Response to those against trading Ryan

1 minute ago, the baptist said:

Different definitions......You appreciate Obscurity.....I appreciate greatness....

If you believe that the Patriots Organization looking at both careers INDIVIDUALLY.....Would trade Matt Ryan for Brady.....Trust me...this is not an argument

You're one of those people that think Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson had better NFL careers than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly right?

Different definitions......You appreciate Obscurity.....I appreciate greatness....

If you believe that the Patriots Organization looking at both careers INDIVIDUALLY.....Would trade Matt Ryan for Brady.....Trust me...this is not an argument

Why would they need to? They have the GOAT at HC and built elite teams.

QB isn't the difference between the Patriots dynasty and the Falcons.

It's HC and elite teams; like defense and a run game.

But keep making it about the QB. Stay sleeping bro.

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

So you’re on board with judging one player off a 100% team stat. But not to judge them off a stat that is primarily a judgement on their ability? 

I’m not for the judging of a player’s performance of a team stat. Wins are a team stat. The ability for a single player to help their team come back from behind is still a team effort. QB seems to be the only one that gets credit for “come from behind” wins.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You're one of those people that think Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson had better NFL careers than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly right?

Stay on Course....You boys are in here comparing Matt Ryan....To Tom Brady......hhm

I mean I needed a laugh today......but you boys are a stand up special

2 minutes ago, the baptist said:

So if thats the case....Why are they calling Tom Brady the G.O.A.T and not Matt Ryan?

Because of stupid people like you that give QBs all the credit or blame for their team winning or losing. It's like them dumb ****s that gave Patrick Mahomes the MVP in the Super Bowl even though he wasn't even the best offensive player for the Chiefs in that game.

7 minutes ago, the baptist said:

So if thats the case....Why are they calling Tom Brady the G.O.A.T and not Matt Ryan?

I think Brady probably is the best QB to ever play the game. Would he have been without Belichick is another matter. Nonetheless, that grenade I threw in your foxhole negated the nonsense you were spewing to smithereens...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm

Ryan will be in the HoF.

And, Peyton Manning is the goat.

Brady is an easy one because of ignorant folks like yourself; so obviously the media trolls your cheap definitions of individual player performance by touting rings (a team accomplishment of the highest level)...

Manning a better QB than Brady overall. Does more SB rings for Brady prove otherwise?

Not really. He had the perfect situation for 2 decades. And, it wasn't close for an entire decade on defense. And when his defense "regressed" it was still better than the Falcons easily.

Stay on Course....You boys are in here comparing Matt Ryan....To Tom Brady......hhm

I mean I needed a laugh today......but you boys are a stand up special

No, you stay on course. You're judging QB's based solely on Super Bowl wins. In that case Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino.

5 minutes ago, the baptist said:

So based on that logic you’re saying all of Patriots SB wins are because of Brady?

11 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

Let's say Ryan is doing better than Brady at age 35, what does that have to do with Ryan at 37+? Seems you believe the Falcons will be back in the playoffs with fixing a few issues next year. This is where we disagree.

It's much more logical and reasonable to assume Ryan will be much closer to his present athleticism and ability to play QB than to assume in just two years he will be over the hill and a liability.

Ice is in great shape, and he stays that way. He hasn't had any serious injury or concussion issues. In two years he will still be far more able to take this offense to a SB and win it than a rookie QB, even assuming it's a high first round pick.

Ryan isn't Tom Brady, but there are more similarities than differences in terms of  estimating how long Ryan can play at a high level. If Brady is playing well in his forties, any rational estimate for Ryan has to be at least four or five more years, not one or two.

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I think Brady probably is the best QB to ever play the game. Woukd he have been without Belichick is another matter. Nonetheless, that grenade I threw in your foxhole negated the nonsense you were spewing...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm

I understand Vandy.....You found the needle in the hay stack...congratulations......you made your point

Now which one means more...A Superbowl win or a QB Rating?

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

No, you stay on course. You're judging QB's based solely on Super Bowl wins. In that case Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino.

You are straying off course.....you were doing so well

We are not talking about Dilfer and Marino...

6 Superbowl Wins Vs ZERO and quite possibly the worst Lost in Superbowl History

This is not an argument.....

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Bro, the FACT IS...Matt Ryan couldn't have won any of those SBs Tom Brady did.

Just not possible. Especially when given; what was it, NINE chances at a SB win?

6 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

So based on that logic you’re saying all of Patriots SB wins are because of Brady?

Im saying you would be put in a mental institution if you go ask anybody else in the football world would they have traded Tom Brady for Matt Ryan in any season at any time..........

Just now, the baptist said:

Im saying you would be put in a mental institution if you go ask anybody else in the football world would they have traded Tom Brady for Matt Ryan in any season at any time..........

Doesn't prove Ryan couldn't have won MULTIPLE SBs in the situation Brady had in NE.

Following the masses has always been the right choice! Said no one in history.

2 minutes ago, the baptist said:

You are straying off course.....you were doing so well

We are not talking about Dilfer and Marino...

6 Superbowl Wins Vs ZERO and quite possibly the worst Lost in Superbowl History

This is not an argument.....

Matt Ryan and Tom Brady aren't the only players on the field. This isn't 1-on-1 basketball. But you're judging it like it is. The Atlanta Falcons have never been good enough to win the Super Bowl. The New England Patriots were good enough to win 6 Super Bowls. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

11 minutes ago, the baptist said:

Matt Ryan was the #3 overall pick. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. I'll let you attempt to figure out why there was such a vast difference in where each player was drafted at. That should answer your question.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Matt Ryan and Tom Brady aren't the only players on the field. This isn't 1-on-1 basketball. But you're judging it like it is. The Atlanta Falcons have never been good enough to win the Super Bowl. The New England Patriots were good enough to win 6 Super Bowls. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Matt Ryan was the #3 overall pick. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. I'll let you attempt to figure out why there was such a vast difference in where each player was drafted at. That should answer your question.

AU....Nobody and I mean nobody, but you and your Matt Ryan Loyalists would trade Tom Brady for Matt Ryan.....EVER...

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Bro, the FACT IS...Matt Ryan couldn't have won any of those SBs Tom Brady did.

Just not possible. Especially when given; what was it, NINE chances at a SB win?

So in SB XXXVI; you’re saying that Ryan couldn’t have done better than the 16 for 27, 145 yards passing, and single TD that Brady had. Hmmmmmm?