Just inventing new ways to lose

This has got to be the most insanely hilarious season in sports history. Why even run the ball woth Gurley at all? Just kneel 3 times and kick the FG. 

All in all though I’m more amused by this than I am angry. I would hate a scenario in which Raheem took this team on a run and then became a serious contender for the job. 

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Have you ever seen a team kneel the ball while losing?

Genuinely curious. I cant think of a single time I have ever seen a losing time kneel the ball to kill clock.

Hindsight.

You do exactly what the Falcons did. If Gurely doesn't run with momentum then he is likely to lose the ball. He did his best to not score but you can't stop that train.

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Hindsight.

You do exactly what the Falcons did. If Gurely doesn't run with momentum then he is likely to lose the ball. He did his best to not score but you can't stop that train.

I found one instance of it happening.

https://clutchpoints.com/bears-news-matt-nagy-had-mitchell-trubisky-kneel-instead-trying-gain-yards-before-late-missed-fg-chargers/

The kneeling team missed the FG and lost.

Edited by Snafu
6 minutes ago, likeriver said:

"giving away the game" is usually hyperbole, but in this case it was 100%. There was literally no way we lose unless Koo exploded into a million pieces walking onto the field.

Koo has missed like 3 or 4 extra points this year. NOTHING is automatic with this team. Even if we did kneel or Gurley falls at the 1 yard line we’d still have had ample opportunity to lose by a botched snap, a missed FG, Koo turning around and kicking at the opposite upright, etc. 

2 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

Koo has missed like 3 or 4 extra points this year. NOTHING is automatic with this team. Even if we did kneel or Gurley falls at the 1 yard line we’d still have had ample opportunity to lose by a botched snap, a missed FG, Koo turning around and kicking at the opposite upright, etc. 

15-16 FG

11-13 xp

9 minutes ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

Commentators talked about Detroit finding ways to loose games . I just shook my head. We wrote the book on it this year 

This loose is just another lose in a series of terrible looses. The team is obviously playing too tight, they need to play loser. Play to win, not loss. 

Edited by Subliminal
27 minutes ago, Redjack said:

This has got to be the most insanely hilarious season in sports history. Why even run the ball woth Gurley at all? Just kneel 3 times and kick the FG. 

All in all though I’m more amused by this than I am angry. I would hate a scenario in which Raheem took this team on a run and then became a serious contender for the 

Let me reopen wounds. We take 3 knees we win the superbowl.... we take 2 knees today we win the game...    im ok tho.. I want a top 3 pick