Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woooooo! So much hate on this pick. He was killed before his first pro snap by unknowledgable fans who broad stroked the kid based off of 1 play in college.

You ever played corner back?

3 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

You kinda do need to have played it to FULLY understand how difficult it is to get good at.

Also, Russ was supposed to pick on him. That's qb 101 when facing a rookie cb. That's going to keep happening until he, AJ, makes them stop. That takes time. It also requires, what my coach called "dynamic patience" from him. 

That meant, as long as I was learning from my last play, I get a "next play". AJ is progressing fine. 

Not to mention that was HIS FIRST NFL GAME EVER.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

He got roasted by Seattle. Badly.

Man, I’m telling you bro. This is the sort of irresponsible response that always chaps me.

Whenever we try to get behind one of our players, here comes the unfair comparison to the best players in the league.

We have our rookie corner in his debut after zero camp due to Covid, playing against the best QB in the league who can cripple even great defenses.  Then after dealing with 4 more difficult NFL teams & is recognized for being the best rook CB to date, YOU dismiss him by pulling the Russell Wilson cheap shot card.

Does anyone here see how ****** up this is on it’s face? Are you guys tired of this crap? What is it about our fans when this attitude permeates many of our posters?

Maybe when we begin pulling for our players as they grow, maybe it will begin a groundswell of attitude change about our team(s). Me included.

This is the exact sort of mean spirited, unfair stuff that MR endured his entire career.  We need to grow up around here I think. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Man, I’m telling you bro. This is the sort of irresponsible response that always chaps me.

Whenever we try to get behind one of our players, here comes the unfair comparison to the best players in the league.

We have our rookie corner in his debut after zero camp due to Covid, playing against the best QB in the league who can cripple even great defenses.  Then after dealing with 4 more difficult NFL teams & is recognized for being the best rook CB to date, YOU dismiss him by pulling the Russell Wilson cheap shot card.

Does anyone here see how ****** up this is on it’s face? Are you guys tired of this crap? What is it about our fans when this attitude permeates many of our posters?

Maybe when we begin pulling for our players as they grow, maybe it will begin a groundswell of attitude change about our team(s). Me included.

This is the exact sort of mean spirited, unfair stuff that MR endured his entire career.  We need to grow up around here I think. 

 

I completely agree.

And besides that one play by DK Metcalf, a double move, late in the game, I don't recall him giving up any big plays by Seattle.

Kid is solid as they come thus far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

You need to play cornerback to see someone is getting beat? Never said it was an easy position but he got picked on by Russ. He has has some good games since so hopefully it continues.

Sorry fam, you said something slightly negative in a positive player thread. Wait 5 years, if Terrell is Beasley status, you’ll be clowned for not saying something negative 🙄

 

seriously though, you’re right. He’s improved as the year went on, not sure why people think he needs an excuse for improving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Man, I’m telling you bro. This is the sort of irresponsible response that always chaps me.

Whenever we try to get behind one of our players, here comes the unfair comparison to the best players in the league.

We have our rookie corner in his debut after zero camp due to Covid, playing against the best QB in the league who can cripple even great defenses.  Then after dealing with 4 more difficult NFL teams & is recognized for being the best rook CB to date, YOU dismiss him by pulling the Russell Wilson cheap shot card.

Does anyone here see how ****** up this is on it’s face? Are you guys tired of this crap? What is it about our fans when this attitude permeates many of our posters?

Maybe when we begin pulling for our players as they grow, maybe it will begin a groundswell of attitude change about our team(s). Me included.

This is the exact sort of mean spirited, unfair stuff that MR endured his entire career.  We need to grow up around here I think. 

 

It is hilarious to me how sensitive some of you are when it comes to saying a player had a bad game. Get over it. I even said in my post that he has improved since that game so hopefully it continues.

It's not a crime to admit someone played poorly. Rookie or veteran, a bad game is a bad game and he stunk up the joint in Seattle. He played great vs Dallas and Minnesota. Mediocre vs Carolina. As a rookie normally does, he will go through his ups and downs. I don't sugercoat things though when someone plays bad. I don't care if it's Julio Jones, Matt Ryan or anyone else if you suck you will be called out for it.

You sound like the Dan Quinn style of fan. Clap and say all is okay no matter what instead of holding these players accountable. They get paid millions of dollars to play a kids game. If they can't take a little criticism when they play poorly...BOO HOO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Resency bias from his last college game. Negative views

Resency bias from his last pro game. Positive views 

A lot of season left before we have an accurate view of AJ. He's a rookie and will have ups and downs.

 

Fans are very much a what have you done for me lately group.  I heard Matt Ryan was washed before the Vikings game too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

It is hilarious to me how sensitive some of you are when it comes to saying a player had a bad game. Get over it. I even said in my post that he has improved since that game so hopefully it continues.

It's not a crime to admit someone played poorly. Rookie or veteran, a bad game is a bad game and he stunk up the joint in Seattle. He played great vs Dallas and Minnesota. Mediocre vs Carolina. As a rookie normally does, he will go through his ups and downs. I don't sugercoat things though when someone plays bad. I don't care if it's Julio Jones, Matt Ryan or anyone else if you suck you will be called out for it.

You sound like the Dan Quinn style of fan. Clap and say all is okay no matter what instead of holding these players accountable. They get paid millions of dollars to play a kids game. If they can't take a little criticism when they play poorly...BOO HOO.

I agree with everything here, especially if it’s a player they like.  Bash Ryan, but lay off the player they like.  Sometimes people take their lumps.  Did Terrell had a rough game first game in the pros?  Yes.  Was it expected being a rookie corner.  Yes.  Did I think less of him after that game?  No.  All those things can be true.

What I don’t agree with is it being a kids game, I personally hate when that take is brought up and still used.  Just because kids play a version of it, doesn’t make it a kids game.  Kids don’t play it the same way pro’s do, don’t hit, don’t have the complex schemes, don’t wear the stress from fans and media and don’t put the time into it.   It’s like saying contractors make a bunch of money and comparing it to kids playing with legos, it’s completely different.  In reality, those kids are playing a watered down version of an adults game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Man, I’m telling you bro. This is the sort of irresponsible response that always chaps me.

Whenever we try to get behind one of our players, here comes the unfair comparison to the best players in the league.

We have our rookie corner in his debut after zero camp due to Covid, playing against the best QB in the league who can cripple even great defenses.  Then after dealing with 4 more difficult NFL teams & is recognized for being the best rook CB to date, YOU dismiss him by pulling the Russell Wilson cheap shot card.

Does anyone here see how ****** up this is on it’s face? Are you guys tired of this crap? What is it about our fans when this attitude permeates many of our posters?

Maybe when we begin pulling for our players as they grow, maybe it will begin a groundswell of attitude change about our team(s). Me included.

This is the exact sort of mean spirited, unfair stuff that MR endured his entire career.  We need to grow up around here I think. 

 

And on top of that...it was his  FIRST GAME EVER. Good god

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

It is hilarious to me how sensitive some of you are when it comes to saying a player had a bad game. Get over it. I even said in my post that he has improved since that game so hopefully it continues.

It's not a crime to admit someone played poorly. Rookie or veteran, a bad game is a bad game and he stunk up the joint in Seattle. He played great vs Dallas and Minnesota. Mediocre vs Carolina. As a rookie normally does, he will go through his ups and downs. I don't sugercoat things though when someone plays bad. I don't care if it's Julio Jones, Matt Ryan or anyone else if you suck you will be called out for it.

You sound like the Dan Quinn style of fan. Clap and say all is okay no matter what instead of holding these players accountable. They get paid millions of dollars to play a kids game. If they can't take a little criticism when they play poorly...BOO HOO.

It’s even more hilarious to me how all this went right over your head.

You completely missed my point & the point of the OP thread.

Your answer only further proves my point that you’re not interested in the positive approach to the thread lmao!  Your entire end game is to find the negative angle & ignore the rest.

But please insult everyone’s intelligence & try to spin it like we’re just homers & are oblivious to the team’s overall problems.

You only make yourself look arrogant & out of touch, not me or anyone else.  But thanks for the fake lecture. :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rings said:

I agree with everything here, especially if it’s a player they like.  Bash Ryan, but lay off the player they like.  Sometimes people take their lumps.  Did Terrell had a rough game first game in the pros?  Yes.  Was it expected being a rookie corner.  Yes.  Did I think less of him after that game?  No.  All those things can be true.

What I don’t agree with is it being a kids game, I personally hate when that take is brought up and still used.  Just because kids play a version of it, doesn’t make it a kids game.  Kids don’t play it the same way pro’s do, don’t hit, don’t have the complex schemes, don’t wear the stress from fans and media and don’t put the time into it.   It’s like saying contractors make a bunch of money and comparing it to kids playing with legos, it’s completely different.  In reality, those kids are playing a watered down version of an adults game.

More so just a saying. Obviously the pro game of football is a whole different level of complexity, skill and knowledge. But at the end of the day, their job is still to play a game while making millions doing so. It's every kids dream job. If they can't take some criticism or heat then they likely are weak minded and won't make it far anyway. 

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

And on top of that...it was his  FIRST GAME EVER. Good god

Saying he had a bad game does not mean he is a bad player. apparently some of you can't seem to separate the two. He played really bad it's okay to admit that. You don't have to make excuses for him. He rebounded fine since and is doing better which we're all happy for. 

38 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

It’s even more hilarious to me how all this went right over your head.

You completely missed my point & the point of the OP thread.

Your answer only further proves my point that you’re not interested in the positive approach to the thread lmao!  Your entire end game is to find the negative angle & ignore the rest.

But please insult everyone’s intelligence & try to spin it like we’re just homers & are oblivious to the team’s overall problems.

You only make yourself look arrogant & out of touch, not me or anyone else.  But thanks for the fake lecture. :rolleyes:

Yes because what I Said in the beginning of this thread was soooo negative right? 

"Every week he has been getting better. Started off terribly but he is heading in the right direction. Was not a fan when we drafted him but hopefully he proves me wrong."

Please do tell me how this is not a positive approach? I would love to hear it. You got your feelings hurt all because I said Seattle torched him after I responded to someone asking me How he started terribly 😂 Guess what? THEY DID. It happened. Its not the end of the world. He is getting better by the week and that's great. Literally what I said but I guess reading is hard huh? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

More so just a saying. Obviously the pro game of football is a whole different level of complexity, skill and knowledge. But at the end of the day, their job is still to play a game while making millions doing so. It's every kids dream job. If they can't take some criticism or heat then they likely are weak minded and won't make it far anyway. 

Saying he had a bad game does not mean he is a bad player. apparently some of you can't seem to separate the two. He played really bad it's okay to admit that. You don't have to make excuses for him. He rebounded fine since and is doing better which we're all happy for. 

Yes because what I Said in the beginning of this thread was soooo negative right? 

"Every week he has been getting better. Started off terribly but he is heading in the right direction. Was not a fan when we drafted him but hopefully he proves me wrong."

Please do tell me how this is not a positive approach? I would love to hear it. You got your feelings hurt all because I said Seattle torched him after I responded to someone asking me How he started terribly 😂 Guess what? THEY DID. It happened. Its not the end of the world. He is getting better by the week and that's great. Literally what I said but I guess reading is hard huh? 

Nobody is making excuses. They are calling  it like it is. Terrell is a rookie, playing with terrible safeties. You don’t need to get defensive and start throwing the “y’all are so sensitive” BS. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...