Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A BIG shoutout to Matt Ryan for an excellent game Sunday!

For the mentally challenged, blind, and/or uninformed, that's 30 of 40 for 371 Yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 136.6 QB Rating. Maybe we should cut him and resign Mike Vick.

Julio came through as well: 8 Receptions for 137 Yards, 17.1 Yards/Reception, 40 Yards Longest, and 2 TDs. Maybe we should trade him too...say for a 3rd round draft pick... 

I won't give the defense a big shout-out, but they did manage to Intercept Cousins 3x, held the Vikings scoreless in the first half, and played better as a whole until the 4th quarter when they allowed 16 points. That goes back to my earlier rank about being too small and getting hammered late in games because the front 7 is spent.

Maybe Rich McKay can work some magic and get us a couple of double-Y chromosome 330 pound NTs. 

Yeah, maybe we can trade Matt Ryan and Julio Jones...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

I love MR2 but we need to draft the best QB available or go up get one.

Its not gonna be worth it. Lawrence will be a Jet. To be fair I haven't watched fields yet but he goes top 3. And just stay away from Trey Lance he's got bad day Mike Vick accuracy and he's 1/10th the athlete if he played in a top conference he'd get recked

Link to post
Share on other sites

The QB draft thing pretty much depends on our placement. If we’re not top 5 there’s no point of even really discussing it unless there’s some project QB that would be worth developing but at that point I’d just go pass rusher. 
 

Lawrence won’t be a Falcon and I don’t think fields will either. IF you get the opportunity you don’t pass it up but that’s a massive if. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

Its not gonna be worth it. Lawrence will be a Jet. To be fair I haven't watched fields yet but he goes top 3. And just stay away from Trey Lance he's got bad day Mike Vick accuracy and he's 1/10th the athlete if he played in a top conference he'd get recked

Lawrence will be in Jacksonville and the Jets should draft the OT from Oregon they need to protect S.D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some pretty good QB’s were not picked top 5

Russell Wilson.  Picked 75th overall - 6th QB taken

 Drew Brees.   Picked 32nd

Aaron Rodgers.   Picked 24th

Patrick Mahomes   Picked 10th

Tom Brady  Picked 199

Brett Favre   Picked 33rd

Joe Montana   Picked 72

Theisman   Picked 77

Roger Staubach  129th

Johnny Unitas 102

Bart Starr 200

 

That’s a few   
There are even more picked very early who never made it .  
 

Let’s hope, when we draft a QB again, we get the right guy, no matter when he’s picked  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

For those that think Trevor Lawernce is just another - the next great QB that will flop - you’re going to find out how wrong you are in about 2-3 yrs. Lol at josh Rosen I never heard one person say he was guaranteed for greatness. 

Well we will have to see from the outside because he is going to the Jets.  We’ll piss away that top three pick by going 7-9 or 8-8 but we will have “finished strong”.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Win now. Screw the draft! We need to set the record for being the first team to start 0-5 and win a Super Bowl. Look, I am a passionate guy and been a fan longer than most of you have been alive. This team is only one or two players, okay three players away from consistent greatness. We need a killer NT, say Dontari Poe or Grady Jackson's size/speed/talent combination to line up with Grady Jarrett and plug the middle. Then, we need to get a real LE if we want to play 4-3, in addition to a big NT. If you prefer 3-4 (me), move Grady/Davison to LE, Big Boy at NT, Davidson/Cominsky/Bailey to RE, then you can effectively use Fowler/Means at LOLB, Oluokun/Reynolds at LILB, Deion Jones/Walker at RMLB, and McKinley/Harris at ROLB. Shift personnel alignments between base 4-3, 3-4, 5-2, and all nickel and dime iterations thereof, but the KEY is we need a HUGE NT. We can sub in as needed...BUT did I mention we need a HUGE NT...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rottie said:

A BIG shoutout to Matt Ryan for an excellent game Sunday!

For the mentally challenged, blind, and/or uninformed, that's 30 of 40 for 371 Yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 136.6 QB Rating. Maybe we should cut him and resign Mike Vick.

Julio came through as well: 8 Receptions for 137 Yards, 17.1 Yards/Reception, 40 Yards Longest, and 2 TDs. Maybe we should trade him too...say for a 3rd round draft pick... 

I won't give the defense a big shout-out, but they did manage to Intercept Cousins 3x, held the Vikings scoreless in the first half, and played better as a whole until the 4th quarter when they allowed 16 points. That goes back to my earlier rank about being too small and getting hammered late in games because the front 7 is spent.

Maybe Rich McKay can work some magic and get us a couple of double-Y chromosome 330 pound NTs. 

Yeah, maybe we can trade Matt Ryan and Julio Jones...

 

Now, if we comeback next week, and look like 💩. Will you still be talking like this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tandy said:

Some pretty good QB’s were not picked top 5

Russell Wilson.  Picked 75th overall - 6th QB taken

 Drew Brees.   Picked 32nd

Aaron Rodgers.   Picked 24th

Patrick Mahomes   Picked 10th

Tom Brady  Picked 199

Brett Favre   Picked 33rd

Joe Montana   Picked 72

Theisman   Picked 77

Roger Staubach  129th

Johnny Unitas 102

Bart Starr 200

 

That’s a few   
There are even more picked very early who never made it .  
 

Let’s hope, when we draft a QB again, we get the right guy, no matter when he’s picked  

 

 

 

 

 

 

We should also remember that Mahomes and Wilson—the only recent QBs to win it all on their rookie contract—were drafted by teams that were already established contenders.   They were the last piece, not the first 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

We should also remember that Mahomes and Wilson—the only recent QBs to win it all on their rookie contract—were drafted by teams that were already established contenders.   They were the last piece, not the first 

The Seahawks were not established contenders everything just came together at the perfect time. Wagner they got the same year they got Wilson. Sherman the year prior. Earl and Kam 2 years prior. They had 4 straight losing seasons prior to Wilson's rookie year in 2012. 

The Chiefs were good in the regular season but would go one and done every year prior to Mahomes coming along. Not sure if you would call that a contender but they did have talent. They had not made it past the divisional round since 1993 prior to Mahomes. I'll give you this one since essentially like you said Mahomes was the 'final piece'.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...