So let's say Morris rallies this team

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What was Pete Carroll’s and BB’s on their first try?

Raheem Morris might be a really good HC. He won 10 games in 2010 with the Bucs. Also, it's rare, but sometimes a midseason coach turns into gold. It happened with Marv Levy with the Bills. He was a mi

Throw Marv Levy in there too. He wasn't very good his first go around with the Chiefs but he learned from and when he took over the Bills midseason in 1986 it turned to gold for the Bills. It's not so

6 minutes ago, SLEVEN said:

If I’m AB, I really don’t care if they win their next couple games. I would base everything on the final seven games. That’s the part of the schedule where we will see if Morris and these coordinators can make this team play like winners. 

Umm, DQ did that the last 3 years pretty much. 

1 hour ago, dothan_birdman said:

Umm, DQ did that the last 3 years pretty much. 

Exactly!  Did that little run get you a division championship? No it’s just this  “we can carry dis momentum into next year Yo!”  BS we’ve heard for three ******* years and settle for a mid round ****ty draft pick.  

Edited by Godzilla1985
7 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Raheem Morris might be a really good HC. He won 10 games in 2010 with the Bucs. Also, it's rare, but sometimes a midseason coach turns into gold. It happened with Marv Levy with the Bills. He was a midseason replacement.

I believe it has more to do with the coach actually being able to understand the players weaknesses and once they can do that they coach to thier strengths.. Look at Tannehill.. The Titans coach knows his strengths and weaknesses, and brilliantly coaches to his strengths.. He looks amazing in that system.. But he was trash in Miami 

Something special will need to happen to keep Morris. He was part of last seasons fools gold 6-2 finish. A strong finish won’t be enough, gonna take a decent showing in the playoffs for Blank to let go of the reset button. You could tell he was over it when he discussed the TD and Quinn firing.

8 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Raheem Morris might be a really good HC. He won 10 games in 2010 with the Bucs. Also, it's rare, but sometimes a midseason coach turns into gold. It happened with Marv Levy with the Bills. He was a midseason replacement.

Morris coaching record = 17-31

That is not a “really good” metric in any capacity. It’s actually horrible. So this conversations done. 

It really depends on what Koetter and Ulbrich do doesn't it?

I mean, if the problem was primarily at the top, and Koetter and Ulbrich get the job done with a new HC, doesn't that argue for their retention?

I'm not a fan of blowing things up that are working.  The question is whether Morris can get it working with those guys in place.  If anything, his fate is likely tied to them.  And I think some of what will make his success, if he finds it, will be getting the best out of his coordinators and assistants.  If he doesn't, it won't matter.  If he does, so long as everything is good in the building, any coordinator that does his job superbly should stay.

I know some of y'all hate Koetter, but I have to say -- watching our approach late in games early this season reminded me of the Super Bowl.  We wanted to blame it all on Shanahan, and that has some legs inasmuch as Shanahan did the same thing in the Super Bowl with the Niners.  But I have to wonder how much of it was Quinn's "stay aggressive" false bravado.  With Morris at the helm we did everything you're supposed to do from a coaching standpoint.  I can quibble with play calling here and there, especially some of Koetter's trademark cutesy plays we tried.  But at the base, we burned clock, moved the chains and scored points.  That's what you're supposed to do.  If Morris can keep him doing it, I don't see why we would change unless Koetter moves on.