#5 Georgia vs Kentucky Thread

Carter

Here's the thing about Kirby, and I hate to use Fields as the example, but it's the most glaring one.

People say that if Fields was looking good in practice, don't you think Kirby would have played him? No. Do you think Fields changed any in practice from here to there and won the starting job?

The problem is Kirby is comfortable with who got him where he was. It didn't matter how good Fields looked, he was not gonna bench Fromme because Fromme is who got them where they were up to that point. He was comfortable with Fromme.

Now the problem is he's getting comfortable with Bennett. And let's face it, Kirby is no Saban. It seems the dawgs and falcons always get these kind of coaches. They're always second tier.

Just now, fuego said:

Here's the thing about Kirby, and I hate to use Fields as the example, but it's the most glaring one.

People say that if Fields was looking good in practice, don't you think Kirby would have played him? No. Do you think Fields changed any in practice from here to there and won the starting job?

The problem is Kirby is comfortable with who got him where he was. It didn't matter how good Fields looked, he was not gonna bench Fromme because Fromme is who got them where they were up to that point. He was comfortable with Fromme.

Now the problem is he's getting comfortable with Bennett. And let's face it, Kirby is no Saban. It seems the dawgs and falcons always get these kind of coaches. They're always second tier.

And to add, in that first NC do you think Kirby would have replaced Hurts with Tua in the middle of that game? Not in a million years. That's what sets Saban apart. He's willing to do whatever it takes. Kibry's just along for the ride.

1 minute ago, fuego said:

And to add, in that first NC do you think Kirby would have replaced Hurts with Tua in the middle of that game? Not in a million years. That's what sets Saban apart. He's willing to do whatever it takes. Kibry's just along for the ride.

I’m not a fan of our QB situation, but to be fair.. didn’t Kirby change QBs in game 1 already this year?

2 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

I’m not a fan of our QB situation, but to be fair.. didn’t Kirby change QBs in game 1 already this year?

Or let me answer it this way. We've made it to the NC game. Stetson is crapping the bed. Does Kirby pull him? Not in a million years.

Just now, mike teevee said:

Well, if we are only talking NC games... that’s a pretty small sample size to work with then

😄

lol. Well I'm not slamming Kirby per se. I'm just disappointed in him. He's just not being all I thought he would be, especially having been under Saban for 10 years.