This may have been talked about already, but when will we realisticly hire a new GM? Are we looking now or after the season or do we plan on hiring a coach first? I would like to hire a GM sooner than later to get a head start on the draft/free agency and trading for players or trading away players. I just don't want to be one of the last teams to hire one and last minute. I'm sure other teams will be looking also and would like our first choice. Plus I don't want McKay making any decisions. 

22 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

If its a promotion do you have to wait for the season to be over with?

Not sure, but it stands to reason that teams wouldn’t let one of their higher up personnel become a GM if they are entrenched in the season. The GM isn’t just in charge of hiring the HC. He’s in charge of the entire operation and personnel. I’d rather get someone in sooner than later but that could mean that we don’t have as big of a pool to hire from. 

4 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

If its a promotion do you have to wait for the season to be over with?

I don't see why Arthur Blank couldn't go ahead and hire a GM now.   Unless you are hiring someone who is already a GM in the league - and only 31 of those guys - then whomever you would hire would be a promotion.

Also, hiring a GM isn't like hiring a HC - it's the offseason for GM, Directors of College Scouting and NFL Player personnel and area scouts.

Cannot think of a reason why we couldn't go ahead and do this now if Arthur and Richy Rich found who they targeted.

Speaking of which, McKay said today they are looking to support the current team. “We have a good football team and good football players, some of which are very good football players. Don’t look for us to be trading those football players.” Says a trade isn’t “impossible” as obviously other teams will call them, when asked if “someone made an offer they simply can’t refuse”, but they are setting up to support the current team. Not calling others.

4 hours ago, TheShadow said:

remember, that is not quite the way it worked for DQ. blank asked him if he could work for TD. He had the option not to.

That's not the way it went down. Blank asked Quinn if he wanted to work with TD. If Quinn had said no, TD would've been gone as Quinn came in as HC. Quinn never worked for TD. They both reported separately to Blank.

38 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Speaking of which, McKay said today they are looking to support the current team. “We have a good football team and good football players, some of which are very good football players. Don’t look for us to be trading those football players.” Says a trade isn’t “impossible” as obviously other teams will call them, when asked if “someone made an offer they simply can’t refuse”, but they are setting up to support the current team. Not calling others.

yeah, after winning last week - what more can you say?  the fact that you have no GM makes the personnel side somewhat rudderless.  All the scouting and personnel department are in limbo.  Until you have a GM that will be in place for longer than 1 year - how does anything get done?