2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Sounds like one of DQ's ideas...

Foye is a safety by trade. He was converted to a LB but still has speed. It’s not a bad idea. I actually feel like what took you so long? They should’ve been had a package with him at safety on certain downs. That way you can get Neal in the box, Foye to cover TE’s from the SS spot. Kinda brilliant actually. Foye is faster than Neal and is as smart as Rico. Would be interesting for sure and confuse qb’s. 

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

He has become one of the best Lbs in the game...I know, let’s put him at DB some. 🤮

He is a DB tho. He played safety in college. He played LB in certain packages while in school. We drafted him to play LB. He still has safety speed. He’s faster than Neal actually. A package with him at SS covering TE’s and Neal in the box could be intriguing. 

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

He is a DB tho. He played safety in college. He played LB in certain packages while in school. We drafted him to play LB. He still has safety speed. He’s faster than Neal actually. A package with him at SS covering TE’s and Neal in the box could be intriguing. 

I get he was a DB, but hasn’t been for a couple years now. If we need to move him to DB to improve safety coverage, then we need better safeties. I get slipping him out every now and again to mix up looks, I am just a little reserved when I hear about Falcons cross training positions. I would rather him be in the field as a great LB than an ok DB.

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I get he was a DB, but hasn’t been for a couple years now. If we need to move him to DB to improve safety coverage, then we need better safeties. I get slipping him out every now and again to mix up looks, I am just a little reserved when I hear about Falcons cross training positions. I would rather him be in the field as a great LB than an ok DB.

It’s not for safety coverage. It’s for certain packages. Just like the Seahawks have certain packages for Adams as a rush end. It’s for versatility. You can keep all your best players on the field without losing anything. Foye is smart so him not playing safety doesn’t mean anything. Deion sanders didn’t play wr for years and it didn’t bother him when the cowboys put him there for certain packages. Who’s the DL we had that played OL??? And did fairly well. So him not playing safety means absolutely nothing. He’s a football player. Julio is a football player. Adam’s is a football player. Deion was a football player. Long story short you can have Foye, Neal, Allen, Debo, all on the field for a big nickel look without loosing any hitters and it will confuse qb’s. Tampa bay used to do packages like that when they were great. My thinking is they’re gonna start blitzing Neal like Seattle does Adams. And that would be a reason to put Foye at safety. This is a tactic that you will see a BB use at times to confuse a qb. 

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This is humorous. It portrays a week understanding of stats. He took a one game sample and said the success rate is unsustainable. The Falcons are exactly average on 3rd down conversion rate over the course of the season at around 43%. They were 50% on Sunday. That probably is only a couple of extra conversions and is well within normal week-to-week variation. On 4th down, Falcons are below average on the season at around 57%. The league converts 4th down at around 66.7% in 2020. The Falcons were 100% in week 6...as were ELEVEN other teams!

This analytical take is about as weak as it would have been for a Falcons fan to say: "If the Falcons had converted 4th down at a league average rate in week 1, they could have won." You can draw exactly zero analytical conclusions on the NFL based on a sample size of 1 game. Its pretty dang hard to do it over an entire season. There just are not that many games and opportunities.