• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again Pff is not the end all be all..... But here are some of our young talent rankings compared to their draftmates.     AJ Terrell is the number 1 rookie CB in coverage and #2 overall

TATF : "The Young Talent" My brain:

My opinion...i believe we should have kept TD.  The team has talent. We've had the talent to have huge leads this season, but poor coaching and execution at times lead to a 1-5 record. We should be at

1 hour ago, BlazerSlayer said:

It's interesting, so has TD been let go unnecessarily? I wasn't high on McGary so hope he can continue doing well.

I would've been fine with TD staying.  He/ the FO has found some good players late in the draft and molded the scouting process to fit Nolan's Amoeba Defense and DQ's Fast and Physical Defense.  Granted, he couldn't find a stud pass rusher but I think he was solid, and he finally fixed the O Line! haha

2 hours ago, atljbo said:

The reason why it was super necessary because he could never find that stud pass rusher..... thats always been his down fall

Being almost forced to burn a good 1st rounder on a guard wasn't so good either.   Good teams draft OGs in the mid rounds and develop them.

Alex Mack was signed to a huge deal to fix OC.  In the Super Bowl, the Patriots starting OC was a former UDFA from......UGA!  What's with the Falcons that they cannot find these guys?

TD's career has been reinforced by his drafting Matt Ryan.   Ryan extended TD's GMship by at least six years, probably more.   Quinn has helped our drafts improve a good bit.

Edited by egoprime II
17 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Hawkins might might be nice. Maybe not all pro but he looked decent before getting hurt.

I'm not sure if he has a real position though.

Yeah he looked actually better than Neal, like a lot better. Hope his injury is not something on going like most of our players. 

11 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Being almost forced to burn a good 1st rounder on a guard wasn't so good either.   Good teams draft OGs in the mid rounds and develop them.

Alex Mack was signed to a huge deal to fix OC.  In the Super Bowl, the Patriots starting OC was a former UDFA from......UGA!  What's with the Falcons that they cannot find these guys?

TD's career has been reinforced by his drafting Matt Ryan.   Ryan extended TD's GMship by at least six years, probably more.   Quinn has helped our drafts improve a good bit.

I used to look at it like that but years ago i see it differently..... I think if you can draft a top tier guard and have him cheap for 5 years.. I would do it.... And the Mack signing was big to me...We missed having that vet leader .... I think our young guys has learned more from him that can be taught by coaches.

If i was a GM (and wha i think TD didnt do enough) i would take atleast 2 DLineman every year in the draft... The ravens do this and you are going to miss on most but you will catch a Matt Judon or Za'Darius Smith one of these years

3 hours ago, atljbo said:

Again Pff is not the end all be all..... But here are some of our young talent rankings compared to their draftmates.

AJ Terrell is the number 1 rookie CB in coverage and #2 overall ranked rookie CB so far this season

CBSTAT.jpg

Mykal Walker is ranked the number 1 ranked  rookie LB in coverage so far in the season

LBSTATS.jpg

Kaleb Mcgary is  the number 1 ranked  Tackle from last year draft class in the season

RTSTATS.jpg

Chris Lindstrom is  the number 1 ranked  Guard from last year draft class in the season

GSTATS.jpg

And we still have young guys like Cominsky, Sheffield, Miller, and Matt Hennessy to go along with the core vets we have...... This team has the talent to compete.... Its about our mindset and the COACHING.

for after this season... We do need a clear cut top dog pass rusher (ive heard Fowler is playing on a bad ankle but still) , Safeties, RG, and a future RB

Thank you for this. I know PFF isn't the end all be all, but this just shows how poor some fans are at judging talent. Folks were complaining LOUD as they could about McGary being a bust. Now they're so quiet you'd think it never happened. Same with Terrell. Took one game vs LSU and made that his whole college career. Took one play vs Metcalf and couldn't shut up about it. Now? Crickets. 

54 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

They did. His name was Wes Schweitzer. They just weren't satisfied for some reason. I just don't think they understood the scheme they were trying to run, hence why they needed a sure thing in Lindstrom. Look at them going to sign Carpenter and Brown instead of Saffold. Wes could block on the move and was the only LG on the roster who could consistently get to the second level. They let him walk for man blocking OGs to play in a ZBS and are frustrated they suck/sucked. It's comedic. 

58 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

This is just wrong. You used one example from the best team in the league with the best OL coach and said we should do that.

7 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I used to look at it like that but years ago i see it differently..... I think if you can draft a top tier guard and have him cheap for 5 years.. I would do it.... And the Mack signing was big to me...We missed having that vet leader .... I think our young guys has learned more from him that can be taught by coaches.

If i was a GM (and wha i think TD didnt do enough) i would take atleast 2 DLineman every year in the draft... The ravens do this and you are going to miss on most but you will catch a Matt Judon or Za'Darius Smith one of these years

No the Ravens do not. Stop this nonsense. 

2 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Patriots had the best o line coach in the game, Dante Scharneccia.