Jump to content

Someone tell me why Andrew Luck gets more praised than Matt Ryan?


BirdGangATL
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

Maybe Fields?? if we are in a position to get him.. I say get him unless you have a team willing to trade up for him...

Then we can have a qb on ir with a broken leg from not recognizing when to throw the ball away. Need qb with good pocket presence, good at reading defenses, good at checkdowns, and ability to evade a rush. Don't need so.eone to rack up 800 yards rushing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

You'll be aight with it. You gone hafta be.

Deflection is a tactic for the hurt and the weak.  You don't have to act all internet tough guy you honestly are coming off quite sad as now at least three people have called out.  

I'm sure your response will be along the lines of you don't care or that's your problem or triggered lmao which is cool but you very much are one of "those" posters now, and you know exactly what I'm talking about.  Maybe time to step away for a bit and reevaluate.

Anyway well wishes to you and yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, BirdGangATL said:

When all he does is get hurt and barely make the playoffs and turn the ball over all the time?  While Ryan a former MVP who took the falcons to the nfc championship twice and 1 super bowl appearance but yet Luck is praised like he a a shoo in for the HOF?  

Chicks dig the long ball!

It's all about the arm strength. You've got people praising the likes of Cam Newton over Matt Ryan! If you can throw the ball 75yds with a flick of the wrist, you're a god no matter what the results. I think people are just hardwired that way. Just like a .200 hitter in baseball that trips over his own feet and is worthless in the field but he's 6'3" 225lbs and can hit homers one handed. In high school and college that's the guy scouts are clamoring to see, not the kid that hasn't made an error in 3 years and hits .550 but low power numbers. It's that way in every sport really. Some guys have to climb mountains to make it to the top and others just hop a ride!

Edited by slider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, athell said:

Deflection is a tactic for the hurt and the weak.  You don't have to act all internet tough guy you honestly are coming off quite sad as now at least three people have called out.  

I'm sure your response will be along the lines of you don't care or that's your problem or triggered lmao which is cool but you very much are one of "those" posters now, and you know exactly what I'm talking about.  Maybe time to step away for a bit and reevaluate.

Anyway well wishes to you and yours.

This is a very interesting response.

You and whoever else, seem to feel the need to "check" me for some odd reason. But, just so me, you and anybody else who wants to chime in, can be clear on some things, let me spit a bit:

1. I was always one of "those" posters since day 1. I take pride in that.

2. I don't take any of this as personally as you want me to. It's fun!

3. I think some of y'all got stung with a response that you thought you were excluded from receiving and now your pie is hurt.

There is a solution to all of this:

Ignore me. Just don't read or respond to my posts. That way, you won't run the risk of having to even deal with me on such a level that you even have to have an opinion about my state of mind or well being. Just go be with the rest of the "cool kids" and let me just be me in my "those posters" category.

SerpentineDisgustingCaecilian-size_restr

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Luck:

Most NFL wins for rookie quarterback?  is that still current?  11-5?

Beat Manning's single season passing yards.

Previously held NFL single season and single game passing yards records.

2nd place all time passing TDs first 6 seasons.

3rd all time passing yards first 6 seasons, just edging out Ryan.

89.9 Lifetime passer rating.

***Ryan has a much better lifetime passer rating.  And to the point, Luck has had his career stalled by injuries.  

It's easy to say the Colts aren't that great.  But if you look at Luck on his own he's been a consistent producer.  

You can love the Falcons and Matt Ryan and still accept that Andrew Luck has also been really great for Indy.

 

But the quick and harsh answer to your OP:

When these chaps are retired and guest color commentators on ESPN or doing infomercials and the HoF nominations are in every year, there's one stat that Andrew Luck will never be able to take from Matt Ryan, 28-3.  Now if Ryan wins not one Super Bowl, but a few, enough to smooth over the most significant, badgering record he holds, then he'll regain the respect of the NFL and the football fans outside of ATL and probably HoF.  Until then, ain't nobody ever going to take him as a serious HoF jacket winner.  He'll win some games and hopefully turn this year and next year around.  But he won't get out from under that 1 game until he wins the ship more than once.  And for all Ryan's MVP and franchise records 28-3 is his legend until he changes it.  I hate it for him because I know he's been a great QB, best we've ever had.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Hard to stay healthy when he was hit far more than any other QB during his span 

Ryan's been the most hit QB more than a few seasons as well, but you're not wrong. The Colts ruined Luck's career. He's not the first promising QB to get washed out of the league because his OLine shell shocked him either.

We're lucky Ryan at least started with a decent OLine and ground game. If he had jumped into our team under Koetter he might have had his love of football beaten out of him too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Luck:

Most NFL wins for rookie quarterback?  is that still current?  11-5?

Beat Manning's single season passing yards.

Previously held NFL single season and single game passing yards records.

2nd place all time passing TDs first 6 seasons.

3rd all time passing yards first 6 seasons, just edging out Ryan.

89.9 Lifetime passer rating.

***Ryan has a much better lifetime passer rating.  And to the point, Luck has had his career stalled by injuries.  

It's easy to say the Colts aren't that great.  But if you look at Luck on his own he's been a consistent producer.  

You can love the Falcons and Matt Ryan and still accept that Andrew Luck has also been really great for Indy.

 

But the quick and harsh answer to your OP:

When these chaps are retired and guest color commentators on ESPN or doing infomercials and the HoF nominations are in every year, there's one stat that Andrew Luck will never be able to take from Matt Ryan, 28-3.  Now if Ryan wins not one Super Bowl, but a few, enough to smooth over the most significant, badgering record he holds, then he'll regain the respect of the NFL and the football fans outside of ATL and probably HoF.  Until then, ain't nobody ever going to take him as a serious HoF jacket winner.  He'll win some games and hopefully turn this year and next year around.  But he won't get out from under that 1 game until he wins the ship more than once.  And for all Ryan's MVP and franchise records 28-3 is his legend until he changes it.  I hate it for him because I know he's been a great QB, best we've ever had.  

Your last paragraph absolutely, cogently and articulately sums up Ryan's career in the eyes of non homers. Most if not all posters in here will cringe at that last paragraph. But it is the truth. Great post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Ryan's been the most hit QB more than a few seasons as well, but you're not wrong. The Colts ruined Luck's career. He's not the first promising QB to get washed out of the league because his OLine shell shocked him either.

We're lucky Ryan at least started with a decent OLine and ground game. If he had jumped into our team under Koetter he might have had his love of football beaten out of him too.

Luck was the leader from 2012-2014 and he wasn’t far behind his other years of play. They literally beat him to death. 

He was pressured an average 16 times a game in his career that leads the league among all QBs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Luck was the leader from 2012-2014 and he wasn’t far behind his other years of play. They literally beat him to death. 

He was pressured an average 16 times a game in his career that leads the league among all QBs. 

That's a big reason I think it's better to build the team then find the QB instead of the other way around. If you drop a franchise QB into a terrible team you can ruin him before he ever has a chance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s face it, Andrew Luck was a very smart, talented QB just like MR.

Much like Matt, he had to compensate for many franchise shortcomings where personnel on both sides of the ball never fully materialized.

It cost Luck his career & fortunately for us, MR has been able to endure the punishment.

Outside of those things, the comparison is used as a tool by a few trolls to hate on MR. But it’s easy to see through that nonsense. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Let’s face it, Andrew Luck was a very smart, talented QB just like MR.

Much like Matt, he had to compensate for many franchise shortcomings where personnel on both sides of the ball never fully materialized.

It cost Luck his career & fortunately for us, MR has been able to endure the punishment.

Outside of those things, the comparison is used as a tool by a few trolls to hate on MR. But it’s easy to see through that nonsense. 
 

It's so freakin obvious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...