If we by some miracle made it to the playoffs

49 minutes ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

Earned wins make you battle tested... You wanna feel good about it... You don't wanna feel like it was given to you cause when you reach the big dance your opponent should be just as good so stay ready so you don't have to get ready

There's no such thing as a NFL win given to you.   Teams get blown out, sure, but most wins in the league are very close and tough to get.    Average margin of victory in the NFL the past decade is what...about 4 points?  

Why do teams want home field advantage?  It sure ain't so you can play the #2 seed in the first round.  It's so you can beat the weakest team on your own turf.  

I'll take the weakest opponent possible, thank you, and if I should win the Super Bowl along the way...I WIN THE SUPER BOWL.  

3 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Green Bay and Seattle are both pretty good and might give us trouble again. But Minnesota, Chicago and Dallas would get beat by the Falcons if they played again. Chicago and Dallas should have gotten beat the first time. 

Even with the secondary struggling like it did the Falcons had alot of chances for big plays vs the Packers.

If we got to play them again and Ryan is as sharp as he was Sunday then I think the game would be very very different.

1 hour ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

35 minutes ago, falcndave said:

2 games vs. Saints. 2 games vs. the Bucs. A game in KC. With five losses, we have to sweep everyone else and go at least 3-2 in these five games. If we do that...we'll be ready for anyone in the playoffs. 

That's why I said "By some miracle" but feel free to play along if you want.

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr
3 hours ago, kschreck said:

What is this thing called pass rush that you speak of?

One of my favorite FB posts I ever made was a couple of years ago when I said "what is this new thing where Falcons players tackle the opposing quarterback behind the line of scrimmage?  Seems like a good strategy honestly.  Has anyone else tried this?"

Somebody said it earlier but I would want the easiest opponents not the most difficult.

NFC-

East-Dallas or Philadelphia (w/worse record than us?)

North-Green Bay

South-Tampa Bay

West-Seattle (best record?)

Wild Cards-Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans or Arizona?

Week 1 - Seattle-bye, Green Bay vs. NO/Ariz, Tampa Bay vs. Atlanta, Dallas/Phil vs. Chicago

Week 2 - Seattle vs. NO/Ariz?, Dallas/Phil vs. Atlanta?

Championship - NO/Ariz vs. Atlanta

Super Bowl - Kansas City? vs. Atlanta (not easy but a rematch of a week 16 we won?)

This is a wish but this town is overdue for some good luck

47 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

One of my favorite FB posts I ever made was a couple of years ago when I said "what is this new thing where Falcons players tackle the opposing quarterback behind the line of scrimmage?  Seems like a good strategy honestly.  Has anyone else tried this?"

😃

I've heard if you tackle the QB behind the LOS it makes things harder on the offense.

Seattle.....because they are the best team of that group.

If this Falcons team can make the playoffs...what better way to add to there momentum than to put the best possible team in front of them. Win that game too...and the Falcons are a force that no team will want to face. 

Now...back from dream land....lets be real.  We know the Falcons can go 6-2 just like last season...meaning 5-2 over the next 7 games. At that point they are 6-7. With 7 teams making the playoffs this year that means that if you go 9-7 you have roughly a 50% chance of making the playoffs. So could the Falcons win there final 3 games?   Tough sledding I'm afraid as those 3 games will be against the Brady Buccaneers twice and KC.  Miracle needed? not quite imo....but it is one heck of a tall order. 

Lets just take care of the Lions first and do so in a manner that would at least rival what You think TB or KC would do to the Lions. Then we can talk more.

10 hours ago, octoslash said:

What is this weird obsession people have about wanting to play better teams than theirs?  

I don't want  to see Russell Wilson again unless he's in traction watching that playoff game from his hospital bed.

Give me the Dalton-led Cowboys or the Chicago Mirages...I mean Bears.  

👅

My man