Unleash the gradient | Lions vs. Falcons

1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Im sure im in the minority but I think these are actually going to look really good as an alt jersey. I know people still hate the new jersey's (ill admit there are times when they look too "solid", especially with Ridley) but I think they are definitely an upgrade.

Its also kind of ironic we are moving in a new direction and moving on from the "choke" jobs we have had in the old jerseys.

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Im sure im in the minority but I think these are actually going to look really good as an alt jersey. I know people still hate the new jersey's (ill admit there are times when they look too "solid", especially with Ridley) but I think they are definitely an upgrade.

Its also kind of ironic we are moving in a new direction and moving on from the "choke" jobs we have had in the old jerseys.

I think I've finally come to an understanding of why I'm not sold on the new uniforms yet. Lack of depth. I think the jersey's would be fine with silver pants to pick up some of the silver used elsewhere in the uniform. That would give them some depth. I think that may be the same as your idea of "too solid" . I agree. Add some depth with the third color and I think we'd have a winner. Personally I'd like to see the red helmets come back also but even staying with the black ones, a little depth would be nice.

Falc Unis.jpg

Just now, slider said:

I think I've finally come to an understanding of why I'm not sold on the new uniforms yet. Lack of depth. I think the jersey's would be fine with silver pants to pick up some of the silver used elsewhere in the uniform. That would give them some depth. I think that may be the same as your idea of "too solid" . I agree. Add some depth with the third color and I think we'd have a winner. Personally I'd like to see the red helmets come back also but even staying with the black ones, a little depth would be nice.

Falc Unis.jpg

Man that’s a good looking uniform

Let's call these A, B, C, and D left to right.

Atlanta Falcons' new uniforms released after photos were ...

A is fine but would be perfect with black socks, which would balance the helmet.  Your top and bottom should somewhat match. 

B would be just great with white pants.

C is alright for an alternate.  At least it has red, which has been the Falcons main color through their history.

D is a nice looking throwback.

---

Now having said that.....

Would it have killed them to just go with the ones that are almost universally loved?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.iGuSJz9h-l4_M98ISrbEawHaJo%26pid%3DApi&f=1

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

A is fine but would be perfect with black socks, which would balance the helmet.  Your top and bottom should somewhat match. 

C is alright for an alternate.  At least it has red, which has been the Falcons main color through their history.

---

Would it have killed them to just go with the ones that are almost universally loved?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.iGuSJz9h-l4_M98ISrbEawHaJo%26pid%3DApi&f=1

I am marvinthemartian and I approve this message.

16 minutes ago, slider said:

Falc Unis.jpg

I am not sold on the uniforms yet either. Sometimes they look fire and other times not sure if I like them. But they can play in a generic crappy uniform if the talent is there and they can win a super bowl, and I wouldn't care. 

I like all of the new uniforms.  The classic look of NFL uniforms has gotten stale in my opinion.  When the Broncos changed, there seemed to be a lot of talk about how ugly they were and the style made them look like an arena league team.  Same with Seattle and that seafoam green.  I think "New" is refreshing.  I'm a UGA alum and I don't get the "infatuation" with looking like we looked 40 or 50 years ago.  Think about it, how many people would really like for cars, clothes, shoes, and houses to look like they looked 50 years ago.  I understand classic and traditional, but everything eventually needs an update.  One man's opinion.

My father wanted a "Red" jersey for Father's Day.  I ordered him the red gradient jersey (Gurley) and it still has not shipped.  They initially said it would ships in September, but it got pushed back to November.  It will be Christmas at this rate before he gets it.  I'm not sure why its taken so long with this jersey.

1 minute ago, isproab said:

I like all of the new uniforms.  The classic look of NFL uniforms has gotten stale in my opinion.  When the Broncos changed, there seemed to be a lot of talk about how ugly they were and the style made them look like an arena league team.  Same with Seattle and that seafoam green.  I think "New" is refreshing.  I'm a UGA alum and I don't get the "infatuation" with looking like we looked 40 or 50 years ago.  Think about it, how many people would really like for cars, clothes, shoes, and houses to look like they looked 50 years ago.  I understand classic and traditional, but everything eventually needs an update.  One man's opinion.

My father wanted a "Red" jersey for Father's Day.  I ordered him the red gradient jersey (Gurley) and it still has not shipped.  They initially said it would ships in September, but it got pushed back to November.  It will be Christmas at this rate before he gets it.  I'm not sure why its taken so long with this jersey.

I think the new uniforms have more of a link to the past than the ones they just changed from but in my opinion you can improve the current uniforms with a bit of color and hit the sweet spot between new and roots. 

2 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Year one of the uniforms. They aren't going to change any time soon. A "spruce up" with another helmet, if the NFL allows it, maybe some silver pants to match the face-mask (both things the team has stated they will consider), but nothing big is gonna make these sweet unis go away. Sorry.

Falcons release new uniforms and NFL fans have jokes | Sporting News

i've never been a fan of monochromatic uniforms, so i can't wait to see the 2 combos on the far left of that pic. and the grey pants to match the facemasks would be a nice touch. i don't care what anybody says, the jerseys have grown on me, can't wait til i get my hands on one.

Okay, I'm going to be the deviant who likes the grandient jersey, black pants, socks and black helmet the best. Yeah, even better than the all-black. Actually thought the gradient was tacky bordering on  ludicrous at first, but somehow I'm over that and like them best of all now. Crazy senior citizens, what can you say? lol.  :lol:

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

---

Look its the last time we had a pass rusher and a rb

1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Year one of the uniforms. They aren't going to change any time soon. A "spruce up" with another helmet, if the NFL allows it, maybe some silver pants to match the face-mask (both things the team has stated they will consider), but nothing big is gonna make these sweet unis go away. Sorry.

Falcons release new uniforms and NFL fans have jokes | Sporting News

It would look better if they got rid of the red side piping on the shirts.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Okay, I'm going to be the deviant who likes the grandient jersey, black pants, socks and black helmet the best. Yeah, even better than the all-black. Actually thought the gradient was tacky bordering on  ludicrous at first, but somehow I'm over that and like them best of all now. Crazy senior citizens, what can you say? lol.  :lol:

I think its the red.  For me, as a kid of the 70's in ATL, the red just says "Falcons."  I think the all whites would be fine with silver britches. 

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

---

BOOM!!!!  This whole poste^^^^^