Someone tell me why Andrew Luck gets more praised than Matt Ryan?

1 minute ago, Killing Floor said:

Ok. We can keep going. Or as my Tennessee grandma says, “bury it in the yard and bark at it why don’t ya”.

Yes. 100% the reason Matty never gets more respect than Luck is 28-3.  Don’t blame me or anybody else for that.  Asked and answered.

And no HoF at-large will ever forget that.  

But you can scrawl notes into your manifesto and post a follow up in 20 years if I’m wrong.  

If making you have a meltdown that that Ryan isn’t as respected as Luck is wrong, I don’t want to be right.  

And you never answered the question.  Why do you think the sports world is so hard on Ryan?

I love that saying by your grandmother!

What’s weird is most everyone forgot all about Luck bro. I know I did. Then this thread popped up for some reason.

I think the thread was propositioning trolls to further sink themselves. That’s about all it is.

I think it’s already proven MR is better & has longevity on his side.  You must have missed my post on this earlier in the thread.

LOL @ meltdown, you’re swinging ‘ missing horribly now.  Pffft.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember Ryan's 4th down conversion for a TD last week. He rolled out, thought about running for it. He got cut off and backed up a step for separation then lofted a soft fall back jumper to Julio who

1 post... seems legit

Because he was supposed to be the league's heir apparent of Peyton Manning.   I liken Ryan to Jim Kelly. Kelly was one of the better QBs of his time and was really good, but never got the re

Posted Images

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

I love that saying by your grandmother!

What’s weird is most everyone forgot all about Luck bro. I know I did. Then this thread popped up for some reason.

I think the thread was propositioning trolls to further sink themselves. That’s about all it is.

I think it’s already proven MR is better & has longevity on his side.  You must have missed my post on this earlier in the thread.

LOL @ meltdown, you’re swinging ‘ missing horribly now.  Pffft.

Brother, that’s my favorite saying!

She had a lot of brassy gems. 

W today for sure. W at CAR. Let’s go!

53 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Oh, and “hate” is probably too strong a word for sports. I am a Falcons fan for life, as long as I can remember, since 1972.  I stepped off the Ryan Train, though.  

Whine about it and blame me for blowing his and our 1 shot if you want. I’m good. 

TBH, just because lots of folks defend MR it’s not because we all think he’s the goat or because we think he’s infallible.

Most of it derives from a small percentage of hateful people, who for whatever reason, choose to unfairly go after him.  AND mostly because he’s been one **** of a QB for our franchise & the nfl overall.  It’s not even close to a debatable topic, but then again, hate drives some folks to lie & slander his name. 

I think most here are willing to begin looking past MR as we set ourselves up for the next HC & GM in the not too distant future.  But he’s not even close to the reason this team has sucked.  So an imprudent move this early wouldn’t be beneficial.

It’s all good though partner.

58 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

TBH, just because lots of folks defend MR it’s not because we all think he’s the goat or because we think he’s infallible.

Most of it derives from a small percentage of hateful people, who for whatever reason, choose to unfairly go after him.  AND mostly because he’s been one **** of a QB for our franchise & the nfl overall.  It’s not even close to a debatable topic, but then again, hate drives some folks to lie & slander his name. 

I think most here are willing to begin looking past MR as we set ourselves up for the next HC & GM in the not too distant future.  But he’s not even close to the reason this team has sucked.  So an imprudent move this early wouldn’t be beneficial.

It’s all good though partner.

That’s fair. I’m in for life win or lose. I don’t hate anyone. Well, maybe Belichick. 

Lets go. W today at home. 

On 10/25/2020 at 10:37 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

Not many second tier quarterbacks on top 10 all time passing lists. You don't want to die on that hill. 

Not many second tier QBs throw for over 5k yards, but look who joined that club just last year. And that guy ain't even second tier.

Brady, Manning, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, those are the S tier guys. Maybe even Rivers. Ryan is a **** good QB but he has never been in the conversation of top 5 QBs any year he has played.  Even the MVP year people credited Shanny more than him.  He's always been in the second tier of guys. 

3 minutes ago, caradoc said:

Not many second tier QBs throw for over 5k yards, but look who joined that club just last year. And that guy ain't even second tier.

Brady, Manning, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, those are the S tier guys. Maybe even Rivers. Ryan is a **** good QB but he has never been in the conversation of top 5 QBs any year he has played.  Even the MVP year people credited Shanny more than him.  He's always been in the second tier of guys. 

He's been top 5 several years and Rivers should not be mentioned in the same breath imho.  I think Ice has been a top 10 QB his entire career and that's not bad. 

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He's been top 5 several years and Rivers should not be mentioned in the same breath imho.  I think Ice has been a top 10 QB his entire career and that's not bad. 

Why does Rivers have a higher career QB rating than Ryan if he should not be mentioned in the same breathe? Is that the homer in you speaking?

6 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Why does Rivers have a higher career QB rating than Ryan if he should not be mentioned in the same breathe? Is that the homer in you speaking?

We talk about winning all the time, what has Rivers won? And I didn't research this, but I'm willing to say Rivers has had better defense than Ice throughout his career. 

Okay, I pooched this one, they are very comparable.  My bad. 

Games (G)

Matt Ryan 195

Philip Rivers 234

Games Started (GS)

Matt Ryan 195

Philip Rivers 230

Wins as Starter

Matt Ryan 110

Philip Rivers 127

Losses as Starter

Matt Ryan 85

Philip Rivers 103

Ties as Starter

Matt Ryan 0

Philip Rivers 0

Winning Percentage

Matt Ryan .564%

Philip Rivers .552%

Pass Completions (Cmp)

Matt Ryan 4,619

Philip Rivers 5,046

Passing Attempts (Att)

Matt Ryan 7,061

Philip Rivers 7,789

Completion Percentage (Cmp%)

Matt Ryan 65.4

Philip Rivers 64.8

Passing Yards (Yds)

Matt Ryan 53,029

Philip Rivers 60,869

Touchdown Passes (TD)

Matt Ryan 332

Philip Rivers 404

Touchdown Percentage (TD%)

Matt Ryan 4.7%

Philip Rivers 5.2%

Interceptions Thrown (Int)

Matt Ryan 150

Philip Rivers 204

Interception Percentage (INT%)

Matt Ryan 2.1

Philip Rivers 2.6

Game Winning Drives (GWD)

Matt Ryan 39

Philip Rivers 34

Yards per Pass Attempt (Y/A)

Matt Ryan 7.5

Philip Rivers 7.8

Adjusted Yards per Pass Attempt (AY/A)

Matt Ryan 7.5

Philip Rivers 7.7

Yards Gained per Pass Completion (Y/C)

Matt Ryan 11.5

Philip Rivers 12.1

Yards Gained per Games Played (Y/G)

Matt Ryan 271.9

Philip Rivers 260.1

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We talk about winning all the time, what has Rivers won? And I didn't research this, but I'm willing to say Rivers has had better defense than Ice throughout his career. 

Okay, I pooched this one, they are very comparable.  My bad. 

Games (G)

Matt Ryan 195

Philip Rivers 234

Games Started (GS)

Matt Ryan 195

Philip Rivers 230

Wins as Starter

Matt Ryan 110

Philip Rivers 127

Losses as Starter

Matt Ryan 85

Philip Rivers 103

Ties as Starter

Matt Ryan 0

Philip Rivers 0

Winning Percentage

Matt Ryan .564%

Philip Rivers .552%

Pass Completions (Cmp)

Matt Ryan 4,619

Philip Rivers 5,046

Passing Attempts (Att)

Matt Ryan 7,061

Philip Rivers 7,789

Completion Percentage (Cmp%)

Matt Ryan 65.4

Philip Rivers 64.8

Passing Yards (Yds)

Matt Ryan 53,029

Philip Rivers 60,869

Touchdown Passes (TD)

Matt Ryan 332

Philip Rivers 404

Touchdown Percentage (TD%)

Matt Ryan 4.7%

Philip Rivers 5.2%

Interceptions Thrown (Int)

Matt Ryan 150

Philip Rivers 204

Interception Percentage (INT%)

Matt Ryan 2.1

Philip Rivers 2.6

Game Winning Drives (GWD)

Matt Ryan 39

Philip Rivers 34

Yards per Pass Attempt (Y/A)

Matt Ryan 7.5

Philip Rivers 7.8

Adjusted Yards per Pass Attempt (AY/A)

Matt Ryan 7.5

Philip Rivers 7.7

Yards Gained per Pass Completion (Y/C)

Matt Ryan 11.5

Philip Rivers 12.1

Yards Gained per Games Played (Y/G)

Matt Ryan 271.9

Philip Rivers 260.1

Lol its all good Rivers was a pretty dang good QB that has just about every franchise record same with Matt. 

1 minute ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Lol its all good Rivers was a pretty dang good QB that has just about every franchise record same with Matt. 

Yep, I never wanted to put him up there with Ice, but man, after looking at it, they are pretty much interchangeable. I just never like the way he would up and threw the ball, it always looked funny to me. 

6 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, I never wanted to put him up there with Ice, but man, after looking at it, they are pretty much interchangeable. I just never like the way he would up and threw the ball, it always looked funny to me. 

He shock-puts the ball down the field, I aint never seen nothing like it. Some throws are pretty but some look goofy as ****. But he’s rarely mentioned with the bradys and rodgers but he’s put up some great stats comparable to those guys.