Do you think that Dan Quinn lost the locker room?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe, but I'm a Quinn fan. This franchise didnt give him an elite QB to work with. We're a dynasty under Quinn with Luck, Prime Brady (not 2019-present version) or Wilson...

You’re so dumb lol 

I think Quinn lost his ability (if he ever had it) to run practices effectively in order for the team to be prepared. I think Shanahan made the team better through his running of the offense in practices, and that it rubbed off on the defense to at least step up at times. The defense was forced to practice against a very good offense, and that in turn made them better. After Shanahan's departure the offense became less dynamic, and the defense fell off even more. This trend continued until the change in running the defense last season, where we saw the team play better. I don't know if Quinn ever really had a grasp on how to prepare this team, because for the last three seasons the team looked unprepared more often than not, and completely unable to overcome adversity. DQ was never up to the task of being an head coach IMO.

Based on what the players and ex-falcons have said when interviewed, it doesn't sound like he lost the locker room but they definitely lost confidence and something had to change. 

Quinn needed to go but I wouldn't get too excited over what we saw Sunday. Minnesota stinks and that was a back to the wall game for the players without the HC and GM around to take the heat if they loss. Also, getting Julio back was big.

They are hitting a run of other loser teams so it was a good time to boot the coach and make it look effective. 

42 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I think Quinn lost his ability (if he ever had it) to run practices effectively in order for the team to be prepared. I think Shanahan made the team better through his running of the offense in practices, and that it rubbed off on the defense to at least step up at times. The defense was forced to practice against a very good offense, and that in turn made them better. After Shanahan's departure the offense became less dynamic, and the defense fell off even more. This trend continued until the change in running the defense last season, where we saw the team play better. I don't know if Quinn ever really had a grasp on how to prepare this team, because for the last three seasons the team looked unprepared more often than not, and completely unable to overcome adversity. DQ was never up to the task of being an head coach IMO.

None of us knows for sure, but I think this is the most likely scenario, and you put it very well.

1 hour ago, FalconsDream said:

Wilson doesn't fumble in Superbowl 51. Wilson beats Brady in SB 51. 

Quinn + Wilson is a dynasty. Ryan held us back..

Wilson throws an interception at the goal line instead of audibling to Marshawn Lynch thereby directly losing a Super Bowl....just posting this for a friend.