#5 Georgia vs Kentucky Thread

Carter

Alright well we made it through our bye week. Now we go on the road to take on a very inconsistent Kentucky team fresh off a loss to Missouri.

I think our defense reasserts itself and shuts down Kentucky. UK has a decent defense of their own so it will be interesting to see how the Dawgs offense performs. I’m still expecting Stetson Bennett to be the starter at QB. 

44 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I’m sure DJ is a great kid, but honestly he is the weak link in our pass defense so not sure he helps us out much when he is on the field 

DJ is no world beater but he's played better than Campbell. I'd be very let down if JT doesn't get any meaningful snaps this game. 

4 hours ago, 007dawg said:

I’m sure DJ is a great kid, but honestly he is the weak link in our pass defense so not sure he helps us out much when he is on the field 

I don't think DJ is much of a drop-off from the starters. Stokes is too handsy and Campbell is overrated from what I have seen. Room for improvement from all three. The defense is better when all are available. 

The nickel and star are beat quite a bit as well. 

Guys, y’all are just wrong about Campbell.. he got beat on one play against Bama in zero coverage and on a switch with the fastest WR in the country but you act like he’s horrible. Against TN he played perfect coverage and the QB/WR made a play, it happens. He absolutely locked down Seth Williams for Auburn but I guess you forget about that week. 2 “bad” plays doesn’t mean he’s overrated or isn’t good lol. 

30 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Guys, y’all are just wrong about Campbell.. he got beat on one play against Bama in zero coverage and on a switch with the fastest WR in the country but you act like he’s horrible. Against TN he played perfect coverage and the QB/WR made a play, it happens. He absolutely locked down Seth Williams for Auburn but I guess you forget about that week. 2 “bad” plays doesn’t mean he’s overrated or isn’t good lol. 

I agree, I think Campbell has played really good this season. 

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

Agreed. Calling Campbell overrated only shows the rest of us that person doesn't know what they are talking about. 

10 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Agreed. Calling Campbell overrated only shows the rest of us that person doesn't know what they are talking about. 

I wouldn't go that far. But imo he is overrated but I guess that would largely depend on what I believe people think of him. No one said he was bad. I don't think he is a lock down corner. People can disagree without saying someone doesn't know anything.  

1 hour ago, GAbred said:

I wouldn't go that far. But imo he is overrated but I guess that would largely depend on what I believe people think of him. No one said he was bad. I don't think he is a lock down corner. People can disagree without saying someone doesn't know anything.  

Too many people use the term lockdown corner but simply don’t understand how rare that is.. UGA has had 2 lockdown DBs in the last 30 years (Champ & Baker). Campbell is a top 3 round pick based on talent alone and then add that he is actually good to go with that talent, I could see him go late 1st or early second. 

15 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I don’t think he’s a first round talent , I like that he’s aggressive but seems like he never looks back for the ball, and is quick to grab.  

Talent alone he’s at worst 3rd rounder and sometimes you can’t look back as a DB or you won’t even be in the play

On 10/26/2020 at 9:11 PM, Bdawg58 said:

What you said reminds me of the AJ Terrell commits when he was drafted. Everyone remembers his last game and equated that to who he was for his whole career.