Response to those against trading Ryan

1 minute ago, the baptist said:

TheTrue7...Look I understand, you can't imagine the Falcons without Matt Ryan...trust me....I know its going to shake your world when it happens...

..But I want to address some other guys in here who will respond truthfully and realistically with some form of subject that's debatable

...lol....Who is We?...Ive heard that so many times now

Can we be done...please? I'm going to address some other debatable points in here....Me and you are good..ok?

Please don’t. 

for your own good

27 minutes ago, the baptist said:

I promise, I was trying to avoid this topic.....but...I couldn't do it

Responding to the first comment.....To suggest.....that Matt Ryan...I have no love for Tom Brady by the way.....but to suggest that Matt Ryan is doing anything as good as Tom Brady.....that's beyond asinine....

In a way, you are correct, but unfortunately for you in a way you don’t even realize.   

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

He gives a personal stat.. you provide a team one.. hmm

QBs get all the credit and all the blame i just watched Mahomes lead his team from down 10+ In 3 strait playoff games he literally put them on his back we payed Matt over 200 million dollars for what ? 4 playoff wins in 13 years if you think that’s acceptable idk what to tell you

11 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I guess I have no clue what you’re asking.  In your OP you say we should move on from Ryan even if he is still capable of leading us to a SB.  

You say it could take years to build a good defense.  I don’t agree.  As you saw last year, the flip can switch quickly.  We were an historically bad defense weeks 1-7.  Then we were a top 8 defense weeks 8-17.  

I agree that if you can draft Trey Lance or Zach Wilson in the 2nd round, you have to do it.  But that doesn’t mean you ditch Ryan.  No QB in this years draft is an upgrade over Ryan for at least 2-3 years.  So what’s the rush?

Addressing the second point, and I should have tagged some other people, so its not just you, this point seems to be the consensus among Matt Ryan fans

I've asked the question before, In order to build....You still need to acquire players, free agency or draft

The cap is the same, if Neither Julio or Matt Ryan are traded....

What are they going to build the defense with? Because according to many of you, The Falcons are still in the hunt......hhm

So if they are drafting 13 to 17, what game changer on the defensive side of the ball can you get in that area in this draft? 

What game changer on the defensive side of the ball will they acquire with the current cap situation?

I guess I should have stated early to get on the same page, This defense as it is currently constructed is not good enough to win a superbowl, would you agree?

Edited by the baptist

Just now, JetJones11 said:

QBs get all the credit and all the blame i just watched Mahomes lead his team from down 10+ In 3 strait playoff games he literally put them on his back we payed Matt over 200 million dollars for what ? 4 playoff wins in 13 years if you think that’s acceptable idk what to tell you

Mahomes has no ring without help from his defense in the 4th Q. :lol:

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

All he's got is team stats to bash Ryan. It's all Ryan haters have. They can't use individual stats to bash Ryan because they blow the narrative to pieces so they have to use team stats to try to bash Ryan.

And all you have IS stats ... stats don’t mean **** if you’re not winning Dak was on pace for 6,000 yards and a 3-13 record so what 

Just now, JetJones11 said:

Nobody ever puts a team on their back. That’s the most overused statement in sports. There’s always more than one player that does their job that leads to a win.. it’s just if you have an agenda, you’ll pick and choose who gets credit.. 

2 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Of course not it’s a team game but without Mahomes they have NO CHANCE 

Took a team effort. Funny how truth stares at you in the face.

Falcons never even make the SB or get in as big of a lead without Matt either.

The difference is Ryan's defense wasn't even CLOSE to anything worth of even being a playoff team.

Only 4 times has a team ALLOWED 400 points in a season and MADE it as far as the conference championship. Just beating GB was rare.

Blowing the SB?

Was a basic Quinning embrace the suck nonsense.

Mahomes plays for Andy Reid. ACTUALLY good at one side of the ball in modern football.

Jury is out on Quinn; outside of 2 LoB years for Pete Carroll.

THAT is the element always ignored. Ryan played very very well. Better than Mahomes SB.

Great Teams win SBs. Not just which QB played better.