#5 Georgia vs Kentucky Thread

Carter

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

I hope some of you are watching the LSU Auburn game.. 

Not sure what angle  you're asking this from.

But to compare our game to the 2 SEC games so far, and how many points the winning team scored:

Auburn-LSU 48-11

Ole Miss-Vanderbuilt 54-14 and the 3rd quarter just ended.

12 minutes ago, fuego said:

Not sure what angle  you're asking this from.

But to compare our game to the 2 SEC games so far, and how many points the winning team scored:

Auburn-LSU 48-11

Ole Miss-Vanderbuilt 54-14 and the 3rd quarter just ended.

There was no question. Just be careful what you do ask for.

Love Kirby but he has a huge mental block with the QB position. Eason named starter, but was fairly shaky at the time. Fromm comes in and looks a natural that should have been named QB1 during camp.

He doesn't even consider Stetson from the time he stepped on campus up to this preseason, and now suddenly he's the man when obviously he isn't the guy. 

Please allow Monken the option to choose his QB for his offense. Stetson has 7:5 td to int ratio. That is his ceiling, he's not young and getting any better from that. 

1 minute ago, Prison Mikey said:

Love Kirby but he has a huge mental block with the QB position. Eason named starter, but was fairly shaky at the time. Fromm comes in and looks a natural that should have been named QB1 during camp.

He doesn't even consider Stetson from the time he stepped on campus up to this preseason, and now suddenly he's the man when obviously he isn't the guy. 

Please allow Monken the option to choose his QB for his offense. Stetson has 7:5 td to int ratio. That is his ceiling, he's not young and getting any better from that. 

Who’s your source on Monken not getting the opinion?

Lawrence, Fromm, Eason, Bradford, Pryor, RGIII, Moore, Barkley, Manziel, Winston, JT Barrett, Hurts - all Freshmen Quarterbacks, so while freshmen having success at QB is uncommon, it certainly isn't unheard of.

If personnel changes don't happen, I would imagine one or all of JT Daniels, Beck and Mathis look to transfer.  I would agree with the poster above, that Kirby seems to be having a run of bad luck in the QB department... but he is certainly not blameless.

Just so odd, coming off a bye week and no change except Bennett only throws 13 passes... defense I know was banged up but struggled mightily compared anyway to the way they had been playing.. why on earth we didn’t work the qb change during the bye week is beyond crazy, and has to seem that nothings changed w Kirby he’s controlling monken, has to be- 

Here’s my problem; if Kirby is going to handcuff the offense again, there is literally no upside to starting Stetson Bennett. Surely Mathis (or JT Daniels) can hand the ball off just as well as Bennett, but also have the added luxury of being able to throw over the middle without constantly having their passes batted down or intercepted at the LOS. Seriously, why not let the QBs who aren’t so physically limited hand the ball off up the gut every play? B3cause Kirby and the team like Bennett? Not good enough. 

You know, I’ve been forgiving of Kirbys mismanagement of the QB position. I always tell myself, “I don’t see them practice, I’m not a football coach, etc.) but eventually the lapses in logic become so large that I have no choice but to be concerned, not to mention watching Fields absolutely kill it at Ohio State - what could have been in competent hands. Maybe we’re trying not to show much for Florida, or maybe this is just what we have on offense. It’s disheartening as a fan though. It’s hard to believe that the things that are so obvious to us (mis-used talent, bad QB management, bad talent evaluation, lack of development at skill positions) isn’t also obvious to Kirby, which means he’s either unable or unwilling to switch things up. 

Edited by Lennon

It’s getting harder and harder to see where Kirby is coming from with his QB decisions.

I don’t understand how Bennett plays the way he has for 2 games in a row and stays in with no question. Mathis got benched for playing like this for less than one half of one game.

I really hope we were just gameplanning to be as vanilla as possible ahead of the matchup with Florida. It’s only getting harder to feel optimistic about that game.

That was really disappointing yesterday. Just to echo most of the sentiments posted already, you are coming off of a loss, a bye week, and more and more mounting proof that elite defense and game management offense can no longer win in CFB, yet we roll out that offense.

If your plan is ground and pound now, then give Mathis another shot at least so you can run read options effectively.  You aren't winning it all with Bennett. You probably aren't with anyone else on the roster but this feel good story needs to come to an end probably. 

Maybe they surprise me next week but with possibly some significant D guys out my expectations are low. 

This QB situation is just so disappointing and next year early it won't be much better probably.

3 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Just so odd, coming off a bye week and no change except Bennett only throws 13 passes... defense I know was banged up but struggled mightily compared anyway to the way they had been playing.. why on earth we didn’t work the qb change during the bye week is beyond crazy, and has to seem that nothings changed w Kirby he’s controlling monken, has to be- 

Maybe Kirby is a great coordinator, awesome recruiter and a meh head coach. He should have the program a notch higher with the talent he has.

1 hour ago, jeffro2000 said:

That was really disappointing yesterday. Just to echo most of the sentiments posted already, you are coming off of a loss, a bye week, and more and more mounting proof that elite defense and game management offense can no longer win in CFB, yet we roll out that offense.

If your plan is ground and pound now, then give Mathis another shot at least so you can run read options effectively.  You aren't winning it all with Bennett. You probably aren't with anyone else on the roster but this feel good story needs to come to an end probably. 

Maybe they surprise me next week but with possibly some significant D guys out my expectations are low. 

This QB situation is just so disappointing and next year early it won't be much better probably.

This feels like the last two years, it really does. Us having hopes and optimism but nothing changing. Hope Im wrong. 

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Difference is the team I am seeing now will lose by a few touchdowns to florida. 

The offense is more capable than the last 2 seasons but not with Bennett at QB. We seriously have the best talent we’ve had on the offensive side of the ball since 16.. I just wish we would at least do a rotation at QB with Mathis/Bennett or Bennett/Daniels

10 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

The offense is more capable than the last 2 seasons but not with Bennett at QB. We seriously have the best talent we’ve had on the offensive side of the ball since 16.. I just wish we would at least do a rotation at QB with Mathis/Bennett or Bennett/Daniels

I went and rewatched Mathis against Arky. Honestly he looked a lot better than Bennet  has looked the last 2 games.   I doubt he would throw 2-3 picks against Floriduh.  And he could rip off some big runs on the RPO and when protection break down.  Not to mention being able to throw it more than 40 yards

10 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I went and rewatched Mathis against Arky. Honestly he looked a lot better than Bennet  has looked the last 2 games.   I doubt he would throw 2-3 picks against Floriduh.  And he could rip off some big runs on the RPO and when protection break down.  Not to mention being able to throw it more than 40 yards

Completely agree! I’ve been on the “give Mathis another chance wagon since game 2. I thought all things considered he played fairly well 

4 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Completely agree! I’ve been on the “give Mathis another chance wagon since game 2. I thought all things considered he played fairly well 

Might be too late.  Rumors that Mathis has removed all UGA references from social media.  

8 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Might be too late.  Rumors that Mathis has removed all UGA references from social media.  

I don’t read too much into that kind of stuff.. Richard LaCounte did that last year too. That’s not to say he isn’t transferring but these kids do stuff like this all the time in social media

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

I don’t read too much into that kind of stuff.. Richard LaCounte did that last year too. That’s not to say he isn’t transferring but these kids do stuff like this all the time in social media

Apparently he practiced last night, fwiw.