pathetic!  Gurley Did his job.  The Defense did not do theirs! Period! How is everybody on the Gurley Pile on and NOBODY talking about the Crappy D! Since when is an offensive p

Defense has to do their job.

I was more surprised by Gurley trying NOT to score than his SUPPOSEDLY mistake by scoring. If any coach or fan thinks otherwise, they are being ignorant. The Falcons were BEHIND.  The Falcons hadn't p

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Period!

Blow It All Up!

I was more surprised by Gurley trying NOT to score than his SUPPOSEDLY mistake by scoring. If any coach or fan thinks otherwise, they are being ignorant. The Falcons were BEHIND.  The Falcons hadn't pushed the Lions off the ball the entire game. A field goal is not guaranteed. You TAKE the points.

The Falcons lost the game by NOT taking the points earlier when they went for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal.  Either Quinn is calling this game from somewhere deep in the stadium or his game mismanagement skills have rubbed off on Raheem...

But even running the ball at all was stupid. Could have fumbled, Detroit could have ripped the ball out. Tell Matt to take a knee. Clock continues to run. Then spike the ball with 3 seconds left. Kick FG. 

Nothing is guaranteed but I'd rather attempt a chip shot FG for the win rather than relying on the D to stop M Stafford.

Edited by chriscc17
1 hour ago, lostnmexico said:

Period!

Blow It All Up!

Its not Gurley Responsability, the guy is playing well, one of the best on the team.  The play Call its trash.   Take a knee and win the game, it basic fotball.   This is in Rasheem Morris, is a trash Call to want the ball in the one yard line, for what...... 

43 minutes ago, Rings said:

I agree the defense is also to blame,  it when you know your defense isn’t good, you need to protect them as well.  Coaching tried to do that, Gurley tried as well but stumbled and fell into the end zone.  Is what it is.  Pointing fingers is pointless at this point.  

Why run at all? Why not just take a knee? Then you don't have any concerns.

Nice of him to throw Gurley under the bus though.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

What if Gurley would have, and we still missed the FG? 

This is why the root problem was not making the Lions play TD or bust sooner...we left 3 points on the field earlier on that 4th and 5. You take the 4 point lead and try to make them start playing for TDs sooner.

6 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

Gurley’s dumb*** should of fell right when he got touched by the first guy but we have the unclutchest defense in all of sports I think the only time the defense made a clutch play at the end of a game to win was when Debo got that pick on brees in the endzone thats the only one I remember 

Four rushing the QB wasnt the best plan either. Rush at least 5 and you still drop 6 back.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This is why the root problem was not making the Lions play TD or bust sooner...we left 3 points on the field earlier on that 4th and 5. You take the 4 point lead and try to make them start playing for TDs sooner.

That's hindsight as well. We could have kicked a FG, and Detroit could have scored a TD. I think it was a smart call, Matt just messed up on the throw. I've been raising h3ll about settling for FGs, so being aggressive was good for me.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

That's hindsight as well. We could have kicked a FG, and Detroit could have scored a TD. I think it was a smart call, Matt just messed up on the throw. I've been raising h3ll about settling for FGs, so being aggressive was good for me.

In that situation it was not necessary. They had been settling for FGs. Taking the 3 negates everything they have been working towards.

50 minutes ago, Rings said:

I agree the defense is also to blame,  it when you know your defense isn’t good, you need to protect them as well.  Coaching tried to do that, Gurley tried as well but stumbled and fell into the end zone.  Is what it is.  Pointing fingers is pointless at this point.  

What I don't understand is why did they need the ball at the 1? The ball was already at the 7 or 8 or whatever. Why does it have to be at the 1?