Someone tell me why Andrew Luck gets more praised than Matt Ryan?

BirdGangATL

4 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

There's a lot of undeserving QBs that gets more praise than Ryan. I just chalk it up to three things...

1. He's boring

2. He plays in Atlanta

3. He doesn't have a ring

Although #3 would be irrelevant if #1 and #2 weren't so true.

I think it’s the opposite. If #3 weren’t true, much less people would care about #1 and #2. 

I’ve honestly never understood why Luck is so hated on these boards. Imo the dude was deserving of his title as one of the greatest QB prospects and lived up to it. The problem was that the Colts didn’t give him enough help especially after the first few years. Their drafts from 2013-2018 or so were all terrible and nearly all of them were off the team in just a couple of years. Btw, Luck isn’t making the HOF. If he had played another 4 years or so, then he probably would, but to make it with the few amount of years he played, he’d need to be pretty...lucky 😉

4 hours ago, BirdGangATL said:

When all he does is get hurt and barely make the playoffs and turn the ball over all the time?  While Ryan a former MVP who took the falcons to the nfc championship twice and 1 super bowl appearance but yet Luck is praised like he a a shoo in for the HOF?  

hE PlAy liK aNdY DaLtOn DoE hE TrAsH 🗑 🙄

30 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’ve honestly never understood why Luck is so hated on these boards. Imo the dude was deserving of his title as one of the greatest QB prospects and lived up to it. The problem was that the Colts didn’t give him enough help especially after the first few years. Their drafts from 2013-2018 or so were all terrible and nearly all of them were off the team in just a couple of years. Btw, Luck isn’t making the HOF. If he had played another 4 years or so, then he probably would, but to make it with the few amount of years he played, he’d need to be pretty...lucky 😉

They’re just insecure they can’t admit another QB is better than the guy they like so he must be trash

5 hours ago, athell said:

You gotta just google an image and copy the image address and paste it into your reply!

usa_today_11057835.0.jpg

I'm usually on my phone when I post. I copy the address and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Whenever it doesn't work, it's because of the file size is too big. I guess I'm just hit or miss on it lol.

1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I think it’s the opposite. If #3 weren’t true, much less people would care about #1 and #2. 

If he had a ring he might be able to get away with #1, but #2 would definitely hold him back. In Atlanta, you almost have to have the swag and dominant skill set of Prime or the excitement and moves of Vick. Ryan has neither. He could win a ring and still be forgotten outside the state of Georgia.

Luck essentially retired at the peak of his career even though injuries were the cause.  If I am calculating correctly, 2019 would have been Luck's 8th season.  Meanwhile, in Ryan's 8th season of 2016, he was winning the NFL MVP.

As for Luck vs. Ryan, the latter's durability over the last decade is one of the intangibles that is taken for granted by many Falcons fans.  I seriously wonder sometimes if he is playing through injuries that many other QB's would want to sit out for.