• zekeyboy1 changed the title to AB surprised TD..(he learned about his firing while watching NFL Network) ****...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always enjoyed TD's interviews. Some are gonna look back and say he could never find a path rush which let's be honest is absolutely true, but he did a lotta great things here and I'm definitely gonna

I have always been a supporter of TD, but after the watching the video, I am truly glad that AB made the decision to move on.  He is a great guy, but his head is in the clouds. A couple of things

I'm personally of the opinion that Dimitroff has built a solid roster that has been poorly coached and I don't think he necessarily should have been fired at all though I get it, he definitely deserve

• zekeyboy1 changed the title to AB surprised TD..(he learned about his firing while watching NFL Network) *amn...

Always enjoyed TD's interviews. Some are gonna look back and say he could never find a path rush which let's be honest is absolutely true, but he did a lotta great things here and I'm definitely gonna remember the good more than the bad. Wish jim nothing but the best. 

That being said, here's to our new GM being so good we do look back on him as not being good enough 😂

5 minutes ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Always enjoyed TD's interviews. Some are gonna look back and say he could never find a path rush which let's be honest is absolutely true, but he did a lotta great things here and I'm definitely gonna remember the good more than the bad. Wish jim nothing but the best. 

That being said, here's to our new GM being so good we do look back on him as not being good enough 😂

meh.

I have always been a supporter of TD, but after the watching the video, I am truly glad that AB made the decision to move on. 

He is a great guy, but his head is in the clouds. A couple of things REALLY stand out to me:

1. "I can't figure out what went wrong." He should have a very good idea of what was going wrong, what was wrong, and what still is wrong. You are the GM, and the buck stops with you. You MUST know what is wrong in order to fix it, and that is why the team did not make improvements for the last 3 years...He didn't know what needed fixed, and that is troubling.
  2. "DQ can be an excellent Head Coach again in this League." - I just don't see it. 
  3. "He's an excellent motivator." - Again, I just don't see it. If that was true, what the **** has been going wrong the last few years.
  4. "Relationship between myself and DQ was so strong, and it has to be." - Yeah, somewhat, but what if your relationship was too close? The fact that TD was not DQ's boss is a structural problem IMHO. TD and DQ were too close, and I don't think they were honest in their evaluations of one another.

I'm personally of the opinion that Dimitroff has built a solid roster that has been poorly coached and I don't think he necessarily should have been fired at all though I get it, he definitely deserved better than to find out on the television. That shouldn't have leaked until he was informed. Maybe that's not Arthur's fault but it's clearly someone in his inner circle. Not cool. 

The title is not correct & it seems the OP misunderstood what TD said... which is how rumors get started.

He commented on all of this a few days ago in another interview that was posted on here. He says the message that he was going to be fired was delivered to him following the game that Sunday night. That's why he mentioned answering all the texts he received that evening once the news broke & why he was at home on Monday watching NFL Network rather than going in to work to do his job.

So he didn't learn about his firing by watching them talk about it on NFL Network... but as he put it, seeing that the morning after he got fired was like watching his own funeral.

The whole interview is worth checking out, but this stuff is specifically addressed at the 9:00 mark

10 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I have always been a supporter of TD, but after the watching the video, I am truly glad that AB made the decision to move on. 

He is a great guy, but his head is in the clouds. A couple of things REALLY stand out to me:

1. "I can't figure out what went wrong." He should have a very good idea of what was going wrong, what was wrong, and what still is wrong. You are the GM, and the buck stops with you. You MUST know what is wrong in order to fix it, and that is why the team did not make improvements for the last 3 years...He didn't know what needed fixed, and that is troubling.
  2. "DQ can be an excellent Head Coach again in this League." - I just don't see it. 
  3. "He's an excellent motivator." - Again, I just don't see it. If that was true, what the **** has been going wrong the last few years.
  4. "Relationship between myself and DQ was so strong, and it has to be." - Yeah, somewhat, but what if your relationship was too close? The fact that TD was not DQ's boss is a structural problem IMHO. TD and DQ were too close, and I don't think they were honest in their evaluations of one another.

I think we all still don't truly get how the team has been so underachieving the past three years. You can argue injuries at certain points, players not executing, poor FA signings that are really solely on him, too many high round bad draft picks again on him, obviously coaching (which regardless of his relationship with Quinn he should've advised to move on from him sooner, though his fate may have always been tied to his and that may be why), but there's no true consensus. Would it have been nice to hear him put blame on himself and say where he messed up in these previously described areas? Yeah. But I can understand his answer there, seeing as we've had so much talent in recent years and underachieved in everyone around the leagues eyes as well.

The other three points you made I definitely agree with. But that's him just being a friend I guess and promoting his buddy and at the same time endorsing himself as being really locked in with his head coach for future opportunities. 

So I didn't really have a problem with any answer truly. It doesn't matter now anyways I reckon.

1 minute ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

I think we all still don't truly get how the team has been so underachieving the past three years. You can argue injuries at certain points, players not executing, poor FA signings that are really solely on him, too many high round bad draft picks again on him, obviously coaching (which regardless of his relationship with Quinn he should've advised to move on from him sooner, though his fate may have always been tied to his and that may be why), but there's no true consensus. Would it have been nice to hear him put blame on himself and say where he messed up in these previously described areas? Yeah. But I can understand his answer there, seeing as we've had so much talent in recent years and underachieved in everyone around the leagues eyes as well.

The other three points you made I definitely agree with. But that's him just being a friend I guess and promoting his buddy and at the same time endorsing himself as being really locked in with his head coach for future opportunities. 

So I didn't really have a problem with any answer truly. It doesn't matter now anyways I reckon.

I just think that he is putting too rosy of a spin on things, and that was a problem for DQ too. In retrospect, it is pretty obvious that he didn't know what was going wrong, because he/DQ couldn't seem to fix what was wrong. Ultimately, he should know what was wrong. He needs to figure it out though, because I guarantee he'll get asked that question in his next interview.

Good interview...I hope the best for TD.....The OP was way off on this... TD was just saying it was weird watching them talk about his firing on TV..watching your on firing.. AB fired both on Sunday...He was talking about watching GMFB Monday morning and how it was weird watching it...  AB is a class act..and has too much respect to do anything like that to DQ and especially to TD.

10 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I just think that he is putting too rosy of a spin on things, and that was a problem for DQ too. In retrospect, it is pretty obvious that he didn't know what was going wrong, because he/DQ couldn't seem to fix what was wrong. Ultimately, he should know what was wrong. He needs to figure it out though, because I guarantee he'll get asked that question in his next interview.

I honestly think, TD was a casualty of DQ... no matter what, i think TD got the players that DQ wanted...DQ was just a bad coach... I do blame AB for the structure he put forth when he hired TD...TD was in a no win situation... Though...i will day...during his downtime, TD should really study on how build an OL...i will say that is his one weakness..

26 minutes ago, k-train said:

The title is not correct & it seems the OP misunderstood what TD said... which is how rumors get started.

He commented on all of this a few days ago in another interview that was posted on here. He says the message that he was going to be fired was delivered to him following the game that Sunday night. That's why he mentioned answering all the texts he received that evening once the news broke & why he was at home on Monday watching NFL Network rather than going in to work to do his job.

So he didn't learn about his firing by watching them talk about it on NFL Network... but as he put it, seeing that the morning after he got fired was like watching his own funeral.

The whole interview is worth checking out, but this stuff is specifically addressed at the 9:00 mark

Okay cool, I didn't watch it yet being at work, I would have certainly watched later and saw if there was a misunderstanding. That makes me feel better about Arthur 

4 hours ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

And I'll never forget about Dezmond Southward, Chevis Jackson, and  Crisp Owens...lol

Edited by zekeyboy1
18 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Good interview...I hope the best for TD.....The OP was way off on this... TD was just saying it was weird watching them talk about his firing on TV..watching your on firing.. AB fired both on Sunday...He was talking about watching GMFB Monday morning and how it was weird watching it...  AB is a class act..and has too much respect to do anything like that to DQ and especially to TD.

My apologies.......

56 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I agree with 1 and 2, though for 2 what is he supposed to do, trash DQ? 

3 Is correct on TD's part: DQ is a great motivator. That doesn't mean he knew how to be a HC or put coaches or players in the best positions, but listen to any player, coach, or media person talk about DQ and you'll see it's true.

As for 4, TD and DQ were always going to be attached at the hip as far as job security goes. TD was never going to be in a position to fire Dan without being shipped out himself, so I'm not sure how much that played into things. 

2 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

And I'll never forget about, Dezmond Southward, Chevis Jackson, and  Crisp Owens...lol

Neither will any of the rest of us haha and there's quite a few names that could be added to that if not whole draft classes (2012 was as abysmal as it gets regardless of not having a 1st or 2nd). But even the best GMs have just as many head scratchers. Same with him though there's plenty of solid picks as well and thats why he stuck around for so long. Without him we don't draft Julio and that'll always be his most memorable thing as a GM if ya ask me. That draft night was a night to remember that we may never see again

1 hour ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

I read this in Mike Tyson's voice because of the typo.

1 minute ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Neither will any of the rest of us haha and there's quite a few names that could be added to that if not whole draft classes (2012 was as abysmal as it gets regardless of not having a 1st or 2nd). But even the best GMs have just as many head scratchers. Same with him though there's plenty of solid picks as well and thats why he stuck around for so long. Without him we don't draft Julio and that'll always be his most memorable thing as a GM if ya ask me. That draft night was a night to remember that we may never see again

2009 and 2012 were horrible...lol. 2010 Weatherspoon was alright but that dude was always injured in College too. I knew he wouldnt stay healthy(Same with WilyMo in 2009)..Peters was ok for a 3rd rdr I guess...2011 got us Julio and nothing else..Akeem Dent was the next pick..lol

• zekeyboy1 changed the title to AB surprised TD..