Response to those against trading Ryan

1 minute ago, the baptist said:

Ok, So The Falcons get the miracle player on the defensive side of the ball at 13......What position does he play?

Does that one player make the defense Superbowl ready?

Who do they acquire in the second and third round with out cap space that will mimic the production of that Miracle 13th pick player?

I should have stated this earlier to get on the same page.....How many impact players do you believe this defense needs to be Superbowl ready?

Well unlike you I don't believe that the Falcons defense was nearly as bad as they were coached to be. I see lots of good players on defense.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Super Bowl wins are a team stat. Matt Ryan's team hasn't won the Super Bowl because his team and coaching hasn't been good enough.

C'mon man. Dan Quinn was SUCH a SB caliber Head Coach. It wasn't Kyle in 2016 on the coaching staff. It was all DQ. Ryan just robbed DQ by his; objectively great play in the playoffs and the SB! DQ's elite defense carried them all year after all! :lol:

1 minute ago, JetJones11 said:

Like i said it’s a team game but your QB is usually the highest paid guy for a reason you have to close it out too many times Matt can’t close games that’s a fact 2012 comes to mind as well as that year vs NYG and vs Philly in 2017 had 4 cracks at the end zone if you’re that guy you make it happen 

Threw a perfect pass and Julio Jones dropped it. Guess he should have ran to the end zone and caught the ball himself.

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Super bowl wins are how you compare teams

playoff stats are how you can compare players in toughest stakes

its really simple.. yet you’re confused.

Stats are indicative of play of numerous players. QBs operate behind an offensive line. If the offensive line is good, then a QB’s stats may be better. If the offensive line is bad, then a QB’s stats might be bad. Regardless of advanced analytics’ findings a QB still has teammates around him that can positively/negatively affect his play. 

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Threw a perfect pass and Julio Jones dropped it. Guess he should have ran to the end zone and caught the ball himself.

No bro. Mahomes just writes his own plays in the dirt. Coaching, playcalling, and supporting cast doesn't exist for him.

You wear the cape if you are a super man. Only some are worthy.

What movie am I in again? :lol:

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Stats are indicative of play of numerous players. QBs operate behind an offensive line. If the offensive line is good, then a QB’s stats may be better. If the offensive line is bad, then a QB’s stats might be bad. Regardless of advanced analytics’ findings a QB still has teammates around him that can positively/negatively affect his play. 

So you’re on board with judging one player off a 100% team stat. But not to judge them off a stat that is primarily a judgement on their ability? 

1 minute ago, JetJones11 said:

2016 Vic was balling Neal and Jones were excellent rookies Grady was on the come up we missed Trufant but Alford did have a pick 6

Vic was a ghost in the playoffs and wasn't even very good in 2016.

Only the 4th defense to allow 400 points or more in a season and make a championship. We DEFINITELY overachived in 2016. Good coaching and being carried can have that effect.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Just look at the roster!! The defense is loaded with talented players. We just didn't have the coaching to bring it together. But I think we do have the coaching now and we're gonna see a whole lot more *** whippings like the one the Falcons laid on the Vikings.

AU, Name them.....I'm looking at the roster....I need some help.......

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You think we’re debating?

I just lobbed a grenade into your “Matt Ryan isn’t doing anything as good as Tom Brady” BS.

hhm.....Superbowl Wins....Vs Matt Ryans Stats......hmm...Which one.....which one.....

Grenade.....yea from the fireworks stand by the highway....

1 minute ago, wnyfalconfan said:

Reading all of these Matt Ryan posts makes one realize that there's going to be a lot of extremely hurt feelings this off-season

You got that **** right!!! Can't wait to see Matt Ryan open the 2021 season as the Falcons starting QB and have this message board meltdown!!! Gonna be some good ****!!

tHw0b.gif

Just now, the baptist said:

hhm.....Superbowl Wins....Vs Matt Ryans Stats......hmm...Which one.....which one.....

Grenade.....yea from the fireworks stand by the highway....

hhm? It’s more like huummma hummma hummma....anyone who understands basic football 101 knows that super wins are team stats.

5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Then stop trying to say Matt Ryan sucks because he has no Super Bowl wins. It's a stupid argument.

Different definitions......You appreciate Obscurity.....I appreciate greatness....

If you believe that the Patriots Organization looking at both careers INDIVIDUALLY.....Would trade Matt Ryan for Brady.....Trust me...this is not an argument