Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always enjoyed TD's interviews. Some are gonna look back and say he could never find a path rush which let's be honest is absolutely true, but he did a lotta great things here and I'm definitely gonna

I have always been a supporter of TD, but after the watching the video, I am truly glad that AB made the decision to move on.  He is a great guy, but his head is in the clouds. A couple of things

I'm personally of the opinion that Dimitroff has built a solid roster that has been poorly coached and I don't think he necessarily should have been fired at all though I get it, he definitely deserve

14 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

2009 and 2012 were horrible...lol. 2010 Weatherspoon was alright but that dude was always injured in College too. I knew he wouldnt stay healthy(Same with WilyMo in 2009)..Peters was ok for a 3rd rdr I guess...2011 got us Julio and nothing else..Akeem Dent was the next pick..lol

Worst of the worst (Rds 1-3):

2008- Sam Baker 1st

2009- Peria Jerry 1st, Chris Owens 3rd

2010-Mike Johnson 3rd

2011- Akeem Dent 3rd

2012- Peter Konz 2nd, Lamar Holmes 3rd

2014- Rashede Hageman 2nd, Dez Southward 3rd

2015- Vic Beasley 1st, Jalen Collins 2nd

2017- Takk McKinley 1st, Duke Riley 3rd

2018- Isaiah Oliver 2nd, Deadrin Senat 3rd

Best of the Best:

2008- Matt Ryan 1st

20010- Corey Peters 3rd

2011- Julio Jones 1st

2013- Desmond Trufant 1st, Robert Alford 2nd, Kemal Ishmael 7th

2014- Jake Matthews 1st, Devonta Freeman 4th, Rico Allen 5th

2015- Grady Jarrett 5th

2016- Keanu Neal 1st, Deion Jones 2nd, Austin Hooper 3rd, Devondre Campbell 4th

2017- Damontae Kazee 5th

2018- Calvin Ridley 1st, Russell Gage 6th, Foye Oluokun 6th

Some of these are debatable but it shows he has had his fair share of each with the good picks outweighing the bad IMO. Gonna hold off on the last two drafts for now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of yall just really need to learn to not take things so literally. For lack of a better way to say it, this is "coach speak"

He's speaking generally and not trying not to speak poorly about anyone who, he probably is still on good terms with, and, for all he knows, he may work with again in the future. He's not going to go on a public broadcast and point all or maybe even any of his own faults, or others.

Anyone coming to conclusions based on this nonsense is just making themselves look silly

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I want to point out 2 things to everyone that is saying our organization is a class act that doesn't do this kinda stuff.  Todd McClure mentioned that we had contacted him when Peter Konz was struggling and he said yes I want to come back, and they never contacted him again.  In addition, Roddy White (A Falcons Legend) was told via voicemail when he was on vacation that he was being cut.  

This is all par for the course, and partly why I just don't know if McKay or Arthur are the real issue here.  It was also super weird that Scott Pioli left the organization when it was pretty clear him and TD are buddies.  Sometimes buddies don't work well as colleagues, but something tells me he wasn't happy with something bigger than TD.  TD is a very diplomatic human, McKay seems like he's full of himself 24/7.

 

I've pointed this out elsewhere, but DQ also mentioned that "people inside the organization" were talking about how they should've kept Dirk as HC instead of him.  It also strikes me as odd that DQ was the one who moved away from a Zone running scheme to bring back Koetter. 

 

All signs point to McKay having his finger on the organization more than we've been lead on to believe, and that just inexcusable given how bad he was as a GM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrews31cain21 said:

I honestly think, TD was a casualty of DQ... no matter what, i think TD got the players that DQ wanted...DQ was just a bad coach... I do blame AB for the structure he put forth when he hired TD...TD was in a no win situation... Though...i will day...during his downtime, TD should really study on how build an OL...i will say that is his one weakness..

Lets see here....Schan Schillinger,Duke Riley,VB,Jerry,Konz,Holmes,Owens,Motta,Dent,Baker,Southward,Maponga,Sidbury,Goodman,Harlow,and Seibert all said HELLO sir. Not to mention all the FREE money he gave to FA like Schaub (15 mil the last 3 yrs) Ray Edwards,J.Brown,S.Jackson. 

Its was time for something fresh. He will bounce back and get another gig in the league. Hopefully we snatch up Dobbs.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lju713 said:

Lets see here....Schan Schillinger,Duke Riley,VB,Jerry,Konz,Holmes,Owens,Motta,Dent,Baker,Southward,Maponga,Sidbury,Goodman,Harlow,and Seibert all said HELLO sir. Not to mention all the FREE money he gave to FA like Schaub (15 mil the last 3 yrs) Ray Edwards,J.Brown,S.Jackson. 

Its was time for something fresh. He will bounce back and get another gig in the league. Hopefully we snatch up Dobbs.

 

 

 

To be fair, the drafts did get considerably better when DQ stepped in.  Mike Smith was losing his vision as a HC, and everyone who told me that Mike Nolan was a "good coach who didn't have talent" on these boards should go look at how the Cowboys are playing right now. 

 

TD is a top 10 GM in this league.  Was it time to move on?  Maybe, only time will tell.  But there's more to it than just saying "player bad, GM at fault"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrews31cain21 said:

I honestly think, TD was a casualty of DQ... no matter what, i think TD got the players that DQ wanted...DQ was just a bad coach... I do blame AB for the structure he put forth when he hired TD...TD was in a no win situation... Though...i will day...during his downtime, TD should really study on how build an OL...i will say that is his one weakness..

Maybe Raheem Morris will be a good head coach

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • zekeyboy1 changed the title to AB surprised TD..

TD hit on some good picks and missed on a heck of a lot in Rds  1-3. 
The bottom line for me is he never ever found a pass rush and pretty much sucked at the OL DL for 13 yrs. But like Boise said - if you don’t know the problem you can’t fix the problem so he was part of the problem. Time to move on....let TD ride his bike and blow his spiky hair all the way to another town. I wish him the best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I have always been a supporter of TD, but after the watching the video, I am truly glad that AB made the decision to move on. 

He is a great guy, but his head is in the clouds. A couple of things REALLY stand out to me:

  1. "I can't figure out what went wrong." He should have a very good idea of what was going wrong, what was wrong, and what still is wrong. You are the GM, and the buck stops with you. You MUST know what is wrong in order to fix it, and that is why the team did not make improvements for the last 3 years...He didn't know what needed fixed, and that is troubling.
  2. "DQ can be an excellent Head Coach again in this League." - I just don't see it. 
  3. "He's an excellent motivator." - Again, I just don't see it. If that was true, what the **** has been going wrong the last few years.
  4. "Relationship between myself and DQ was so strong, and it has to be." - Yeah, somewhat, but what if your relationship was too close? The fact that TD was not DQ's boss is a structural problem IMHO. TD and DQ were too close, and I don't think they were honest in their evaluations of one another.

I agree with #1 but I don't think he is far off on #2 and #3. 

DQ is a good coach and will get another chance. I still think he would be an amazing college head coach. My hope is that DQ learned three valuable lessons:

  1. The rah rah stuff gets old with professional players. It sounds great and probably works better in the college game, but these are grown men. Unfortunately, the best motivation in the sports world is the threat of losing your job. When you are fighting for your job every day, it pushes you to get better.
  2. You can't become too invested in the players on your team. He wanted so bad for Vic to work out but it never was. Same thing with Rico. Great guy and story but he can't be your starting safety if you want to run cover 1 and cover 3. 
  3. Stop trying to recreate the magic from Shanahan's offense. You can't hire guys who came from different schemes to run it like Shanahan. The thing about the best offenses is that they are constantly evolving as defenses adjust to stop them. If you wanted to run Shanahan's offense, you should have kept the guys from his staff.
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Worst of the worst (Rds 1-3):

2008- Sam Baker 1st

2009- Peria Jerry 1st, Chris Owens 3rd

2010-Mike Johnson 3rd

2011- Akeem Dent 3rd

2012- Peter Konz 2nd, Lamar Holmes 3rd

2014- Rashede Hageman 2nd, Dez Southward 3rd

2015- Vic Beasley 1st, Jalen Collins 2nd

2017- Takk McKinley 1st, Duke Riley 3rd

2018- Isaiah Oliver 2nd, Deadrin Senat 3rd

Best of the Best:

2008- Matt Ryan 1st

20010- Corey Peters 3rd

2011- Julio Jones 1st

2013- Desmond Trufant 1st, Robert Alford 2nd, Kemal Ishmael 7th

2014- Jake Matthews 1st, Devonta Freeman 4th, Rico Allen 5th

2015- Grady Jarrett 5th

2016- Keanu Neal 1st, Deion Jones 2nd, Austin Hooper 3rd, Devondre Campbell 4th

2017- Damontae Kazee 5th

2018- Calvin Ridley 1st, Russell Gage 6th, Foye Oluokun 6th

Some of these are debatable but it shows he has had his fair share of each with the good picks outweighing the bad IMO. Gonna hold off on the last two drafts for now.

 

He took Jake over Aaron Donald after we Coached him at the Senior Bowl though..lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

He took Jake over Aaron Donald after we Coached him at the Senior Bowl though..lol

Yeah he was one I consider not putting but hes been our starting LT ever since so I gave him a pass. Taylor Lewan has been much better as well that went a few spots later

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr_truth189 said:

To be fair, the drafts did get considerably better when DQ stepped in.  Mike Smith was losing his vision as a HC, and everyone who told me that Mike Nolan was a "good coach who didn't have talent" on these boards should go look at how the Cowboys are playing right now. 

 

TD is a top 10 GM in this league.  Was it time to move on?  Maybe, only time will tell.  But there's more to it than just saying "player bad, GM at fault"

Notice i mainly named the Smitty picks. **** under Quin it got better but VB and Takk are bust in my book or flash in the pan type players. That was Quinn whole legacy and most of his picks were/are. VB 15 sacks then👎🏼,Kazee 7 pic then👎🏼..Takk and Keanu can't stay healthy, Senat👎🏼,Oliver👎🏼,Riley👎🏼,Collins 1 good half season then👎🏼. The 2017 and 2018 draft is what got TD fired.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

I honestly think, TD was a casualty of DQ... no matter what, i think TD got the players that DQ wanted...DQ was just a bad coach... I do blame AB for the structure he put forth when he hired TD...TD was in a no win situation... Though...i will day...during his downtime, TD should really study on how build an OL...i will say that is his one weakness..

TD was on his second life line after the 2013-2014 collapse. The fact the same thing happened all over again is the end of the line. Maybe it was mostly on Quinn, still if TD wanted it he could have convinced the brass to move on from DQ and he absolutely should have done that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

TD shouldn't be surprised, look at our last draft.. Was absolutely horrible.. No way TD could stay on as GM with this draft class 

A.J. has been one of the best if not the best rookie corner, Mykal Walker has also played very well when given the opportunity. Marlon has been a disappointment but has had to deal with numerous injuries. The rest were never expected to make much of an impact right off the bat. How was the draft absolutely horrible, exactly? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...