Take a knee

3 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

It must tell you they are not that confident in Koo. If it was Matt Bryant back in 2016 you can bet they would have taken a knee. Regardless if we had gone with the non-retardo decision to  kick a FG in 4th and five from the 15 yard line it would have already been game over anyway. Regardless of how you slice it, terrible game management strikes again. 

If we have no faith in Koo to kick a 23 yard field goal at the end, he has no business being employed in the NFL. That’s bull crap. 

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. Close the curtains. He's done, and it's all on him. On to the next.

The head coach’s MAIN job on game day has nothing to do with his offensive or defensive wizardry. It’s game management first and foremost.  Unfortunately, until you see a guy actually in action as a head coach you can’t assess that based on his being a great coordinator. Everyone likes to talk about the “hot coordinator “ but you just never know. Nothing is a sure thing. 

7 hours ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Should've took the points and went up by 4 before this even happened 

this. Why is no one talking about this. DQ got ripped for this exact thing all the time. I have no idea when leading, and the Lions just drove down twice and had to settle for long FGs that Morris would go for it on 4th down instead of going up to 17...made no sense at the time and cost the game.

Also pathetic D allowing them to drive the whole field with no timeouts in under 1 minute. This is not on Gurley for scoring the go-ahead TD with a minute left when his team was behind. Though not ideal, it's not his fault the team lost

Edited by mtldirtybird

5 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

Raheem said he told the Offense to knee it at the 1, that was the plan...

Knee it st the 1, or three it at the 10 whats the difference....   there are so many things that could happen. And guess what a td happened with a min to go..... then you let your defense go in a prevent defense....     

Just saw Gurley's TD and to me it looked like he was trying to fall down right outside of the goal line.  Have I understood that Morris threw him under the bus????  If that's true and I were Todd Gurley I'd have a come to Jesus with Morris today.  It's NO ONES fault except Koetter (what a joke) and Morris for NOT taking the 3 points and going for it on 4th and 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good Grief~so sick of this mediocracy!!!!!  Our fans deserve better. 

Between the crappy playing on the field and the **** mask Nazi coming around to our seats shoving a sign in my face when I'm trying to drink my Coke I'm done for this year!!!

7 hours ago, Trump MAGA said:

If we have no faith in Koo to kick a 23 yard field goal at the end, he has no business being employed in the NFL. That’s bull crap. 

By the same token, at some point it's the defense's job to get a stop in about a minute with them having no timeouts.

What team takes a knee instead of scoring a TD?  I can't remember the last time a professional team did that.

So you're 100% correct about Koo, but I'd say the same for the defense.  It's their job to get stops.  They did it all day.  Just not when it counted most.

And I'd say it about the offense too -- they should have scored more and earlier or we wouldn't have been in that position.

And the coaching staff -- kick the FG and it doesn't matter.

Etc.

1 minute ago, abcranford2 said:

yes...literally all the time.  kneel on the ball, run the clock all the way down, call a time out, kick a field goal, game over.

I can't remember ever seeing that in a situation where the RB is about to score a TD.  Can you?

Anyone in the Morris fanclub still think he has any shot of being our future HC? He has the same terrible habits of chasing points and god awful clock management skills he learned from the master Dan Quinn. 

All he had to do was take a knee 3 times and kick the FG as time expired. Sure maybe he misses..But theirs risk in anything...Gurley could have fumbled...Or him scoring like what happened and our defense then laying over. The best chance to win was taking a knee multiple times and then letting Koo kick what is essentially an XP.

15 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Then what happens if we fumble the snap on the FG attempt.  Up 6 with 70 seconds is a great spot to be.

the chances of winning the game when down by 2 on your opponents 5 yd line with 3 seconds left is higher than when up by 6 and the other team has the ball with more than a minute left

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

They were standing right next to each other while the TE was running free in the endzone. Jones is much better in coverage than that. But as per usual he has 1-2 brain farts a game the last two or three years.

Like u said I dont get how someone is that free..you know your job and you know the situation just do your **** job..just stupid.i knew they were going to score when they got down there

6 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

Raheem said he told the Offense to knee it at the 1, that was the plan...

Even by doing this, aren’t you risking a defender pushing you into the end zone before you hit the ground? Just terribly stupid and risky. 

And maybe we could say something about Gurley forgetting the “plan” but in his defense, a ball carrier’s natural instincts are to run hard through the line. Once he got through the line I suppose he should have just fell but I’m sure he had an “oh crap” moment and blew it. Still, this play should never have been called. 

The coaching staff should have known the Lions would let them score since they were inside the 10 yard line. Why even call the play and risking a fumble? That is putting your players not in a good position to succeed which at the end is to earn the W. Not smart football, which is what we have seen in the Quinn era.