Response to those against trading Ryan

6 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

A rookies potential can be harmed either way. Some rookies can handle a bad situation and some don't. I'd rather have 2 really bad years to eventually turn things around vs 5 mediocre years before we do it. But that is just me. To me mediocrity is the worse. It gives fans false hope, especially management that serious changes need to be "tweeked". I'd rather win big or lose big rather than constantly in the middle.

You think you can have a middle of the pack team and be far off from contending.

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

There was no rebuttal. You never gave us any answers as to how you would clear 30+ million in cap space just to get us under the cap. You answered nothing. Go ahead and look at a cap calculator and let us know all the cuts you'd make just to get us under the cap. Come up with a logical plan and then we will talk.

I looked at a Falcons cap calulator and there is no option on trading during next offseason. So I am not sure what the calculation would be. Even if we keep Ryan, this team is f*ked

2 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

I looked at a Falcons cap calulator and there is no option on trading during next offseason. So I am not sure what the calculation would be. Even if we keep Ryan, this team is f*ked

https://overthecap.com/calculator/atlanta-falcons/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/atlanta-falcons/

Yes, there is that option. On both of the most popular ones. Didn't look real hard Mr Intelectual.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The thread should have been ended when you were told about what it would do to the cap.

You don't listen. People who don't listen are usually the stupid ones who think they're smarter than anybody else in the room.

Bro you are so right. I could be wrong, but I think the OP is just not a Ryan fan and wants a new QB. Careful what you pray for. We'll need one in the next couple years, but don't necessarily need to position ourselves at the top of the draft to find him. You can find a QB outside of the top 10. Take a look at where the last 20 Lombardi winning QBs were drafted:

• 1-1 - Peyton Manning (2)
  • 1-1 - Eli Manning (2)
  • 1-6 - Trent Dilfer (1)
  • 1-10 - Patrick Mahomes (1)
  • 1-11 - Ben Roethlisberger (2)
  • 1-18 - Joe Flacco (1)
  • 1-24 - Aaron Rogers (1)
  • 2-32 - Drew Brees (1)
  • 3-75 - Russell Wilson (1)
  • 3-88 - Nick Foles (1)
  • 6-199 - Tom Brady (6)
  • 9-227 - Brad Johnson (1)

34 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

All QBs at one time are rookies. Why pick Carr? It could be the next Tom Brady. Who knows? This seems more about fear of the unknown with you. You rather stick with Ryan because it can be much worse. Did you ever consider it can be better also?

A rookie QB on a roster full of undrafted free agents will not be better than the Falcons currently are.

15 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Did you guys watch Justin Fields today ? Imagine him in our uniform with Brady or Bienemy as the new coach 2 years we’ll be contending like the Chiefs Ravens Bills Cardinals etc 

Is Justin Fields going to be playing Nebraska every week with guys running wide open with no one within 10 yards of them? That's the thing people that fall in love with guys like Fields and Lawrence fail to realize. They're doing this stuff against college defenses with guys running open with people not even in the screen most of the time. Lots of college QB's look great in those situations. You don't get those kind of situations in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Is Justin Fields going to be playing Nebraska every week with guys running wide open with no one within 10 yards of them? That's the thing people that fall in love with guys like Fields and Lawrence fail to realize. They're doing this stuff against college defenses with guys running open with people not even in the screen most of the time. Lots of college QB's look great in those situations. You don't get those kind of situations in the NFL.

You can say this about literally every QB in the NFL since they all played in college i don’t see your point ?

Ppl in here mad cause i want us to get fields and are trying to bring up Nebraskas defense as if to say Matt Ryan didn’t play in a weak ACC in college and every single QB in the NFL played in college mostly against weaker competition for the most part ... if Lawrence and Fields aren’t good who the **** is ? These guys were ELITE ELITE prospects going into college and have both lived up to that ... these guys are 2 of the highest rated guys of all time not just this year 

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Ohh ok.. so we’re now comparing MR at BC vs ACC and JF at OSU vs B10? 

yea, no thanks

How’s Burrow looking to you so far ? How about all those Bama guys from all those years back including Julio and Ridley I’d say pretty good y’all are thinking too hard Haskins wasn’t ready Urban Meyer even said it Fields is different he beat Lawrence in the Elite 11 he’s improved every year and has shown maturity he was in the lab the next day after they lost to Clemson he’s the real deal 

1 minute ago, JetJones11 said:

How’s Burrow looking to you so far ? How about all those Bama guys from all those years back including Julio and Ridley I’d say pretty good y’all are thinking too hard Haskins wasn’t ready Urban Meyer even said it Fields is different he beat Lawrence in the Elite 11 he’s improved every year and has shown maturity he was in the lab the next day after they lost to Clemson he’s the real deal 

Are you trying to make my point for me? 

24 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

LOL you just defeated yourself. Noyce.

43 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

You can say this about literally every QB in the NFL since they all played in college i don’t see your point ?

The best NFL QB's are the ones that don't play on the most loaded teams. The QB's from the most loaded college teams of all-time rarely ever work out in the NFL because the talent around them makes them look better than they really are. Look at guys like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson. Those guys weren't playing on absolutely loaded rosters in college and blowing out teams ever week. Those guys were better prepared to play in the NFL as a result because in the NFL you're not surrounded by the best talent on the field. You've got to be able to make the guys around you better. Guys like Lawrence and Fields don't have to do that. They could be great NFL QB's but history isn't on their side.

39 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I certainly feel that’s part of the evaluation process, yes. Strength of schedule and level of competition. 

And roster strength. Who are these QB's playing with. Are they surrounded by lots of NFL stars or are they winning and competing surrounded by guys who won't play in the NFL?

2 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

Ppl in here mad cause i want us to get fields and are trying to bring up Nebraskas defense as if to say Matt Ryan didn’t play in a weak ACC in college and every single QB in the NFL played in college mostly against weaker competition for the most part ... if Lawrence and Fields aren’t good who the **** is ? These guys were ELITE ELITE prospects going into college and have both lived up to that ... these guys are 2 of the highest rated guys of all time not just this year 

You are basically fighting people's emotional attachment to certain players.

Just now, Intellectually Honest said:

You are basically fighting people's emotional attachment to certain players.

Nope. Not the case at all. It's called being knowledgeable and realistic. There's a vast difference. You've got a massively warped view of the way things in the NFL work. Those of us against trading Ryan have a much more realistic view that's grounded in reality.