Week 6 Player of the week

3 minutes ago, rtbsmgsmf said:

Awesome, that’s a cool little stat. Now I want to know how that stacks up against other starting QB’s. Has Tom Brady won 15 times, what about Drew Brees, etc. 

Said chicken little who boils with rage when MR gets recognition.
Do you need a hug?

:lol:

31 minutes ago, rtbsmgsmf said:

Awesome, that’s a cool little stat. Now I want to know how that stacks up against other starting QB’s. Has Tom Brady won 15 times, what about Drew Brees, etc. 

How about quit being a debbie downer and let Ryan have his recognition?

Edited by ROMERO
40 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Do you need a hug?

I think you guys misunderstood me on that post. I’m HAPPY the dudes getting recognition, he’s gotta be the most under appreciated players in the NFL. That’s why “he’s my quarterback” lol 

was just curious how that stacks up against others. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he actually had more, but got less recognition. I think that was the point I was trying to make. 

49 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Do you need a hug?

39 minutes ago, kschreck said:

It's OK to just let someone receive the recognition that is due. 

14 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Patriots, Tampa Bay and Saints websites might have the answers you seek. 

I think you guys misunderstood me on that post. I’m HAPPY the dudes getting recognition, he’s gotta be one of the most under appreciated players in the NFL. That’s why “he’s my quarterback” lol 

was just curious how that stacks up against others. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he actually had MORE, but still got less recognition. I think that was the point I was trying to make. Not trying to start drama at all 😂

Edited by rtbsmgsmf
1 hour ago, rtbsmgsmf said:

I think you guys misunderstood me on that post. I’m HAPPY the dudes getting recognition, he’s gotta be one of the most under appreciated players in the NFL. That’s why “he’s my quarterback” lol 

was just curious how that stacks up against others. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he actually had MORE, but still got less recognition. I think that was the point I was trying to make. Not trying to start drama at all 😂

Ok bro, that was big of you. Thanks for the clarification. I actually took it as completely the opposite. I found it to be highly condescending & a total distraction from his well deserved recognition. 

I just deleted another post I just added after I saw your post.  Suffice it to say it was not a pleasant one.

:tiphat:

1 hour ago, rtbsmgsmf said:

I don't think it was as innocent of a comment as you are purporting, since you said, "It's a nice LITTLE stat."

4 minutes ago, nomak said:

How much longer have they been in the league? 

Longer obliviously. I honestly don’t even know how long they’ve been doing the whole AFC/NFC player of the week stuff. I thought it might be cool to see how many Ryan had vs what other starting QB’s had. I wasn’t using it to prove any point, I was genuinely curious. I love me some Matt Ryan, and I think he’s been tragically underrated his entire career here. 

20 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

I can hear the ESPN talking heads now:  “Yeah but it wasn’t an EXCITING 371 yards and 4 TDs. . . . “

I can’t wait for the day the dude finally gets his ring and can shut up all the haters. Inb4 “yea, but can he win 2?!” Outside of Phillip Rivers and Larry Fitzgerald, no one deserves one more than him. 

6 hours ago, rtbsmgsmf said:

4 hours ago, k-train said:

According to that site...

From 2008 to current

• Brady  - 20
  • Brees  - 19
  • Rodgers - 17
  • Roethlisberger - 14
  • Ryan - 9
  • Rivers - 7

I was honestly surprised Matt didn't have more

20 minutes ago, CADirtyBird said:

According to that site...

From 2008 to current

• Brady  - 20
  • Brees  - 19
  • Rodgers - 17
  • Roethlisberger - 14
  • Ryan - 9
  • Rivers - 7

I was honestly surprised Matt didn't have more

Thank you!!!! You’re the real MVP 🤘

That is surprising. Although at what point do you think the guys like Brady and Brees start winning these weekly awards/pro bowls based on popularity and what they’ve done in the past, vs what they’re currently doing. 

All that said, I’m happy with who we have. I don’t think some realize how blessed we’ve been to have him as our QB. Hasn’t missed a ton of games due to injury. I’ve always felt that when he’s been our QB, even some of our down years, we’ve had a “shot”. Maybe not the best shot, but it’s worlds better than I felt the season we had Joey Harrington and company. Put it this way, I can think of way more times this team has let Matt down, than the times where he’s let the team down. 

Edited by rtbsmgsmf