Seven NFL Teams with 1-5 record or worse - Same As Falcons - through week#6

13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Guys, don't get your hopes up for the #1 overall pick - or even a Top 3 pick.  There are 7 other teams with a record as bad (or worse) than Falcons 1-5 record.    Falcons are better than all those teams and now that "Coach Buddy" is gone, we are going to win more games.

I would love nothing more than to draft Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields with a Top 3 pick but it just isn't likely to happen.

NFL Records right now:

1. NY Jets (0-6) - could draft a QB,  Darnold just isn't getting it done
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-5) - Garner P-U
  3. Minnesota Vikings (1-5) - "Mediocre" is Cousin's middle name
  4. NY Giants (1-5) - Daniel Jones - really?
  5. Washington Redskins (1-5) - Redskins have no QB
  6. Atlanta Falcons (1-5) - time for a re-set.  Falcons need everything but this team isn't winning a SB in next two years - might not even make playoffs - get your QB if you can.
  7. Houston Texans (1-5) - don't need a QB
  8. Cincinnati Bengals (1-4-1) - don't need a QB
  9. Philadelphia Eagles (1-4-1) - who knows?  C'mon guys, you know Carson Wentz will be on the IR in next 3 weeks - take it to the bank.

Don't be surprised when this season is done when we are in our usual draft position of #8-14 again.    If Falcons want to get into position to draft a QB, probably will have to trade-up to do it - ugggh.

Just LOSE falcons like the losers that you are.

Do you mean we are going to have to fight all these teams to  lose more than they do so we can get Trever Lawrence ????   :fuego:               :argh:                   :mmmhmm:        

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man people upset when they lose and upset when they win. 

The 1st overall pick is honestly a bigger fantasy than the falcons turning it around and making the playoffs 

Yea...cause QB vs QB is how football works 

13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Guys, don't get your hopes up for the #1 overall pick - or even a Top 3 pick.  There are 7 other teams with a record as bad (or worse) than Falcons 1-5 record.    Falcons are better than all those teams and now that "Coach Buddy" is gone, we are going to win more games.

I would love nothing more than to draft Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields with a Top 3 pick but it just isn't likely to happen.

NFL Records right now:

1. NY Jets (0-6) - could draft a QB,  Darnold just isn't getting it done
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-5) - Garner P-U
  3. Minnesota Vikings (1-5) - "Mediocre" is Cousin's middle name
  4. NY Giants (1-5) - Daniel Jones - really?
  5. Washington Redskins (1-5) - Redskins have no QB
  6. Atlanta Falcons (1-5) - time for a re-set.  Falcons need everything but this team isn't winning a SB in next two years - might not even make playoffs - get your QB if you can.
  7. Houston Texans (1-5) - don't need a QB
  8. Cincinnati Bengals (1-4-1) - don't need a QB
  9. Philadelphia Eagles (1-4-1) - who knows?  C'mon guys, you know Carson Wentz will be on the IR in next 3 weeks - take it to the bank.

Don't be surprised when this season is done when we are in our usual draft position of #8-14 again.    If Falcons want to get into position to draft a QB, probably will have to trade-up to do it - ugggh.

Just LOSE falcons like the losers that you are.

You have embraced the suck...

I’ve been rooting for #1 pick since it was clear Koetter didn’t adapt over the offseason and we wouldn’t have any legit shot of contending. But I felt the only way we could actually attain it was with “coach 1 in 1000” (who hit 1 in 1000 odds twice in 53 games between 2016 SB and Dallas game, and then 1 in 500 odds the following week against the Bears) 

Thats now gone, of course, so the hope of opening a new 12+ year window (Ryan wasn’t the problem, but opening up a huge contention window when the current QB is 35 is a no-brainer) goes with it 

14 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Whereever we pick just get our next franchise QB even if he has to sit behind Ice for a season or two. The ones in this draft are good enough to go for it. Ice has been great for this franchise, but he is on the downhill side of his career and the future needs a new franchise QB to win it all.  I don't think we build a good enough defense until we let Ice go. 

Nah..You know they'll just roll with Schaub for another year..lol

17 hours ago, g-dawg said:

none of it matters until you get THE QUARTERBACK.    You get said QB whenever he becomes available or within striking distance.

The theory about "build rest of roster first" - it just doesn't work that way.

For example:   If you are convinced that Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields or whoever else is a Next Level Star - and you have the draft position and/or position plus trade assets to "get him" you do it.

SMH.....

12 hours ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

The argument though isn't just for a higher pick for DE, CB, etc. It would be for a generational talent in Lawrence or Lance (debatable). Either would likely be our star QB for the next 15 years if we didn't run them out of town. 

That being said, i don't think Ryan is done at all and can still play at a high level for the next 2-4 years. But you can't pass on either of those guys IMO and if you're close to getting one you have to seriously consider moving up to get them. 

If getting a QB isn't the plan then yeah to me there's not a huge difference between say 5-15 at least to me at this point but there's plenty of time to change that opinion obviously. 

Anything can happen, but nobody is considering Lance a generational talent. He is actually a risky pick despite his small school success and gaudy stats. That said, we could probably have said the same about Mahommes coming out so you just never know (meaning not a generational talent)

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Anything can happen, but nobody is considering Lance a generational talent. He is actually a risky pick despite his small school success and gaudy stats. That said, we could probably have said the same about Mahommes coming out so you just never know (meaning not a generational talent)

Thats why I said debatable because I know most people wouldn't say that but to me hes a perfect modern day QB. Same could be said for Lawrence of course. Fields I need to se more of. But his elite arm strength, running/escape ability, and all the while being very protective of the football.. I really like this kid and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he in fact turns out to be the next Mahomes, albeit with his own style of play

Lance has a lot to prove this season. He looked really bad this past weekend as a passer. Sure he can run but we all knew that already. 

He will for sure need to sit for at least 1 season maybe even 2. With us probably stuck with Ryan's contract for a while he could be the perfect scenario for us if they view he can be groomed under Ryan into a good QB.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

ok - close your eyes and hold your breath and hope you luck into Russell Wilson in the 3rd round.   #goodplan

Top QBs in the league right now (in no particular order) and their draft round/pick

Mahomes - 1st/10th

Rodgers - 1st/24th

Wilson - 3rd/75th

J. Allen - 1st/7th

Tannehill - 1st/8th

Carr - 2nd/36th

Herbert - 1st/6th

Goff - 1st/1st

Jackson - 1st/32nd

Roethlisberger - 1st/11th

Brady - 6th/199

Ryan - 1st/3rd

Brees - 1st/32nd

Watson - 1st/12th

Mindshew - 6th/178th

Murray - 1st/1st

Confirmed franchise worthy QBs:

Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Brady, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Jackson, Watson

Top 10: 2

10 - 20: 2

20 - 32: 3

Beyond 1st: 2

It seems the odds are more favorable in the latter half of the first round than any other. An argument that can be made is possibly because the overall teams drafting in the top of the draft suck.

Potential has a good bit in top 10:

Murray, Allen, Tannehill, Herbert, and Goff but the only one that's not early in his career is Tannehill and he had to change franchises to show his worth.

We need to build our team over the next 2-3 years. I'm POSITIVE there will be other "can't miss QBs."

The Chargers for example was able to do that and then get Herbert. They've played well against two solid teams since Herbert has started but gave it up in the end. I can see very high potential future success for that team going into Herbert's sophomore season.

3 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Top QBs in the league right now (in no particular order) and their draft round/pick

Mahomes - 1st/10th

Rodgers - 1st/24th

Wilson - 3rd/75th

J. Allen - 1st/7th

Tannehill - 1st/8th

Carr - 2nd/36th

Herbert - 1st/6th

Goff - 1st/1st

Jackson - 1st/32nd

Roethlisberger - 1st/11th

Brady - 6th/199

Ryan - 1st/3rd

Brees - 1st/32nd

Watson - 1st/12th

Mindshew - 6th/178th

Murray - 1st/1st

Confirmed franchise worthy QBs:

Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Brady, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Jackson, Watson

Top 10: 2

10 - 20: 2

20 - 32: 3

Beyond 1st: 2

It seems the odds are more favorable in the latter half of the first round than any other. An argument that can be made is possibly because the overall teams drafting in the top of the draft suck.

Potential has a good bit in top 10:

Murray, Allen, Tannehill, Herbert, and Goff but the only one that's not early in his career is Tannehill and he had to change franchises to show his worth.

We need to build our team over the next 2-3 years. I'm POSITIVE there will be other "can't miss QBs."

The Chargers for example was able to do that and then get Herbert. They've played well against two solid teams since Herbert has started but gave it up in the end. I can see very high potential future success for that team going into Herbert's sophomore season.

I’ll counter with this wall of shame of 1st round QBs taken during that same time period:

Jameis Winston, Mitch Trubisky, JaMarcus Russell, Marcus Mariota, Vince Young, Blake Bortles, Robert Griffin, Jake Locker, Dwayne Haskins, Sam Darnold, Matt Leinart, Josh Rosen,  Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Johnny Manziel, EJ Manuel, Brandon Weeden, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman. Brady Quinn, Jason Campbell, JP Losman.

The above are the complete flops. Does not include 1st round QBs who were meh never living up to their “can’t miss‘ status ( ala Cutler, Flacco, Bradford, Luck et al).

And every one of the flops I listed there was someone here in TAFT, in media, and in professional NFL scouting circles believing was gonna be a star who would revolutionize the league and take his team to a SB, just as everyone wetting their br!tches today are over the current in-Vogue QBs Lawrence/Fields et al.  You don’t know what you don’t know. Draft was and always will be an Inexact science, you and I have proven that in our many years of draft debates. 😈

So.. ...to tank just to grab something different from a future HOFer QB still playing at a high level makes zero sense to me.

If the Jets took TLaw at 1, I could live w sending them a 3rd for Darnold and letting him learn behind Ryan for a season or 2. I don’t think he is a lost cause. He has all the tools, is still young and could be salvaged if you get him out of NY in time. He is at least a viable backup QB.

15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I’ll counter with this wall of shame of 1st round QBs taken during that same time period:

Jameis Winston, Mitch Trubisky, JaMarcus Russell, Marcus Mariota, Vince Young, Blake Bortles, Robert Griffin, Jake Locker, Dwayne Haskins, Sam Darnold, Matt Leinart, Josh Rosen,  Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Johnny Manziel, EJ Manuel, Brandon Weeden, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman. Brady Quinn, Jason Campbell, JP Losman.

The above are the complete flops. Does not include 1st round QBs who were meh never living up to their “can’t miss‘ status ( ala Cutler, Flacco, Bradford, Luck et al).

And every one of the flops I listed there was someone here in TAFT, in media, and in professional NFL scouting circles believing was gonna be a star who would revolutionize the league and take his team to a SB, just as everyone wetting their br!tches today are over the current in-Vogue QBs Lawrence/Fields et al.  You don’t know what you don’t know. Draft was and always will be an Inexact science, you and I have proven that in our many years of draft debates. 😈

So.. ...to tank just to grab something different from a future HOFer QB still playing at a high level makes zero sense to me.

this is where scouting comes into play - you either believe your scouts/GM grade the QB right or you don't.     HOPE is not a plan.    If you are committed to a QB, you get him - period

If the Jets took TLaw at 1, I could live w sending them a 3rd for Darnold and letting him learn behind Ryan for a season or 2. I don’t think he is a lost cause. He has all the tools, is still young and could be salvaged if you get him out of NY in time. He is at least a viable backup QB.

meh.....if Darnold was the real deal he would have shown it by now - his upside is like a Titans-Tannehill Reclamation Project perhaps.

having said that, that's exactly what the J-E-T-S will probably do if they are #1 overall.

Can you imagine how much tail goldilocks/T-Law will get in NYC?

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

meh.....if Darnold was the real deal he would have shown it by now - his upside is like a Titans-Tannehill Reclamation Project perhaps.

having said that, that's exactly what the J-E-T-S will probably do if they are #1 overall.

Can you imagine how much tail goldilocks/T-Law will get in NYC?

If I'm Trevor, and the Jets end up with the first pick, it's back to Clemson for my senior year. I'll take my chances not getting injured.

17 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

If I'm Trevor, and the Jets end up with the first pick, it's back to Clemson for my senior year. I'll take my chances not getting injured.

That would be dumbest thing he could do.

If he’s half as good as what world thinks he is, he would own NYC. 

14 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That would be dumbest thing he could do.

If he’s half as good as what world thinks he is, he would own NYC. 

yeah I agree but he is right in this sense - NYJ is a poorly run organization.   Perhaps w/ #1 pick they could get a competant HC and GM and turn it around - but that franchise has been bad for 50 years w/ exception of 4-5 years.

42 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

No, just pull an Eli and refuse to sign there and get traded. the mess in NYJ runs deep...it’s a recipe for failure for almost anyone. 

as far as I recall, The second he has an agent he cannot go back to school (to play), so he will be done. He could also pull a Bo Jackson and just take a year off and enter the next draft, that would be dumb in today’s NFL (esp with the round 1 pay)

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah I agree but he is right in this sense - NYJ is a poorly run organization.   Perhaps w/ #1 pick they could get a competant HC and GM and turn it around - but that franchise has been bad for 50 years w/ exception of 4-5 years.

But if Golden Boy’s half what you guys say he is......😎

Seriously, jets are gonna clean house. Not sure that’s great for a rookie QB, but it can be done (see falcons/Ryan in 2008). 

And like I said, if successful he would own New York, which is unlike any city for a bonafied sports celebrity to excel in ala Derek Jeter, LT, Clyde Frazier, Namath, mantle et al.