Jump to content

#5 Georgia vs Kentucky Thread


Carter
 Share

Recommended Posts

Alright well we made it through our bye week. Now we go on the road to take on a very inconsistent Kentucky team fresh off a loss to Missouri.

I think our defense reasserts itself and shuts down Kentucky. UK has a decent defense of their own so it will be interesting to see how the Dawgs offense performs. I’m still expecting Stetson Bennett to be the starter at QB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I’m sure DJ is a great kid, but honestly he is the weak link in our pass defense so not sure he helps us out much when he is on the field 

 

DJ is no world beater but he's played better than Campbell. I'd be very let down if JT doesn't get any meaningful snaps this game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 007dawg said:

I’m sure DJ is a great kid, but honestly he is the weak link in our pass defense so not sure he helps us out much when he is on the field 

I don't think DJ is much of a drop-off from the starters. Stokes is too handsy and Campbell is overrated from what I have seen. Room for improvement from all three. The defense is better when all are available. 

The nickel and star are beat quite a bit as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys, y’all are just wrong about Campbell.. he got beat on one play against Bama in zero coverage and on a switch with the fastest WR in the country but you act like he’s horrible. Against TN he played perfect coverage and the QB/WR made a play, it happens. He absolutely locked down Seth Williams for Auburn but I guess you forget about that week. 2 “bad” plays doesn’t mean he’s overrated or isn’t good lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Guys, y’all are just wrong about Campbell.. he got beat on one play against Bama in zero coverage and on a switch with the fastest WR in the country but you act like he’s horrible. Against TN he played perfect coverage and the QB/WR made a play, it happens. He absolutely locked down Seth Williams for Auburn but I guess you forget about that week. 2 “bad” plays doesn’t mean he’s overrated or isn’t good lol. 

I agree, I think Campbell has played really good this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

Guys, y’all are just wrong about Campbell.. he got beat on one play against Bama in zero coverage and on a switch with the fastest WR in the country but you act like he’s horrible. Against TN he played perfect coverage and the QB/WR made a play, it happens. He absolutely locked down Seth Williams for Auburn but I guess you forget about that week. 2 “bad” plays doesn’t mean he’s overrated or isn’t good lol. 

Agreed. Calling Campbell overrated only shows the rest of us that person doesn't know what they are talking about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Agreed. Calling Campbell overrated only shows the rest of us that person doesn't know what they are talking about. 

I wouldn't go that far. But imo he is overrated but I guess that would largely depend on what I believe people think of him. No one said he was bad. I don't think he is a lock down corner. People can disagree without saying someone doesn't know anything.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GAbred said:

I wouldn't go that far. But imo he is overrated but I guess that would largely depend on what I believe people think of him. No one said he was bad. I don't think he is a lock down corner. People can disagree without saying someone doesn't know anything.  

Too many people use the term lockdown corner but simply don’t understand how rare that is.. UGA has had 2 lockdown DBs in the last 30 years (Champ & Baker). Campbell is a top 3 round pick based on talent alone and then add that he is actually good to go with that talent, I could see him go late 1st or early second. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I don’t think he’s a first round talent , I like that he’s aggressive but seems like he never looks back for the ball, and is quick to grab.  

Talent alone he’s at worst 3rd rounder and sometimes you can’t look back as a DB or you won’t even be in the play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2020 at 9:11 PM, Bdawg58 said:

Guys, y’all are just wrong about Campbell.. he got beat on one play against Bama in zero coverage and on a switch with the fastest WR in the country but you act like he’s horrible. Against TN he played perfect coverage and the QB/WR made a play, it happens. He absolutely locked down Seth Williams for Auburn but I guess you forget about that week. 2 “bad” plays doesn’t mean he’s overrated or isn’t good lol. 

What you said reminds me of the AJ Terrell commits when he was drafted. Everyone remembers his last game and equated that to who he was for his whole career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...