Response to those against trading Ryan

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL, you lost me coming out of the gate with this BS. 

Its like dead cap doesnt mean anything to these people.

Posted Images

Just now, Ghosts of Glanville said:

This is why I don’t engage these clowns.  Truth and logic have no place with them.    Next he will blaming Ryan for the Russians bombing Pearl Harbor in 1776

Yah I know, they've been called out time after time for just making sh*t up and never have anything to back it up. Basic trolls, plain and simple.

4 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Lmfao Definitely not a “groupy” at all. Only stating facts. I noticed you changed the word to “botch” now. The moving of goal posts is hilarious.

You stated that Brady was the reason they won all their SBs. Proved that wrong with one five second google search about Brady’s first SB. 

Never stated they should be mentioned in the same breath, that’s a strawman argument, so keep on topic.

Every game won/lossed is a team effort. Period. There is no exception.  

Oh...Now I need to stay on topic...My original statement was Matt Ryan does nothing as good as Tom Brady

I shouldn't have had to preface my comments, but you guys keeping finding statistics that don't count, only one thing counts, Championships

You and the groupies rebuttal..."Superbowl Wins are a Team Stat", That would imply that you and the groupies believe, If Matt Ryan were on the Patriots in the same time period he would have won 6 Championships....If you need me to explain that conclusion before you say "Thats not what I said" I will

That belief is false, Tom Brady was the leader of the Franchise for 6 Championship WINS, its not about credit.......Its about Matt Ryan vs Tom Brady, and Matt Ryan has shown me what he does in the big games....and Tom Brady has shown me what he does in the big games

39 minutes ago, Drvillain said:

youre just making up stuff now

41 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

?????Who's that?????

38 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

This is why I don’t engage these clowns.  Truth and logic have no place with them.    Next he will blaming Ryan for the Russians bombing Pearl Harbor in 1776

My fault, Im a clown, I didn't know all of you would be reading

WORST FUMBLE IN SUPERBOWL HISTORY

True Story.....My momma saw the blitz coming

Edited by the baptist
21 minutes ago, the baptist said:

Oh...Now I need to stay on topic...My original statement was Matt Ryan does nothing as good as Tom Brady

I shouldn't have had to preface my comments, but you guys keeping finding statistics that don't count, only one thing counts, Championships

You and the groupies rebuttal..."Superbowl Wins are a Team Stat", That would imply that you and the groupies believe, If Matt Ryan were on the Patriots in the same time period he would have won 6 Championships....If you need me to explain that conclusion before you say "Thats not what I said" I will

That belief is false, Tom Brady was the leader of the Franchise for 6 Championship WINS, its not about credit.......Its about Matt Ryan vs Tom Brady, and Matt Ryan has shown me what he does in the big games....and Tom Brady has shown me what he does in the big games

Depending on which season you’re talking about would determine if Ryan did something as good, or better than, Brady. It’s not a “one size fits all” in terms of play, because play degrades over time.

Ryan vs Brady in terms of accomplishments isn’t even comparable. Brady is in his own league with that. Ryan isn’t even in Brady’s stratosphere.

Wins and losses are a team stat. You imply that the Super Bowl wins/losses are solely on the QB. You stated repeatedly that it’s the greatest Super Bowl loss in history. Both those statements are factually incorrect.

Its impossible to quantify how each QB would have operated in reverse scenarios. Especially wishing a certain time frame. The only thing you can do is speculate. Something that is quantifiable is how they did in their respective SBs. In Ryan’s first SB he played extremely well, their offense kept them in that game. In Brady’s first SB he did average at best. The defense won that game for them, their offense was a liability. So you can’t credit Brady for “leading” that SB in any way, shape, or form. It’s factually incorrect.

Comparing just their first SB appearances. Ryan performed better than Brady. The 2001 Patriots outperformed 2016 Falcons. 

18 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Depending on which season you’re talking about would determine if Ryan did something as good, or better than, Brady. It’s not a “one size fits all” in terms of play, because play degrades over time.

Ryan vs Brady in terms of accomplishments isn’t even comparable. Brady is in his own league with that. Ryan isn’t even in Brady’s stratosphere.

Wins and losses are a team stat. You imply that the Super Bowl wins/losses are solely on the QB. You stated repeatedly that it’s the greatest Super Bowl loss in history. Both those statements are factually incorrect.

Its impossible to quantify how each QB would have operated in reverse scenarios. Especially wishing a certain time frame. The only thing you can do is speculate. Something that is quantifiable is how they did in their respective SBs. In Ryan’s first SB he played extremely well, their offense kept them in that game. In Brady’s first SB he did average at best. The defense won that game for them, their offense was a liability. So you can’t credit Brady for “leading” that SB in any way, shape, or form. It’s factually incorrect.

Comparing just their first SB appearances. Ryan performed better than Brady. The 2001 Patriots outperformed 2016 Falcons. 

Ok, you win....Matt Ryan performed better than Tom Brady in a loss to Tom Brady.......

Results......only thing that matters....

5 minutes ago, the baptist said:

Ok, you win....Matt Ryan performed better than Tom Brady in a loss to Tom Brady.......

Results......only thing that matters....

Reread what I wrote. Never compared the SB they played against each other. I compared their first super bowls stats against each other. And then compared those respective teams.

Whether it is your read comprehension, or your inability to see logic; you react before understanding fully what you’re responding to. 

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Reread what I wrote. Never compared the SB they played against each other. I compared their first super bowls stats against each other. And then compared those respective teams.

Whether it is your read comprehension, or your inability to see logic; you react before understanding fully what you’re responding to. 

That’s just good faith logical battles. Doesn’t exist in a hater world.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

That’s just good faith logical battles. Doesn’t exist in a hater world.

It’s the spaghetti principle with this poster. I’m not a lover or hater of Ryan. Ryan is a good QB, that’s it. People act like he’s $hit and it’s just not true. Ryan is old and regressing, that’s a fact. Which is why we should draft a new QB. Not because I hate Ryan, but because we need to be prepared for life AFTER Ryan. 

3 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I didn't think I had to....Sorry, I get ahead of my self sometimes, I keep forgetting I have to break things down for you guys

Matt Ryan performed better Than Tom Brady, In a Loss To Tom Brady

Ill say it again.....Results

Matt Ryan could have performed better in 10 Superbowls better than Tom Brady.....but Tom Brady would still have 6 championships...Matt Ryan would still have  Zero, Take out the "would" because this is the reality, Im not talking fictional, you guys are, "What if Matt Ryan had this" Thats fictional

What on Gods Green earth does one performance have to do with Zero Championships

Ill say it again....since it seems to be me that is missing it, and misconstruing the objective of playing football  

Results......Results........Results....Results.....Results.....Results.....Results...

If you are still not getting it.....There are only two results.....and those are the only two things that matter in football

It’s the spaghetti principle with this poster. I’m not a lover or hater of Ryan. Ryan is a good QB, that’s it. People act like he’s $hit and it’s just not true. Ryan is old and regressing, that’s a fact. Which is why we should draft a new QB. Not because I hate Ryan, but because we need to be prepared for life AFTER Ryan. 

IMO, it’s debatable on Ryan’s length of time remaining in the NFL.

I’ll say his regression; to me, is a mere statistical one from mostly incompetence at OC post Kyle. I mean, his stats were fine 2 years ago for Sark of all people.

We haven’t been effective at running the ball since 2017. Or playing defense.

At some point, you need consistency elsewhere or a vanilla OC is gonna always be exposed.

But that’s another debate. We will definitely draft a QB within 3 years max.

Just now, the baptist said:

I didn't think I had to....Sorry, I get ahead of my self sometimes, I keep forgetting I have to break things down for you guys

Matt Ryan performed better Than Tom Brady, In a Loss To Tom Brady

Ill say it again.....Results

Matt Ryan could have performed better in 10 Superbowls better than Tom Brady.....but Tom Brady would still have 6 championships...Matt Ryan would still have  Zero, Take out the "would" because this is the reality, Im not talking fictional, you guys are, "What if Matt Ryan had this" Thats fictional

What on Gods Green earth does one performance have to do with Zero Championships

Ill say it again....since it seems to be me that is missing it, and misconstruing the objective of playing football  

Results......Results........Results....Results.....Results.....Results.....Results...

If you are still not getting it.....There are only two results.....and those are the only two things that matter in football

Lol You would think that someone who is attempting to be condescending, and pseudo-intelligent, would know that “myself” is one word and not two. Ad hominem attacks do nothing to prove any of your points as facts  it just shows your lack of originality when coming up with cogent talking points.

You keep dodging the points I’m making because you have no response to them. You keep trying to spin a false narrative and create strawman arguments. It’s actually really funny to watch you backtrack and rewrite/change your statements on the fly.

Bottom line is that wins/losses are a team stat. You can try and say that Brady is solely responsible for Patriots SB wins, but even Brady himself disagrees with that statement. Trying to place sole successes/failures on one person, especially in a team sport, is dumb. 

6 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Lol You would think that someone who is attempting to be condescending, and pseudo-intelligent, would know that “myself” is one word and not two. Ad hominem attacks do nothing to prove any of your points as facts  it just shows your lack of originality when coming up with cogent talking points.

You keep dodging the points I’m making because you have no response to them. You keep trying to spin a false narrative and create strawman arguments. It’s actually really funny to watch you backtrack and rewrite/change your statements on the fly.

Bottom line is that wins/losses are a team stat. You can try and say that Brady is solely responsible for Patriots SB wins, but even Brady himself disagrees with that statement. Trying to place sole successes/failures on one person, especially in a team sport, is dumb. 

I'm not dodging points, and I don't attempt to do anything, you can label it what you will, but I know my self

Your points are irrelevant, You keep saying Win/Losses are a team stat

But they keep calling Tom Brady the Goat, That would make one of those statements false

You keep bringing up one performance. I Keep telling you that the performance ended in a loss. WHICH MAKES THE PERFORMANCE IRRELEVANT

You can't win an Argument with a loss.....

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

IMO, it’s debatable on Ryan’s length of time remaining in the NFL.

I’ll say his regression; to me, is a mere statistical one from mostly incompetence at OC post Kyle. I mean, his stats were fine 2 years ago for Sark of all people.

We haven’t been effective at running the ball since 2017. Or playing defense.

At some point, you need consistency elsewhere or a vanilla OC is gonna always be exposed.

But that’s another debate. We will definitely draft a QB within 3 years max.

Regression to me doesn’t me regression in terms of stats. Regression means that I notice things like more arch on his long ball, less zip on his bullet passes, longer times to diagnose a play. Don’t get me wrong, even Ryan in a regressive state can get the job done.

Unfortunately with Ryan, he’s never been the most athletic QB. So when he hits that cliff, it’s going to be a sharp fall.

I do agree that our offensive play calling is $hit. I absolutely hated the Koetter rehire. I knew we were screwed from that point on.

It is my opinion that Ryan has two more years of similar level of play before he falls off that cliff. I don’t believe we can build a team around him in that timeframe to win a SB. So I’m treating him as a transitional QB until our next QB takes over.

My hope is that we draft someone next year to fill that role, either Lawrence or Lance. Give him one to two seasons to learn under Ryan, and learn the NFL speed, then set him loose. We won’t be Super Bowl caliber but we should be in a position to where he won’t get killed in the pocket, or have to consistently bring us back in the 4th quarter. 

2 minutes ago, the baptist said:

I'm not dodging points, and I don't attempt to do anything, you can label it what you will, but I know my self

Your points are irrelevant, You keep saying Win/Losses are a team stat

But they keep calling Tom Brady the Goat, That would make one of those statements false

You keep bringing up one performance. I Keep telling you that the performance ended in a loss. WHICH MAKES THE PERFORMANCE IRRELEVANT

You can't win an Argument with a loss.....

You are dodging the points, and it isn’t just mine, it’s with everyone who responds to you. Instead of admitting you’re wrong on some points, you try to be condescending about your mistakes. This doesn’t 

It doesn’t matter if they call Brady the Goat. The box score, pundits, analysts, news, magazines, radio, internet, and television says New England Patriots, not the New England Tom Bradys. Those are the RESULTS. Lol

You can’t win an argument by backpedaling, creating strawman arguments, using ad hominems, moving goal posts, and being condescending. You’re a walking logical fallacy. LOL

The Cowboys are still in the race in their division. They don’t seem to want to pay Dak. The Falcons should bag this season. Offer to trade Ryan for Dak, they save money. We wait till next year for Dak.

4 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

You are dodging the points, and it isn’t just mine, it’s with everyone who responds to you. Instead of admitting you’re wrong on some points, you try to be condescending about your mistakes. This doesn’t 

It doesn’t matter if they call Brady the Goat. The box score, pundits, analysts, news, magazines, radio, internet, and television says New England Patriots, not the New England Tom Bradys. Those are the RESULTS. Lol

You can’t win an argument by backpedaling, creating strawman arguments, using ad hominems, moving goal posts, and being condescending. You’re a walking logical fallacy. LOL

Wow....yea you even made me laugh with the second rebuttal, again you can put labels on everything I do....

At the end of the day....you can convince the groupies and whoever else as to this fiction you speak, but as for me and anybody else who knows what counts in football

6 Championships to Zero, You made your point, whatever it was, the reality?....... This is not a debate.....

Ill give you and Matt Ryan the "almost won" trophy that you think exists for that one measly performance with the worst turnover in NFL history

1 minute ago, the baptist said:

Wow....yea you even made me laugh with the second rebuttal, again you can put labels on everything I do....

At the end of the day....you can convince the groupies and whoever else as to this fiction you speak, but as for me and anybody else who knows what counts in football

6 Championships to Zero, You made your point, whatever it was, the reality?....... This is not a debate.....

Ill give you and Matt Ryan the "almost won" trophy that you think exists for that one measly performance with the worst turnover in NFL history

Lmfao Still a walking logical fallacy. You haven’t made a cogent point at all in this post. I get it, you’re desperate and can’t form a clear and concise narrative. On each and every Lombardi the Patriots have it says “New England Patriots”. Not sure what to tell you. That’s the reality of the situation. 

30 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Regression to me doesn’t me regression in terms of stats. Regression means that I notice things like more arch on his long ball, less zip on his bullet passes, longer times to diagnose a play. Don’t get me wrong, even Ryan in a regressive state can get the job done.

Unfortunately with Ryan, he’s never been the most athletic QB. So when he hits that cliff, it’s going to be a sharp fall.

I do agree that our offensive play calling is $hit. I absolutely hated the Koetter rehire. I knew we were screwed from that point on.

It is my opinion that Ryan has two more years of similar level of play before he falls off that cliff. I don’t believe we can build a team around him in that timeframe to win a SB. So I’m treating him as a transitional QB until our next QB takes over.

My hope is that we draft someone next year to fill that role, either Lawrence or Lance. Give him one to two seasons to learn under Ryan, and learn the NFL speed, then set him loose. We won’t be Super Bowl caliber but we should be in a position to where he won’t get killed in the pocket, or have to consistently bring us back in the 4th quarter. 

How long would you give Big ben?

Lmfao Still a walking logical fallacy. You haven’t made a cogent point at all in this post. I get it, you’re desperate and can’t form a clear and concise narrative. On each and every Lombardi the Patriots have it says “New England Patriots”. Not sure what to tell you. That’s the reality of the situation. 

I'm giving you the point, for whatever reason you seem to be missing, I believe its intentional because you refuse to accept it from me, coming from anyone else you might be open but because its me, you cant be wrong, I get it

The reason your belief is and will remain to be false, is because Tom Brady will always be in the Goat conversation, if he did not perform and he was Terry Bradshaw, Tom Brady would be Terry Bradshaw, but there is a reason Tom Brady is in the Goat conversation

Which is a misdirection you are using to get away from the fact that Matt Ryan, no matter what statistic you bring up, will never be in any conversation about Tom Brady....well.....wait a minute....that's false

Clear and concise? Matt Ryan is not Tom Brady in any way form or fashion, I've said it before, but Ill keep saying it if you need me too

Maybe I just don't understand where you are standing, because you are obviously not talking about Superbowls, so that's where I get ignorant, because there is nothing else that counts to me.....