Seven NFL Teams with 1-5 record or worse - Same As Falcons - through week#6

Guys, don't get your hopes up for the #1 overall pick - or even a Top 3 pick.  There are 7 other teams with a record as bad (or worse) than Falcons 1-5 record.    Falcons are better than all those teams and now that "Coach Buddy" is gone, we are going to win more games.

I would love nothing more than to draft Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields with a Top 3 pick but it just isn't likely to happen.

NFL Records right now:

1. NY Jets (0-6) - could draft a QB,  Darnold just isn't getting it done
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-5) - Garner P-U
  3. Minnesota Vikings (1-5) - "Mediocre" is Cousin's middle name
  4. NY Giants (1-5) - Daniel Jones - really?
  5. Washington Redskins (1-5) - Redskins have no QB
  6. Atlanta Falcons (1-5) - time for a re-set.  Falcons need everything but this team isn't winning a SB in next two years - might not even make playoffs - get your QB if you can.
  7. Houston Texans (1-5) - don't need a QB
  8. Cincinnati Bengals (1-4-1) - don't need a QB
  9. Philadelphia Eagles (1-4-1) - who knows?  C'mon guys, you know Carson Wentz will be on the IR in next 3 weeks - take it to the bank.

Don't be surprised when this season is done when we are in our usual draft position of #8-14 again.    If Falcons want to get into position to draft a QB, probably will have to trade-up to do it - ugggh.

Just LOSE falcons like the losers that you are.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man people upset when they lose and upset when they win. 

The 1st overall pick is honestly a bigger fantasy than the falcons turning it around and making the playoffs 

Yea...cause QB vs QB is how football works 

Thats exactly whats gonna happen. Only difference this year is we won't win the last few because they're tough teams but watch us win 5 out of 6 here in the middle of the season and do exactly that: end up in the 8-14 range. Its what we so best. If thats the case then I'm looking at DE, CB, and S. Any if the three need significant upgrades with DE and CB being my preferred positions in the 1st, should it indeed play out that way.

It is also important to note there are 4 other teams with only 2 wins including the Detroit Lions and Denver Broncos who we play in the next few weeks.

We could actually be the 11th or 12th worst team easily with just a couple of wins.

We also play the 3-win Panthers and Raiders soon and wins over them and another loss or so on their end could suddenly have us looking at the #14th pick or so before you know it.

The NFL this year is appearing to be an all or nothing league this year with a bunch of 4 or 5 win teams and 4 or 5 loss teams but very few in the middle.

53 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Guys, don't get your hopes up for the #1 overall pick - or even a Top 3 pick.  There are 7 other teams with a record as bad (or worse) than Falcons 1-5 record.    Falcons are better than all those teams and now that "Coach Buddy" is gone, we are going to win more games.

I would love nothing more than to draft Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields with a Top 3 pick but it just isn't likely to happen.

NFL Records right now:

6. Atlanta Falcons (1-5) - time for a re-set.  Falcons need everything but this team isn't winning a SB in next two years - might not even make playoffs - get your QB if you can.
  9. Philadelphia Eagles (1-4-1) - who knows?  C'mon guys, you know Carson Wentz will be on the IR in next 3 weeks - take it to the bank.

Don't be surprised when this season is done when we are in our usual draft position of #8-14 again.    If Falcons want to get into position to draft a QB, probably will have to trade-up to do it - ugggh.

No they can’t do that. They would rather “finish strong” and end up with a terrible draft pick.  I hate this team

5 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

No they can’t do that. They would rather “finish strong” and end up with a terrible draft pick.  I hate this team

i feel ya brotha.

Braves and Hawks tanked and you could make strong argument that it was done intentionally.   Hawks aren't there yet but are amassing talent.   Braves just missed the World Series but are very close.

I know Players don't tank - but organizations do all the time and do so strategically.    If I was GM, I would do so if I could.  I would take whatever hit I had to take to trade Matt and Julio if it was even possible to do so.   If I could get 2nd round picks, I would do it.    People will argue you should get more but the salary is a big detriment to getting other NFL teams to give you 1st round picks for older players w/ big contracts.

Bottom-line, this team needs to re-organize this top heavy roster with two stars aging.  

Whereever we pick just get our next franchise QB even if he has to sit behind Ice for a season or two. The ones in this draft are good enough to go for it. Ice has been great for this franchise, but he is on the downhill side of his career and the future needs a new franchise QB to win it all.  I don't think we build a good enough defense until we let Ice go. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

NFL Records right now:

I don't agree that a roster re-set is needed to win (perhaps a coaching reset). However, I am 100% on board with why others do. It is interesting that why we don't start with the same premise, but we do come to the same conclusion...this team is going to end up winning too often to get a top 5 pick. 

Personally, I tend to 1) believe in the power of good coaching more than the average person and 2) believe in the "can't miss" nature of high draft picks less than the average person. Therefore, I don't believe a team gains anything from losing. Put me in the "more who, than when" draft camp. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Braves and Hawks tanked and you could make strong argument that it was done intentionally.   

You do understand that the baseball model doesn't apply to the NFL? I can lay out the reasons its not a valid analogy if needed. I don't know the NBA at all, but I'd assume its an equally weak analogy if just due to roster size? 

If our new GM really wants a QB for the future, Zack Wilson or Kyle Trask could be in play later in the first. 

I've seen people hate on the QB class but I personally think it may be the best class in a long time. Trask is my number 5 QB now and I think he's just as good of a prospect as Daniel Jones was coming out. 

I’m don’t think it’s smart to get a QB right now anyway. We have a bit of talent but not that type of talent. I think we take the end of Matt Ryan years to build up the rest of the team, a consistent OL, etc. 

Then when we need the funds to secure the majority of those positions that’s when we pounce on a QB candidate in the draft or the year right before. 

I know Trevor and Justin are on everybody’s radar but every year almost there’s a QB or two that piques everyone’s interest. 

Simply put, stack up now and get your QB 2 or 3 years down the road. No big free agent contracts for the next 2 years. Then start to put in free agent work the year before drafting your QB of the future and/or the same year. 

3 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I’m don’t think it’s smart to get a QB right now anyway. We have a bit of talent but not that type of talent. I think we take the end of Matt Ryan years to build up the rest of the team, a consistent OL, etc. 

Then when we need the funds to secure the majority of those positions that’s when we pounce on a QB candidate in the draft or the year right before. 

I know Trevor and Justin are on everybody’s radar but every year almost there’s a QB or two that piques everyone’s interest. 

Simply put, stack up now and get your QB 2 or 3 years down the road. No big free agent contracts for the next 2 years. Then start to put in free agent work the year before drafting your QB of the future and/or the same year. 

No matter how much you wanna build MR2. He ain't beating Mahommes or Jackson. He can't even beat Brady and struggles to Brees. 

41 minutes ago, falcndave said:

You do understand that the baseball model doesn't apply to the NFL? I can lay out the reasons its not a valid analogy if needed. I don't know the NBA at all, but I'd assume its an equally weak analogy if just due to roster size? 

I am very aware of the differences.

MLB - no salary cap and you have the "haves" and the "have nots" - also have the farm systems where you trade for future stars(which can be speculative)

NBA - only takes ONE star player to turn a franchise

NFL - salary cap league and stars with big contracts and over age of 30 don't have a lot of value in trade market

Lots of other differences as well but those are the biggies - bottom-line,  Falcons need a re-set and a roster shake-up to go along w/ coaching shake-up.   I would certainly keep most of the young talent

Defense- Grady, Marlon, Comminsky, Debo, Foye, AJ, Sheffield, Fowler (married to him for a few yrs anyway)

Offense - Ridley, Gage, Matthews, Hennessy, Lindstrom, McGary(jury out)

Anyone over 30 or relatively high priced for what we get in return I would be willing to deal/trade if there were any takers.

55 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Build up a formidable team with draft picks and free agents before drafting a qb. Once we have a solid foundation then it's much easier for a rookie QB to come in and win and we don't have to be playing enormous money for a qb for 5 yrs. 

41 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I am very aware of the differences.

MLB - no salary cap and you have the "haves" and the "have nots" - also have the farm systems where you trade for future stars(which can be speculative)

NBA - only takes ONE star player to turn a franchise

NFL - salary cap league and stars with big contracts and over age of 30 don't have a lot of value in trade market

Lots of other differences as well but those are the biggies - bottom-line,  Falcons need a re-set and a roster shake-up to go along w/ coaching shake-up.   I would certainly keep most of the young talent

Defense- Grady, Marlon, Comminsky, Debo, Foye, AJ, Sheffield, Fowler (married to him for a few yrs anyway)

Offense - Ridley, Gage, Matthews, Hennessy, Lindstrom, McGary(jury out)

Anyone over 30 or relatively high priced for what we get in return I would be willing to deal/trade if there were any takers.

Thanks for the response. I'll also add the "reason" teams in baseball "blow it up" tends to be different. At some point teams just get tired of paying for mediocrity and realize they can get a whole lot more for a whole lot cheaper by trading talent for youth and starting over. While you can try to do that in the NFL, its just not as "clean" as it is in baseball with the minor league system you noted.

Also, and more important this this thread, I'm not sure that approach is in AB's nature. For better or worse, I think taking steps that would allow for a poor product in the short term in order to get a better product in the future would be difficult for him to embrace. I think he is pretty serious about winning and the fan value proposition when he speaks to those things. To him, sustain winning implies starting now. I'm not really debating right or wrong. I'm just pointing out why I think a major roster shakeup is less likely than many would hope. We'll know more once we know who the GM and HC are.

While Ryan and Julio are in my top five all-time favorite Falcons, and I don't think either are done winning, I'd trade either of them this afternoon if the value returned was more than what we currently have. Freeing up roster spots is of zero value to me. Who we get, what we pay them, and the salary cap considerations would all have to result in a positive value proposition over the remainder of the contracts in question (3 years?). If the Falcons can pull that off, and Blank will allow it, more power to them. 

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

i feel ya brotha.

Braves and Hawks tanked and you could make strong argument that it was done intentionally.   Hawks aren't there yet but are amassing talent.   Braves just missed the World Series but are very close.

I know Players don't tank - but organizations do all the time and do so strategically.    If I was GM, I would do so if I could.  I would take whatever hit I had to take to trade Matt and Julio if it was even possible to do so.   If I could get 2nd round picks, I would do it.    People will argue you should get more but the salary is a big detriment to getting other NFL teams to give you 1st round picks for older players w/ big contracts.

Bottom-line, this team needs to re-organize this top heavy roster with two stars aging.  

Braves didn’t tank. They did a complete rebuild. Players and coaches weren’t trying to lose games on purpose